The worst thing about farcical officiating

I'm not a big follower of international football but remembered this morning a discussion about England's game where they were knocked out of the world cup and he was saying the ref was awful etc.etc. I didn't think he was as bad as the premier League refs. Difference is he's a Liverpool guy... Hmm.

Did he really say VAR couldn't intervene in a subjective decision? They refer subjective decisions back to the referee all the time. If they didn't intervene, it's because they agreed with the decision or, at least, didn't see enough to ask the referee to review it. Nothing else.

These last two matches, City at United and Wolves at Liverpool, have shaken my trust in the management of the sport to the very core. Sounds dramatic, but I am beginning to wonder if, after watching football for over 50 years, there is any point any more. When officials use the "system" to manipulate outcomes, the game has a serious problem.
Yes. See my later post. I re-watched it and Put the exact quote in. Not sure how to link. Hopefully this works.

Critical thing is VAR was not involved. Atwell overruled the linesman’s decision. There wasn’t any consultation with VAR from what I can gather.

The worst thing about today’s farcical officiating'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...y’s-farcical-officiating.358204/post-15620245

I wonder if an automated offside system (like the wc one) would’ve come up with a different decision? I believe it would as VAR would have had no choice than to get involved….maybe this is why we are seeing decisions such as this, to encourage its inception (without protest) it’s what they did with VAR, remember all those decisions pre-var that went against us? Most welcomed VAR with open arms after that

Scandalous....

Did anyone notice... In the first half the commentator said about the ref "apparently he wants VAR to stay out of it today." Heard it and i thought what?? Knew something funny would happen...
I don't think var was working yesterday
All the close offside calls were flag straight away
And why after the offside goal after over ruling the linesman flag you wouldn't go to the screen to see if Rashford impacted any player

Its npt about the coverage so much,

Doesnt matter what stream you watch etc

The rules arw being made up to suit certain teams

Im done
I’m with you. Stopped reading UK press about 3 years ago. Cancelled my OptusSport subscription this morning.

Won’t make a dent, but already feel better that the “product” is not getting a cent from me. That was cheating and manipulation by the official to engineer an outcome for the Rags. So blatant it’s staggering how many “commentators” still can’t call it as it is.

CityTv the only thing I now have (if I could get the update to work on my Sony TV!).

Just heard Dermott Gallagher say that VAR couldn't intervene as it's not a factual error. It's s subjective decision as to whether Rashford interfered with play and therefore was ofside. So as i thought last night and said in the thread, the Linesman has flagged it offside and the referee has overruled it.

So the ref has overruled the linesman's interpretation that Rashford was offside to make his own interpretation that he was onside.

I was livid last night (watching from Perth, WA) i'm actually worse this morning. That was a truly dreadful decision.
On what planet is Rashford NOT interfering with play?

How that referee can say with a straight face that he wasn't is truly beyond my comprehension.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.