Third party ticket sites and City - (Update 03/07/24)

Getting the money back for the ticket is not the issue. Flogging it on to an agency who then charge someone £200 for the same ticket is. They should go back on to the ticket exchange so proper blues have a chance of getting them and not some overseas tourist who’s never been to a game of football in their life before.
When I was on City Matters, we discussed the Thomas Cook flights to European away games, which weren't going out full and the club had to make up the money from the unsold seats.

It turned out that there were commercial arrangements that constrained or wouldn't allow some of the solutions we proposed. So in the end we agreed that anyone who. booked the flights and was in the CL scheme would get a ticket, whether they qualified on points or not. We got pelters on here and on social media for that but it was the only practical solution, and meant about 50 tickets at most would go to people who might not have qualified. That was the price that had to be paid though to send the flights out full. In the end it didn't matter as TC went belly up.

The point is that the club may well have contractual obligations to give a certain amount of tickets to Sportsworld. And if there's a ticket they know they can sell via
Sportsworld, because they have someone waiting for it, then that's a bird in the hand compared to putting it on the exchange with the risk it won't sell.

Reactions: PPT
When I was on City Matters, we discussed the Thomas Cook flights to European away games, which weren't going out full and the club had to make up the money from the unsold seats.

It turned out that there were commercial arrangements that constrained or wouldn't allow some of the solutions we proposed. So in the end we agreed that anyone who. booked the flights and was in the CL scheme would get a ticket, whether they qualified on points or not. We got pelters on here and on social media for that but it was the only practical solution, and meant about 50 tickets at most would go to people who might not have qualified. That was the price that had to be paid though to send the flights out full. In the end it didn't matter as TC went belly up.

The point is that the club may well have contractual obligations to give a certain amount of tickets to Sportsworld. And if there's a ticket they know they can sell via
Sportsworld, because they have someone waiting for it, then that's a bird in the hand compared to putting it on the exchange with the risk it won't sell.
The club could afford to charter an A380 for every single person flying to a European tie. One plane per person. First Class.

There's too many examples of blues listing their tickets for big games and finding out the clubs sold it on as a package at massively inflated prices to think it's anything but City profiteering, I've no problem with City selling seats with an added meal or pie or parking etc.

But a season ticket for a big game or any game listed on the exchange should in my opinion be listed on the exchange for a blue with the required criteria for that game to buy.

Thats nothing to do with disagreeing with City having an alternative source of increasing revenue, it's everything to do with thinking the club should be transparent and fair with those who want to be buy exchange listed tickets at face value.

Someone with previous history of purchasing a ticket would be a start.
So the guy on here yesterday who has purchased a membership for the first time for him and his son and was asking about his chances of getting a charity shield ticket having never bought one before isn't in your opinion?

Someone with previous history of purchasing a ticket would be a start.
What if an individual has been a City fan all their lives, and I'll add is from Manchester, but because of whatever financial reasons couldn't ever afford to attend a match? They become better off financially, through a new job or inheritance or whatever and can now afford to attend the odd match.

By your definition, they aren't a "proper" Blue. Sad.

What if an individual has been a City fan all their lives, and I'll add is from Manchester, but because of whatever financial reasons couldn't ever afford to attend a match? They become better off financially, through a new job or inheritance or whatever and can now afford to attend the odd match.

By your definition, they aren't a "proper" Blue. Sad.

We’re talking about buying tickets here.

Would you be happy with the seat next to you at the derby being taken by someone with no history whatsoever of ever buying a City ticket but is sold one on his word that he’s a proper blue?

It’s not hard to get on the ladder. There’s only a handful of games where purchase history is required.

If you’ve waited all your life to go to any game, I’m sure you can wait one more to go to the bigger games, while you build up a bit of purchase history.

We’re talking about buying tickets here.

Would you be happy with the seat next to you at the derby being taken by someone with no history whatsoever of ever buying a City ticket but is sold one on his word that he’s a proper blue?

It’s not hard to get on the ladder. There’s only a handful of games where purchase history is required.

If you’ve waited all your life to go to any game, I’m sure you can wait one more to go to the bigger games, while you build up a bit of purchase history.
I would not be happy, no. My apologies. I admit I didn't completely read back to see what the poster I responded to was addressing. Thank you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.