This should be the new club badge (merged)

Re: This should be the new club badge

looks like a kid from kindgarten was scribbling

nijinskybell said:
TheMagician said:
A picture of the Manchester City emblem which has been appearing on new items in the club store. The design is absolutely spot on in my opinion.

picture164q.jpg

Only my opinion, of course, but that is really cheap and tacky looking.

I like the old, round badge and I don't mind the new badge apart from the stars (add those as we earn them).

haha it looks cheap as fuck that

prefer the old round one not some squigly one that my 8 year old brother would have done in his art lesson

it looks like a cheap knock off of the old badge, even the 3 rivers are not central. The old was the best but the new makes a better tattoo!

I dont think we'll have to worry about the squigle around the outside, thats just for design on the clothing probably, the badge itself looks class to me

Immaculate Pasta said:
S.E.H said:
A combination of the old and new, I like. Tbf I think the ship looks tacky, and should be like it is on the current badge, apart from that, give it a modernised look and it should look awesome on a new strip

Like this?

28uuy9.jpg

I love that badge!!

Not bad but still needs a dragon!

blueinbolton77 said:
Not read all the posts on this soz. But the original badge used on the shirt in the seventies can't be copyrighted, it's owned by someone else. I think Franny lee??.

Anyway, the marketing people decided they're not gonna make any dosh from that, so they designed a new badge with the pheonix?? on. The stars are for decoration only and mean nothing.

Even though I'm a 70's kid. I like the new badge, though I don't like the stars meself.

Nobody has the rights to the old badge... Eddie Phillips had the rights to the badge with the rose, but I understand it is now back in the hands of city..

Dubai Blue said:
mick hunt said:
I always thought that the ship represented the Manchester Ship canal and the three bars was the three counties around Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and Yorkshire. Manchester having three ship canals is a new one on me.

It's neither. They represent Manchester's 3 rivers; Irwell, Medlock, and Irk

The ship represents Manchester's trading links with the world and the Eagle is on the Manchester Council coat of arms, that's why it was incorporated into our current club emblem.
Let's face it, the Eagle, stars and latin on our badge shouldn't be there, as they all look crap. I'd be more than happy with just the middle bit, or, a shield style badge with a huge fuck off oil well in the middle or maybe a supertanker.

picture164q.jpg

Look at the sails on the ship. How can the wind be blowing in two directions at the same time?

picture164q.jpg

As ive said before, its ultimately a combination of old and new, the top half of the inside is from the old badge, and the bottom half is from the current badge, while the outerline is a modernised version of the old crest, I like it personally, no doubt it will look better on a kit, as official merchandise shirts that have the crest are often of little quality compared to the actual replica kits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.