Theo Walcott? ..

Salar said:
NO don't like him,don't need him.We don't play with wingers.I don't want another expensive bench warmer.
Tough. Mancini just called and said he's not arsed,

Would be much happier if we signed him than Sinclair. The competition at City would hopefully improve him and I think he would do well for us.

Neville Kneville said:
Blueboy Danny said:
Scooby Blue said:
Not sure that Walcott is that good against a massed defence...
His most eye-catching displays are away from home on counter-attack...
He gives you pure pace on counter-attack...which scares other team + stops them pushing full-backs up etc

Just thinking that when teams do park the bus against us for some reason all our play seem the go through a highly congested middle route, Walcott's wing play my just counter this if he responds to proper coaching, I know all hypothetical but still.

His crossing success rate is a bit better than one in ten. dzeko will have a huge beard by the time he lands one on his head.

Fair point but I still feel you are under estimating the Mancini factor, Hart, Kompany, Richards and arguably Tevez have all improved significantly under Mancini's mentor-ship, Johnson would have also improved if he had ignored his own hype and put the work in.

A lad that's hungry but going stale at his club, in need of a fresh challenge, why not?

He's at his best when in tight positions around the box, interlinking with front men, sound familiar?

Also what a dream for a counter attack, Aguero, Tevez and Walcott........hold on i've just dribbled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.