The worst thing about farcical officiating

Honestly, if I people think it's all corrupt and fixed why bother watching or going to games at all
That's a very good point ,and lots of people will probably not bother. I am growing more and more bored with the way football is ran in this country so maybe it is time . But City just draws ya back .

Yesterday's "offside" decision was a joke, but it still detracts from the fact we were a shadow of our true selves, another disappointing performance, it's becoming a bad habit.

The BBC were always going to sweep it under the carpet. I believe they and the other TV companies are 100% complicit in the coverup of the corruption , being held to ransom by their lucrative TV deals with the PL.
Bang on !! Imagine the National outcry if it’d happened to England in the World Cup?? We’d be withdrawing diplomat's. I’ll take getting beat on a playing level but when it’s taken out of our hands it’s difficult to take feel worse this morning than after the Madrid semi . I’m so disillusioned with the whole shit show.

We have the worst match officials in Europe, they are smug and arrogant. Since the advent of the Result Manipulation System aka VAR there is nothing that grips my shit more than the sight of them tapping their earpiece and shrugging their shoulders, absolving themselves of any responsibility, when it suits.

The way the assistant referee visibly wilted yesterday after flagging the equaliser offside was truly pathetic. Before RMS the referee would have backed him up, now they cut them loose and let VAR, sorry the RMS dig them out of a hole. It really is a shit state of affairs.

Honestly, if I people think it's all corrupt and fixed why bother watching or going to games at all
It’s hard to take on the chin, isn’t it?

Nobody wants to believe that they can manipulate the game to certain outcomes so it makes it easier to refer to these incidents as ‘incompetent’ or ‘it’s just a mistake’, but then see the very same referee officiating in the next game.

If you made so many mistakes or were incompetent, would you still be allowed to carry on regardless?

The PL and PGMOL continue to allow these farcical decisions, which should tell you what outcome they want.

Shove Haaland in an offside position, play the ball to him and have one of our other players run from deep from onside to tuck it in while Haaland shields the ball. Guarantee it would be disallowed if we tried that.

I know that’s purely hypothetical for the sake of it but I would love it to happen. I’d be interested to see what they actually did.

Morning !

Still cant believe that goal was allowed to stand, still really pissed of about it.

The worst thing for me was after 62yrs is slowly falling out of love with football. Only been to one match this season, the fire in my belly isnt there. I dont know why, perhaps it was being there at the villa game. The first time in person I saw us win the league and in dramatic style. Perhaps I need a season off !.

I think we City as a club to take action and show us fans the club cares and cares about us fans. City do something, so us you care

Three matches our fans have things thrown at them. Twice at the Etihad and yesterday. Not one arrest, in fact the club got into bed with the main culprit and wrote a stupid letter. I think it's a fucking disgrace that not one dipper has been arrest.

I might just be me but I dont feel like the club care about us match going fans. I think back to the days of going to Platt lane, and getting your autograph book signed. Perhaps it's now time for me to sit back and let the younger blues take up the fight. Fans my age we did the shit years and most still managed to get our kids to follow City.

I have always said that 70% of utds league title wins were bent.

Having seen the dippers v wolves and rags v City games. Both the home teams statium hasnt got a big screen. Anfield hasnt even go the correct camera positions. Why are these grounds allowed to be used when not up to spec ? City have been screwed numerous times at Anfield and the swamp.
Every time its brushed under the carpet within days.

Fans pay big money yet the red tops are allowed to brake the rules when it comes to the standard of their statiums

Sadly the reason for the cover ups is money. The clubs lower down the league wont say a word because they need the money. Press/media the same, tv the same. The fact that the than head of the premier league can say they a have 6 year plan to ensure a different league winners.
No one from tv or press/media asked them to explain how could you have a plan if the games arent fixed. The premier league basically admitting the league wasnt straight yet it was completely ignored. To me that was a huge story , the best league in the world has a plan to insure a different winner every 6th year.

City have won the league by beating the teams and the system. A system which clubs write to CAS to try and get us banned. A system that allows the press/media to constantly write or say lies about us.

I miss that fire in my belly I havent a clue where it has gone even if it will come back. Perhaps the Palace game this season has turned out to be my last, I dont know. I cant even get that horrible feeling of real anger about yesterday, it's more disbelief I cant understand how the goal was given. Is that the goal that finally gets me to admit 100% the game I love is bent ?
I cant think of any other reason for it to be awarded. VAR was brought in to stop these goals but VAR is just a tool to fix games.

PS just mike up the ref and VAR so we can here the decision if it isnt bent, what are you scared of ?

Here ends my Sunday rant :)

Last edited:
I know that’s purely hypothetical for the sake of it but I would love it to happen. I’d be interested to see what they actually did.
Not being funny but it’s actually something teams could work on, have a guy run offside play the ball to him watch the defenders stop or be distracted and have someone else run through to shoot. What will future refs do, they’ll be surrounded by players saying it’s the same as Rashford/Fernandes

Not being funny but it’s actually something teams could work on, have a guy run offside play the ball to him watch the defenders stop or be distracted and have someone else run through to shoot. What will future refs do, they’ll be surrounded by players saying it’s the same as Rashford/Fernandes

100%. It’s hard to make a situation like yesterday happen, though, because you’d need it all to fall perfectly through luck really. Unless you have speedy Gonzales running from deep.

I’m sure there’s a manager or two looking at yesterday and thinking up tactics though. Pep is shithousery enough too IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.