This should be the new club badge (merged)

Re: This should be the new club badge

is this the dragon you have on your badge?

dragon.gif

blucat599 said:
That's what Im saying magician, it's a modern take on the first club badge worn on the shirts from 71-72.
(I do not mean the City of Manchester crest that the club wore in the cup finals, I mean the 1st club crest!)

Exactly. The 'Manchester City FC' text is exactly the same as it was on both circular club badges in the past, and the boat and stripes design is far more relevant today than the lancashire rose concept.

I'm not saying they should use this exact piece, but the concept of this badge is exactly what the club should look at if they ever think about changing the badge design in the future.

Some people are thinking too basically about this, like 'I don't like the colour', 'I don't like the shape around the circle' etc.

Not read all the posts on this soz. But the original badge used on the shirt in the seventies can't be copyrighted, it's owned by someone else. I think Franny lee??.

Anyway, the marketing people decided they're not gonna make any dosh from that, so they designed a new badge with the pheonix?? on. The stars are for decoration only and mean nothing.

Even though I'm a 70's kid. I like the new badge, though I don't like the stars meself.

I like it. The owners want to gain fans in the Middle East though, maybe they'll stick with the Manchester eagle/whatever bird it is because it looks happily similar to the UAE national emblem.

A combination of the old and new, I like. Tbf I think the ship looks tacky, and should be like it is on the current badge, apart from that, give it a modernised look and it should look awesome on a new strip

bluegonads said:
i would have liked the old red rose on there again.
that said, i think the proposed badge is better than the current one.

The red rose was to signify Lancashire, Lancaster in fact! dating back to the war of the roses which wasn't between Lancashire/Yorkshire like many people think, it was between a family/group of people from Lancaster and a family/group of people from York! over time it was thought of a wider dispute than just between small groups from two towns!

Manchester was once in Lancashire but is no longer! Lancastians are different to Mancunians! they have a totally different accent and they are not city-folk, more like Yonners from small towns or country-folk; which is why I wouldn't like to see a return to the rose!

blueinbolton77 said:
Not read all the posts on this soz. But the original badge used on the shirt in the seventies can't be copyrighted, it's owned by someone else. I think Franny lee??.

Anyway, the marketing people decided they're not gonna make any dosh from that, so they designed a new badge with the pheonix?? on. The stars are for decoration only and mean nothing.

Even though I'm a 70's kid. I like the new badge, though I don't like the stars meself.

Have a look at FC United of Manchester's crest! it is exactly that crest that we had with different words, if they have that surely nobody has the rights to it!

S.E.H said:
A combination of the old and new, I like. Tbf I think the ship looks tacky, and should be like it is on the current badge, apart from that, give it a modernised look and it should look awesome on a new strip

Like this?

28uuy9.jpg

I love that badge!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.