This has done monumental damage hasn't it

We need some trophies to attract players imho.
It is the first season we have that amount of money, we can't buy them all in the first season. I mean how do you want to top a Kaká? With Messi?

I think you've overreacted a tiny bit. It's not the most embarrassing thing we've had to endure as City fans. We lost 3-0 to Forrest the other week, thats more embarrassing than not quite signing the best player in the world.

I hope you're all right guys. I am just so gutted. Out of all the big name players I really really wished we might sign, it was him I wanted most. And I was positive it was going to happen. I am so pissed off words fail me.

Still, onwards and upwards. (Been saying that for quite a while now.)

i don't think it's done any harm at all! its shown the world we mean business and given us major publicity! our aimswont havechangedwewill just move onto plan b

Everybody has heard of us now, more reasons will come out.

I believe the O/S, and honestly believe we will push on from here.

We will get a few more in, squad will be stronger.

Only want players who want to come though.

Chippy_boy said:
1. We look like fooking idiots again
2. People will say "City are so shite that not even £100m and £500k per week would make anyone play for them". Or words to that effect.
3. Other decent players will be put off.
4. Worst of all, WE might not want to make such a generous bid ever again.

It's not a complete and total disaster (close) but not signing Kaka, compared to signing him, puts us back 2 years in my view. Had we signed him, everything would have started to fall into place. Others would have surely following easily and willingly. Now we are not back to square 1, it's square minus 1. Square 1 would have been had we not bothered bidding. But we have gone publicly balls out for it... and lost. This is a sad sad day indeed.

I am just so desperate to see us win something before I die. I hope it won't be too late.

Yep. This is true. And it had to happen on the night the rags effectively go three points clear, ffs.

They are trying for 'superstars' on the back of landing Robinho but, in all honesty, I think it was too much too soon....especially trying to get him in the Jan transfer window when we're 4 points off the bottom of the league. Might have had a bit more of a chance in the summer.

I hope the rest of Jan's targets are a bit more realistic now....I'd be happy with a couple more players of De Jong's quality right now.

mcfc1996 said:
Chippy_boy said:
1. We look like fooking idiots again
2. People will say "City are so shite that not even £100m and £500k per week would make anyone play for them". Or words to that effect.
3. Other decent players will be put off.
4. Worst of all, WE might not want to make such a generous bid ever again.

It's not a complete and total disaster (close) but not signing Kaka, compared to signing him, puts us back 2 years in my view. Had we signed him, everything would have started to fall into place. Others would have surely following easily and willingly. Now we are not back to square 1, it's square minus 1. Square 1 would have been had we not bothered bidding. But we have gone publicly balls out for it... and lost. This is a sad sad day indeed.

I am just so desperate to see us win something before I die. I hope it won't be too late.

Sorry mate but I think that is a load of bollocks. It's shown to everyone else that we are really making an effort to build a quality side. I believe the statement on the OS and I'm glad we pulled out if that's the case rather than sign him out of desperation and get shafted.

^^^
THIS.

Nobody can blame you for feeling despondent just now, BUT this is just one of the twists and turns.

We are in an unprecedented period for our club - and the future is still VERY bright.

Who do we look like fools too, exactly?

Chelsea? Who have thrown away the league and lost the plot? Most likely outcome for them.
Liverpool? See above.
Arsenal? who are about to lose their CL place?
Rags? Who will have their fans protesting outside Old Trafford on a summers night when Ronaldo is packing his bags for Spain?

I'm fucking chuffed we got this far.

I agree with most. I'm gutted, but don't think it'll seriously harm us. People are talking about us, we're known now all around the world, even if he didn't sign! I do think we possibly need to try and get more out there though as if we leave it to the Milan PR machine and SSN (scum) we'll get nothing but bad press. Perhaps we should spin it that in the interests of the game and world economy we decided to not take our interest further. Gary Cook can be interviewed on Sky tomorrow with a 'We saved football' tshirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.