The worst thing about farcical officiating

Trying to think how they can stop this happening again assuming they are not going to go back to the old rules, not sure how it can be done but maybe something along the lines of the player who is offside must run in a direction away from the ball until another player touches the ball.
Fucked if I know.

Like I said the other day, back to the old day's, on or off, simple, non of this bent bullshit.
remember when you tried to explain the offside rule to a girl , now no one has got a clue.

i used to spot an offside from 100 yards ,haven't got a clue what is and isn't nowadays , i can't even tell what phase of play im watching.

The worst thing about the decision is you can run 30 yards after a ball and not be deemed interferring yet can be ruled off by VAR for a toe being offside. Common sense has completely gone from the game.

Such incidents are now used as part of the toolbox for manipulation.

C'mon. Spare us the tin hat stuff, it's not bent, it's just shit rules being subjectivity applied. Same as it always has been

Trying to think how they can stop this happening again assuming they are not going to go back to the old rules, not sure how it can be done but maybe something along the lines of the player who is offside must run in a direction away from the ball until another player touches the ball.
Fucked if I know.
If it wasn't at the shit hole it would be been dis allowed

Fucked if I know.
Seriously why not just go back to the old rules at least we all know where we stood ........... if the ball was played forward and you was in an offside position then your offside and that’s that ........ but the phase 1 of play this not interfering with play just complicates things ........., but no doubt there will be yet another rule change ............. Fook me how did football survive for decades without all these law changes :(
The games becoming a sham you should be able to turn up watch a game and not be sat worrying about bent officials but sadly that’s how it goes now ..............the PL and the media need the likes of United and Liverpool at the top to satisfy a bunch of glory hunting pricks and sadly they will stoop that low to make sure it happens

Put the Eds team out against spuds Thurs, it won't matter cos we won't be allowed to win anyway . They want us out the top four and scum cemented in . Also watch Kane get some scruffy goals now, the next thing will be to try and get him up with big Earl on goals you watch !!

The worst thing about today’s farcical officiating for me is not that we were robbed of point(s) or that we lost to United (though, both are bad, mind).

The worst aspect—and perhaps a “happy consequence” for those behind the incredibly suspect officiating in our matches as of late—is that it makes me feel like a dupe.

You start questioning whether you are an idiot for continually wanting to watch us play whilst trying to ignore the increasing evidence that the league are trying to manipulate outcomes to ensure they have a different winner this season.

And before the usual suspects come out and accuse me of proclaiming a complete and total conspiracy against City, I don’t think it is specifically against us because we are Manchester City. Nor do I think the manipulation is present in every match or every decision. But I do think it is becoming increasingly apparent that the league want to “protect the product” and they don’t want a club—in this case us—dominating for long periods of time in the modern iteration of the competition and so they’ll do what they can to attempt to prevent that (with varying degrees of success).

And only an idiot watches the WWE thinking it is a real wrestling match, right?

It’s begun to really hamper my enjoyment of watching us and football in general.

I have always thought that the premier league was no different to other football competitions in the world and that match fixing or manipulation has been present for decades. But it was more one-off and to do with gambling and individual dodgy situations. It wasn’t systematic.

But it is genuinely starting to feel more designed and comprehensive as the seasons have gone on. Not just against us, but with other clubs, as well, to aid the league’s cash cow clubs (PL and FA executives have even come out and said it is not good for the brand to have the most globally followed clubs not winning things).

I may be in the minority, and I know I am opening myself to all manner of abuse with this thread, but I felt it was worth sharing, as maybe others are feeling the same way.

Football has absolutely changed since I was a lad, don’t think there is good faith argument to the contrary. But the last few years it has seemingly gone the way of pure entertainment rather than at least sport for entertainment.

The drama is now the main product; the football is secondary. Broadcasters, social media, and certain clubs have ensured that transition in my opinion. I am actually starting to think a few of them see the actual football games as a bit of a hinderance to the product at this point. The drama is more profitable than the goals.

Maybe I am wrong and have just become jaded. Perhaps I just need to take a break for awhile, and regain hopefully the love I have lost.

Am I completely by myself here?
I think you have the wrong end here. Follow the money is always the way to go. The FA and PL are in hock to the Sly, BT etc media. They provide the money and they want the teams that bring in the most money to be successful. That is, mostly, the red shirts. Why do you think the rags are on TV every week? The dates and times are moved around to the benefit of them, the past week is a case, they play at home on Tuesday, we play away at Southampton on Wednesday then play them early Saturday. It has been the case for years. They have to keep their red shirts in contention to keep the money coming in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.