The worst thing about farcical officiating

I think you have the wrong end here. Follow the money is always the way to go. The FA and PL are in hock to the Sly, BT etc media. They provide the money and they want the teams that bring in the most money to be successful. That is, mostly, the red shirts. Why do you think the rags are on TV every week? The dates and times are moved around to the benefit of them, the past week is a case, they play at home on Tuesday, we play away at Southampton on Wednesday then play them early Saturday. It has been the case for years. They have to keep their red shirts in contention to keep the money coming in.
And while we're down at the moment they sure as hell are going to keep their foot on our necks..no doubt at all.
It's only a matter of time before a team walks off in protest led by the coach

There is very much a financial (and viewership) reason for us not to win the league — PL executives have come out and said it many times.

There is more viewership and revenue after one of the cash cow clubs win the league, and less revenue the longer non-cash cow clubs dominate (loss of sponsorship/advertising revenues, fan or casual follower engagement, merchandising revenues, etc).

We simply do not bring in the same overall revenues for the league (short-term and mid-term) by winning back-to-back-to-back titles.

Now, we may eventually become a cash cow club, but we aren’t there yet, and the league are now getting very nervous with the likes of Liverpool and United ownerships looking to sell and the ESL situation (which hasn’t actually gone away).
I'm not so sure we will ever become one of the cash cow clubs simply because of the colour of our shirts.

Red is considered a lucky colour throughout much of Asia and people there want to be associated with it, hence why Liverpool and united have such a huge following there.

Shove Haaland in an offside position, play the ball to him and have one of our other players run from deep from onside to tuck it in while Haaland shields the ball. Guarantee it would be disallowed if we tried that.
We should try to do that just to prove a point. Perhaps in a game we are leading by 3 or 4 we could try it multiple times. Probably get yellows and reds though.

My heart sank when i saw Atwell was appointed he allowed Leeds players free reign a few games ago Yesterday until the goal he was OK although he had little to do yet he missed the fact that the rags LB committed 7 fouls
He has form for major fuckups being responsible for the ghost goal maybe he thought that Rashford was a ghost?

Ghost Goal & Atwell

Honestly, if I people think it's all corrupt and fixed why bother watching or going to games at all
The whole game is not corrupt but there have always been individual bent decisions and always will be. Some refs now to peer pressure, some hate certain players or teams. It is subtle and nuanced. Atwell’s career will not be harmed by what he did yesterday. There is a media bias in the way LFC and MUFC are treated which impacts on the weaker officials.

Honestly, if I people think it's all corrupt and fixed why bother watching or going to games at all
Until yesterday I was never fully comfortable with the corruption and conspiracy theories but that's all changed now. I just find it incomprehensible that a referee could make a decision like Attwell's unless he was bent. Indeed I would say a few people won't bother going anymore. I only get to a handful of matches every season anyway so I might well be one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.