Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's really interesting that Klopp wanted Werner and Thiago. Adding those 2 in makes them much more conventional and really changes the shape they'd play in.

Their normal shape is almost a 334 with Fabinho in between the CB's, Firmino in midfield, Salah and Mane through the middle as strikers, and the fullbacks playing as wingers.

You can't do that with Werner and Thiago - Werner can't play in midfield like Firmino and Thiago isn't going to delegate the creativity to Robertson and Alexander-Arnold. I wonder if Klopp's looking to change things fairly significantly going forwards.

Anyway he's a world class player, shame he went to them.

Even Klopp is constantly thinking of tweaking his system. They aren't the same side heavily reliant on gegenpress as they were even two seasons ago. You really think Thiago will lead the press? He's being brought in for a different option that allows more control and not having to rely on 3 midfielders running at opposition to recover ball. Makes a lot of sense for Klopp and Liverpool to get his signature. He doesn't belong anywhere else in Prem. Also it would be interesting how he tackles physicality and pace of this league. One off games are okay but a full season is the only true test in Prem. Not a lot can pass it.

Excellent at what? Passing the ball sideways at snails pace? Jogging slowly to get back into position? Making defensive mistakes?

Without Dinho playing there we've got no world class quality. This is a signing we should've absolutely jumped all over, but have barely seems to touch.
German manager sells player to other German manager and ex bayern boss doesn’t come into the equation unfortunately.
Pretty straightforward if you ask me, do you not think Bernardo, foden, kdb, Rodri, gundog will do a similar if not better job?

I think it's really interesting that Klopp wanted Werner and Thiago. Adding those 2 in makes them much more conventional and really changes the shape they'd play in.

Their normal shape is almost a 334 with Fabinho in between the CB's, Firmino in midfield, Salah and Mane through the middle as strikers, and the fullbacks playing as wingers.

You can't do that with Werner and Thiago - Werner can't play in midfield like Firmino and Thiago isn't going to delegate the creativity to Robertson and Alexander-Arnold. I wonder if Klopp's looking to change things fairly significantly going forwards.

Anyway he's a world class player, shame he went to them.

Was thinking along the same lines, Klopp has to adapt to accommodate Thiago, hopefully it fucks them up.

You're delusional. Our problems start and end in the midfield. What you're seeing are merely symptoms of a problem, not the problem itself.
We will have legs in midfield and Gündogan won't play 38 games. Lesser issue as of now. Fernandinho I'm sure will be an option in there as well. I would accept that Rodri has sort of bought an imbalance to the midfield in terms of legs, but Gündogan is far from the problem.

German manager sells player to other German manager and ex bayern boss doesn’t come into the equation unfortunately.
Pretty straightforward if you ask me, do you not think Bernardo, foden, kdb, Rodri, gundog will do a similar if not better job?

Bernardo, Foden, and KDB are different players who play different positions. They are quality, but shouldn't be compared to Thiago, or Rodri and Gundogan.

Thiago is vastly superior to Rodri at his current level and Gundogan. I had high hopes for Rodri but he's struggling with the pace and mobility required for the role, and Gundogan just flat out sucks. He's a player who's not particularly good at any facet of the game and I'm bewildered as to how a certain sect of fans still argue to the contrary.

Thiago is a number 6, a deep lying playmaker. He doesn't fit our needs at all. He doesn't have enough legs or stamina unless a Fernandinho plays alongside him, even at Bayern it had to be Javi Martinez, Kimmich, and more recently Goretzka to support him. He's not quite the wonder boy to do it all himself, you can acknowledge quality and still realise he's not what we specifically need. As I said, makes more sense for Liverpool

No chance. Gundogan can't run to save himself anymore and wouldn't last two seconds in that Liverpool midfield press.

The evidence is before you guys. Don't know why you're trying to fool everyone by saying it isn't.
Is this the same Gundogan that played at the base of our midfield when we won 14 games in a row to seal the title ?

difference then is we had Vinny and Laporte mopping up everything so ilkay was able to control our tempo and recycle possession

we will see the same next season if we get our centre back pairing right , Rodri will be the beneficiary then or Gundogan again if he has to deputise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.