Third party ticket sites and City - (Update 03/07/24)

Just had this come up on my social media.

View attachment 124113
Just noticed City are warning people not to buy from anywhere but City themselves and this seems to be a PL initiative (I found this list by following the links from the City website - TicketGum are just a scam it seems, like most are).

Just noticed City are warning people not to buy from anywhere but City themselves and this seems to be a PL initiative (I found this list by following the links from the City website - TicketGum are just a scam it seems, like most are).

"tickets should only be purchased directly through Manchester City or official, authorised resellers."

But a season ticket for a big game or any game listed on the exchange should in my opinion be listed on the exchange for a blue with the required criteria for that game to buy.

The problem is that touts and agencies have multiple memberships to hoover up tickets on the exchange to then resell at inflated prices. I've put tickets on the exchange and found they are taken by someone who paid £200 for them, or in several cases, the seat remained empty. This suggests an agency without an actual buyer bought them on spec.

Also, to pick up on another point, I presume the club would want packages for the home games to be sold, I cannot for the life of me understand how agencies/touts get tickets for our away matches from the club. We see people at every single away game who have clearly never been before - astonishing how the scarce away tickets seem to get hoovered up as well.

So the guy on here yesterday who has purchased a membership for the first time for him and his son and was asking about his chances of getting a charity shield ticket having never bought one before isn't in your opinion?
You are arguing for the sake of it Uwe. I meant in relation to getting tickets, not just who is a city fan. A bloke i work with calls himself a rag. Went to his first ever game last season, he is late 20's. He now says "that's it, i've been and done it, will watch on tv now, don't need to go again". If that ticket had been for a game where regulars were struggling to get one, they would be well pissed off. Anyone can start slow and build up a history with games that are not sold out.

The problem is that touts and agencies have multiple memberships to hoover up tickets on the exchange to then resell at inflated prices. I've put tickets on the exchange and found they are taken by someone who paid £200 for them, or in several cases, the seat remained empty. This suggests an agency without an actual buyer bought them on spec.

Also, to pick up on another point, I presume the club would want packages for the home games to be sold, I cannot for the life of me understand how agencies/touts get tickets for our away matches from the club. We see people at every single away game who have clearly never been before - astonishing how the scarce away tickets seem to get hoovered up as well.
Exactly. Now there is an incentive to buy tickets for resale due to demand outstripping supply, touts will be competing hard for these tickets. The temptation is there for season ticket holders to cash in too if they can sell their ticket for a big game for big money. Will be interesting to see if the increased capacity has any affect once the north stand is completed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.