These LGBT school protests

As ever with such things, the detail of what they are protesting about is less important than that they care enough to protest. Bloody wonderful.

Never said you were (that campaigner who appeared in the BBC undoubtedly is though), but we're not talking about sex education, we're talking about whether it's right to teach children that different types of family exist. In principle, it's no different from teaching children that single parent families exist. So what exactly are they teaching that you are uncomfortable with? What are you imagining when you say 'sex education?'

On a slightly different note, if you watch Hey Duggee on CBeebies, you'll notice that one of the kids is adopted.

7zlvfaaxpfj11.png

Little things like that make a difference. Including characters with disabilities is another example so that kids know about these things.

I believe the whole thing should be left alone, until the children are much older.

Let their minds develop first.

Since having a little girl I have noticed how early we push the idea of girls becoming mums at an early age.

I haven't watched that show, is it on weekends? As that's when I have my children so will see if they watch it.

There are indeed enormous implications. We cannot simply accept someone self identifying as female, then allow
that person free access to female toilets, and justify that decision as being 'Tolerant,' the opportunities for every
twisted pervert out there make it totally unworkable, and dangerous.
I've no problem with children being told about gay relationships, but to implement such a policy, if indeed that's what's
being considered, I don't know, would create no end of societal problems.

Is men sneaking into womens toilets under the guise of being transgender that much of a problem though? Even if you go in women's toilets, they have their own cubicles so it's not like you can really see much through subterfuge alone. You'd actually have to pop your head over the cubicle and if you've gone in there dressed like Mrs. Doubtfire, there's every chance your wig will fall off. Personally, I think if you've gone to the effort of buying and wearing dresses, make-up, wigs etc., all so you can sneak into the women's bogs then quite frankly you deserve to see a bit of gash.

So when the vast majority of the parents of these kids object to the message being given, they should just be told to accept it and shut up?

When that message is already in the National Curriculum - yes.

When that message is accepted by wider society already - yes.

When that message is about tolerance and acceptance for differences - yes.

When that message protects young vulnerable minority people - yes.

When that message literally saves lives - yes.

Yeah i do, 2 step children from a 7 year relationship that i try to keep in touch with.

And i have a boy and girl who are 6 and 4.

why you ask?
I’m surprised you wouldn’t want a 10 year old to be taught about sex. My daughter is now In year five and I’ve already told her everything about the birds and the bees due to her inquiring mind. What’s so bad about them being told by teachers?

I'm against telling a child younger than that in say Year 6/7.
The problem with that approach is they'll end up hearing about sex first from their school mates, before parents/teachers can get the early message across. And going back to the original topic, these lessons were not about teaching kids about gay sex, it was about teaching them inclusivity, that it's okay to be gay etc. And when it comes to the parents, quite frankly if they don't think it's okay to be gay, and they are not happy for the tax-payer funded school their children are attending to teach tolerance towards all different sexualities (as well as race, religion, gender etc), they maybe they should fuck off to some backwards country which will share their views.

I don't think sex education should be taught to children at all until minimum Year 6 and above.

Whether that's same sex couples, etc etc.

Certainly not homophobic if that's what you are suggesting
It's not sex education, though. As others have said, introducing children to same-sex couples is no different to talking to them beanpole families or single-parent families.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.