The worst thing about farcical officiating

Gallagher saying 'ah thats only a bulletin point...blah blah, there's 4'

The offside law clearly uses the word 'OR' not 'AND'

'making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball'

Its so blindingly obvious that the goal had to be ruled out for offside-it is completely indefensible.
This is why the decision was just wrong as the big nosed scumbag left it until the last split second before bugs bunny nipped in! If he didn't want to gain an advantage ( which he clearly did ) then he would of threw his hands up and stopped running. Nothing will change the result but it was just the wrong decision.

I’ve just rewatched the match—because I am a masochist—and the officiating was even worse than I remembered.

Nearly everything went for United, even ignoring that farcical goal.

50/50 challenges? 80% to United.
Penalty claims? 100% to United.
Offside calls? 90% to United.
Fouls-to-Bookings? 100% to United.

They had 15 fouls and only 3 yellow cards, with Malacia puting in about 5 of them on Mahrez with no booking. And they had many other fouls that weren’t called. We had 5 fouls.

Phil was immediately flagged for very tight offsides by the same ref that kept his flag down for the Interpretative Movement Ghost Goal.

The bias toward United is so blatant the only explanation is that the league just doesn’t care how obvious it. They aren’t even trying to hide it. And with the United support through the industry and world, the ‘cry more’ drama and controversy at City’s expense is perhaps exactly what they wanted.

It’s infuriating.
How on earth did Malacia NOT get a yellow? Virtually every challenge by him he left a bit in....incredible!

we need to score the same goal Haaland running 20 yards offside and ignore defenders stopping to play even the whistle and create a scene if someone like Foden coming from onside to actually score it.
if they dont award nt send in Carson to KO the 4th ref for a start.
I think this is a really good point. Would be interesting if we tried this next game to see what actually happens. It would make a mockery of the decision. If they start allowing goals like that, then surely other teams will try to take advantage of the loophole and will attempt to score a similar goal. The referring board or Howard Webb need to clarify the rule and just admit that the ref made a massive error. I think we should demand an apology as it could prove costly end of season.

This is why the decision was just wrong as the big nosed scumbag left it until the last split second before bugs bunny nipped in! If he didn't want to gain an advantage ( which he clearly did ) then he would of threw his hands up and stopped running. Nothing will change the result but it was just the wrong decision.
...as annoying (and plain wrong) as it was, it was clever play (cheating?) by Rashford, in effect trying it on. You can bet your life a few players will also try it now, only to be rightly flagged as offside.

Not read any posts yet,but just seen ref watch,Gallagher saying the gap between akanji and rashford was to big, course it was he had a 2 yard start for f##k sake.

Anyone else think thursday is shaping up to be one of "those" spurs v city games...? We could certainly use the help...
No we’ll get well and truly f***** over, so more of us just give up the fight, and that’s the other side of their plan, they will push the rags all the way to the title.
They’ll make sure we get the points against Arse obviously. I think the club need to be very vocal on this bullshit or they will see a lot of us fans unable to cope with it, and just give up going or following as it’s pointless, especially baring in mind the current cost of living.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.