The worst thing about farcical officiating

I’m just off stage so haven’t seen motd but I thought they’d sweep it under the carpet as usual. I’m tired of being repeatedly shat on as a City fan. The cheating would be almost bearable if there was an outlet that had the balls to say what’s going on and have an honest debate about what’s happened and call this shit out, but we’re so far beyond that.

They’re not even hiding it anymore, and what’s more, they’re completely destroying the game with this shite.

The club need to grow a pair.

It’s not good enough and we shouldn’t accept it anymore. It’s been 14 years of totally imbalanced officiating and media reporting and David Silva for most of that time being man marked by 2 opposing players and a referee.

I’m sick of taking the higher moral ground. We need to hire the PR equivalent of Richard Dunne, someone who takes no shit, who’s honest works hard, clears the lines and nobody wants to come up against, an honest guy who knows the game and when needed and when you take a crack off him you realise just how much of a proper nasty bastard he can be. Someone who when he hits you with sky blue integrity you fucking know what honesty is.

That’s to deal with the press for a start, and once that tide has turned we stand a chance of being officiated with the same much maligned sub-standard referring as most other PL clubs instead of being handicapped by the rancid twisted cunts before the game has kicked off cos we wear the most beautiful shade of blue.

I swear they’ve done us over in so many different ways and often with immediate rule changes which fuck us again. It’s a farce.

….But despite the shite we digest and have to sit through regurgitation by sheep, on a daily basis, we are still way ahead of the rest.

CTID
exceptional post.

Just watched the goal again and fernandes goes shouting towards the linesmen the lines then leans in and says something Fernandas then turns around and walks away with smug smile on his face like he was told don’t worry the goal will stand! This grey area is there to be manipulated by the officials we need to go back to ofside is offside no grey area where everyone knows where they stand! Oh a referee who let a goal count that didn’t even go in the goal will lose no sleep whatsoever over that decision yesterday for me he should be demoted to the conference for a year!

Can a football club actually begin legal proceedings against the officials, and officiating body?

I know it won't happen, especially not by toothless City, but is it possible to do when they ignore their own rules?
I think not because the Football Clubs are registered to the association.
The rules are changed every day, and the interpretation and usage of the rules are change every few minutes.

I will say that we have been on the right side of a few decisions since VAR got implemented. If you are looking for VAR as a scapegoat, I don't think the abysmal performance today is worth it.

What did that cheating cnut Rashford get his MBE for ? Contributions to the art's, fabulous acting with the first half broken leg scene, such drama, this warrants an OBE. Surely he could have been sat as Boris's right hand man, with his lack of morals and scruples.

What did that cheating cnut Rashford get his MBE for ? Contributions to the art's, fabulous acting with the first half broken leg scene, such drama, this warrants an OBE. Surely he could have been sat as Boris's right hand man, with his lack of morals and scruples.

He got his MBE for promoting a stereotype.

Just heard Dermott Gallagher say that VAR couldn't intervene as it's not a factual error. It's s subjective decision as to whether Rashford interfered with play and therefore was ofside. So as i thought last night and said in the thread, the Linesman has flagged it offside and the referee has overruled it.

So the ref has overruled the linesman's interpretation that Rashford was offside to make his own interpretation that he was onside.

I was livid last night (watching from Perth, WA) i'm actually worse this morning. That was a truly dreadful decision.

Did he really say VAR couldn't intervene in a subjective decision? They refer subjective decisions back to the referee all the time. If they didn't intervene, it's because they agreed with the decision or, at least, didn't see enough to ask the referee to review it. Nothing else.

These last two matches, City at United and Wolves at Liverpool, have shaken my trust in the management of the sport to the very core. Sounds dramatic, but I am beginning to wonder if, after watching football for over 50 years, there is any point any more. When officials use the "system" to manipulate outcomes, the game has a serious problem.

Wish we could fast forward to the end of this shitty season. A season destroyed by the world cup in November, by fixture congetion, by VAR, by a shocking standard of refereeing (not just yesterday) and by the stink of money, influence and interference by those 'running' the game we all love.

The game is being lost and the fans are the losers

Turning referee's into professionals really improved things, ffs !!!

All it did if anything was ensure they tow the line as it’s their only source of income.

Want to get to the top and have the big games? Do as you’re told it’s that simple and plenty of ex refs have confirmed this is exactly how it’s run and works.

You do not rock the boat of certain clubs as they have the power to finish you as an official.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.