The worst thing about farcical officiating

Howard Webb’s return was bound to herald more dodgy decisions. Our officials are an international embarrassment. Putin would be more discrete in his cheering if he was a ref in his spare time.
When you see UEFA and Fifa using EPL officials very sparingly that should ring alarm bells,

what do they know?

this is going to hurt even more in the morning and in the next few weeks ? it's sickening.
but worst thing will be the media love in and them paper over what happened, the cheat offside will never it's just the 2.1 for the scum and united are back ?

I can see it being goal of the month from the MOTD team saying it's genius and from the training ground

There is very much a financial (and viewership) reason for us not to win the league — PL executives have come out and said it many times.

There is more viewership and revenue after one of the cash cow clubs win the league, and less revenue the longer non-cash cow clubs dominate (loss of sponsorship/advertising revenues, fan or casual follower engagement, merchandising revenues, etc).

We simply do not bring in the same overall revenues for the league (short-term and mid-term) by winning back-to-back-to-back titles.

Now, we may eventually become a cash cow club, but we aren’t there yet, and the league are now getting very nervous with the likes of Liverpool and United ownerships looking to sell and the ESL situation (which hasn’t actually gone away).
Spot on, so many can't see the big picture when it comes to the Premiere League

It's at its highest level when it comes to selling the rights at the minute, if City continue to dominate that will change, the Dippers and the Rags are the only clubs they want to dominate as both them clubs even if we hate to admit it have grown the brand that is the EPL more than any other clubs when it comes to armchair and plastics throughout the world and they are what's important to the EPL not you the loyal supporter of your club, the match going loyal supporter is well down the pecking order, just look at the times and days live games are scheduled at

The worst thing about today’s farcical officiating for me is not that we were robbed of point(s) or that we lost to United (though, both are bad, mind).

The worst aspect—and perhaps a “happy consequence” for those behind the incredibly suspect officiating in our matches as of late—is that it makes me feel like a dupe.

You start questioning whether you are an idiot for continually wanting to watch us play whilst trying to ignore the increasing evidence that the league are trying to manipulate outcomes to ensure they have a different winner this season.

And before the usual suspects come out and accuse me of proclaiming a complete and total conspiracy against City, I don’t think it is specifically against us because we are Manchester City. Nor do I think the manipulation is present in every match or every decision. But I do think it is becoming increasingly apparent that the league want to “protect the product” and they don’t want a club—in this case us—dominating for long periods of time in the modern iteration of the competition and so they’ll do what they can to attempt to prevent that (with varying degrees of success).

And only an idiot watches the WWE thinking it is a real wrestling match, right?

It’s begun to really hamper my enjoyment of watching us and football in general.

I have always thought that the premier league was no different to other football competitions in the world and that match fixing or manipulation has been present for decades. But it was more one-off and to do with gambling and individual dodgy situations. It wasn’t systematic.

But it is genuinely starting to feel more designed and comprehensive as the seasons have gone on. Not just against us, but with other clubs, as well, to aid the league’s cash cow clubs (PL and FA executives have even come out and said it is not good for the brand to have the most globally followed clubs not winning things).

I may be in the minority, and I know I am opening myself to all manner of abuse with this thread, but I felt it was worth sharing, as maybe others are feeling the same way.

Football has absolutely changed since I was a lad, don’t think there is good faith argument to the contrary. But the last few years it has seemingly gone the way of pure entertainment rather than at least sport for entertainment.

The drama is now the main product; the football is secondary. Broadcasters, social media, and certain clubs have ensured that transition in my opinion. I am actually starting to think a few of them see the actual football games as a bit of a hinderance to the product at this point. The drama is more profitable than the goals.

Maybe I am wrong and have just become jaded. Perhaps I just need to take a break for awhile, and regain hopefully the love I have lost.

Am I completely by myself here?
You're not even close to being alone. I have always disliked losing, a great deal, lol. But right now I'm feeling different. It's hard to explain. Of course I feel disappointed that we lost, but I'm also feeling sad in a melancholy type of way. A bit depressed. Sad that a sporting event at supposedly the highest level in the world can be shattered by such a complete disregard for fair play. It destroys the entire integrity of the game. How does the ref not take the time to go to the monitor and see that the goal can clearly not be allowed to stand. If there's no recourse against something that grotesquely wrong then what's the point? I could not believe what I was seeing.

In light of recent responses from the F.A. what do you think their "response" will be? Nothing , an endorsement of the decision illustrating why it was correct OR an official apology for an incorrect decision?

this is going to hurt even more in the morning and in the next few weeks ? it's sickening.
but worst thing will be the media love in and them paper over what happened, the cheat offside will never it's just the 2.1 for the scum and united are back ?

I can see it being goal of the month from the MOTD team saying it's genius and from the training ground
I very rarely do the media thing anyway, but dump them totally when these shit things happen.

just seen this hahahahahahaha

Manchester United 2-1 Manchester City: Was Bruno Fernandes' equaliser a 'joke' or 'intelligent'?​

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.