The worst thing about farcical officiating

The most farcical thing about yesterday is that it proved that all the tinkering around the edges, changes of emphasis and worked examples that have been introduced as part of the interpretation of Rule 11 have actually made it worse.

'Offside' is about a player gaining an advantage. Rashford was able to protect the ball and therefore gained an advantage. Someone's toe being offside is not gaining an advantage. Someone coming back from an offside position and playing a ball when they're no longer offside is not (in my view) gaining an advantage.

Even with VAR, there should be two considerations. Is the attacking player gaining an advantage? Has the official made a clear error? If the answers are 'Yes' and 'No' respectively, then it's offside. If the answer to the first is 'No' then it's not offside.

Do the refs have the power to change how each game is ref'd ? We will use VAR in this game but not in that game ! Its not the fucking fa cup
It's honestly (and likely purposely) baffling the way they chose to implement VAR.

I don't think anyone, based on evidence from all the games VAR has been in place for could write a set of hard and fast rules for how and when to use VAR. I think they GENUINELY make it up as they see fit.

I'd like to know how Fernandes escaped a yellow for his challenge on Cancelo!

Right just been out in my big reversible City coat, the coat is now back to the sky blue side.

I wont hide, my fight is back, I always wear City garments every single day.

Palace wont be my last game, it's like a switch has been flicked. Mad lol

There wants us to fill pissed of and to walk away. Well they can fuck right off

CTID
Good lad

Sorry, not true.

A fair and level playing field, and City SMASH the league. I'm sick of us having to be so much better than everyone else to win. It always make it sweeter when we do, but it doesn't take away my hatred of the bent f*ckers in charge of the game.
See that's the problem though, you think the officiating is bent against our club. Do you honestly believe that Premier league refs are told to treat us differently? If so who tells them? How has this agenda ainst us from PGMOL been allowed to fester and flourish without a single journo or ex ref blowing the whistle (pardon the pun).

If you pay a visit to Rawk you'll see they believe that we have the refs and the media in our pocket as we, in their eyes, get all the dodgy decisions going for us and the media are up our arses. Listen to talksport for example and you'll see that fans of probably most premier league clubs think there is some form of media agenda against their club.

We're not the only ones who think we're getting shafted, everyone's suffering from crap refs, we just think we're special for some reason.

I think the simplest interpretation I can think of is ‘if Rashford isn’t there does Fernandes score?’. To which the answer is clearly no. Ederson, Akanji and possibly even Walker all get to the ball before Bruno. So how does Rashford being there not constitute him interfering with play? I’m still a bit baffled by this but just a little less angry this morning!

This team, these players and this manager need support now more than ever. We have to channel this anger and frustration into getting behind the team!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.