Third party ticket sites and City - (Update 03/07/24)

There isn’t any doubt mate. Obviously not with the specific ticket in question. But in general.

There is a handy direct link on the official City website which will take you directly to a third party ticket agency, who’ll be glad to sell you tickets to any sold out game you like at the Etihad. Provided you buy an overpriced hotel room for the night with it.

There’s only one place those tickets have come from. Their “official partner.”

Don't think I would make a statement like that. City's lawyers are the best in the land.

We’re talking about buying tickets here.

Would you be happy with the seat next to you at the derby being taken by someone with no history whatsoever of ever buying a City ticket but is sold one on his word that he’s a proper blue?
There would have been a match where you and I would have had no purchase history.

Don't think I would make a statement like that. City's lawyers are the best in the land.
He doesn't seem to understand the concept of an ".official partner" who City have a contractual agreement with, and which requires them to supply tickets. I've met people who've spent well into four figures to get to a game from another continent. I'd much rather they get their ticket from an official source than line the pocket of a tout.

Unfortunately, there's more people, and those people want reflected glory so City will cash in on that. This is the price of success we all deep down knew was going to happen, plenty of United mates told me of their ticket woes in the late 90's early 2000's.

He doesn't seem to understand the concept of an ".official partner" who City have a contractual agreement with, and which requires them to supply tickets. I've met people who've spent well into four figures to get to a game from another continent. I'd much rather they get their ticket from an official source than line the pocket of a tout.

I’m not sure why you’re so insistent that I don’t understand the concept of an ‘official partner?’

My original point in this conversation was to the guy you just quoted who was urging someone to report the fact a ticket returned on the exchange was being sold for over face value. I pointed out that City would already be well aware of that because they will have almost certainly supplied the ticket to the third party themselves.

Not sure how you got from that point to me not understanding how an official partner works? It’s literally me giving an example of such an arrangement.

It's utterly deplorable that City refuse to share the away allocation. But I think we really need to all understand that the day's when this club gave a fuck about oridinary fans have long gone. They don't give a flying fuck. Wether that's tourists/away fans buying seats at the Etihad or the massive growth of tourists at away games (esp in London). Time to wake up.
Well said and following my experience at young boys away I was astounded by the numbers of foreign nationals/tourists who had sourced tickets at bonkers prices. I had lads from Zurich, Italy, Chinese and Germans around me. Result, atmosphere shite because these guys didn’t know the words to any of our songs. It was frankly embarrassing. The club clearly aren’t arsed about the fans that backed them over 40 years of crap.

Liverpool is no different. I was off to Yorkshire one Saturday and they were home. The cafe I ate breakfast in was busy with their fans yet not one Scouse accent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.