This transfer window/Marwood

Johnny_on said:
samharris said:
Oh god...we are turning into Rags.

Honestly never thought i'd see city fans become everything we stood against for decades... Its here and we've become them.. Entitled, spoilt brats....

This club is about more, our current players deserve more respect as do our current management. ALL of them.

The people who brought us the first title in so many years, then after one transfer window getting so much shit, its embarrassing.

Our team with no more ins and no more outs will be first or second in the premier league this year. Also will make it past the group stages and be a challenger for the Champions League.

Gerry Creaney anyone? Jesus...
:)

creaneysboss said:
Johnny_on said:
samharris said:

Honestly never thought i'd see city fans become everything we stood against for decades... Its here and we've become them.. Entitled, spoilt brats....

This club is about more, our current players deserve more respect as do our current management. ALL of them.

The people who brought us the first title in so many years, then after one transfer window getting so much shit, its embarrassing.

Our team with no more ins and no more outs will be first or second in the premier league this year. Also will make it past the group stages and be a challenger for the Champions League.

:)

Sorry fella didnt mean any disrespect :-)

taconinja said:
Fans are fans. That's the long and short of it. The whole "band of brothers" thing when you have little hope of winning year after year? A coping mechanism. That isn't a condemnation either. It's simple human nature.

It isn't "raggish" to hold a team with championship prospects to a high standard. Some people use faulty criteria to judge whether the club's standard is being met or not. That's true. But expecting to win when you're one of the best teams in the league isn't "raggish."

But expecting to win when you're one of the best teams in the league isn't "raggish."[/quote]

Oh my bad...I thought expecting to win was arrogant.

Plain Speaking said:
Johnny_on said:
samharris said:

There are always different ways of looking at things.
Expressing concern we do not appear to have strengthened yet is not IMO "becoming spoilt brats," or disrespecting our players and management.

This is a fans forums and if fans have concerns they should be allowed to express them equally.

Hopefully we will strengthen in the coming week, after decades of living under the shadow of the other half, it would be a shame to only have a single season in the sun!
+1

Plain Speaking said:
Johnny_on said:
samharris said:

There are always different ways of looking at things.
Expressing concern we do not appear to have strengthened yet is not IMO "becoming spoilt brats," or disrespecting our players and management.

This is a fans forums and if fans have concerns they should be allowed to express them equally.

Hopefully we will strengthen in the coming week, after decades of living under the shadow of the other half, it would be a shame to only have a single season in the sun!

I'd agree if people were 'expressing concerns' but without trawling all the ridiculous posts i'll just stick to one..

"We must at this point probably have the worst negotiating team possible in the league."

Really?

"And dont give me this were champions blahblahblah bullcrap. Its a small club mentality. "

"United have bought the best striker and attacking midfielder from their respective leagues"

I want what that kid has......

"and why on gods name are we being linked with players such as sinclair,maicon etc? wtf?are we a mid table team now?"

If they arent good on Fifa i dont want them, even if the manger (who won us the premier league) does

"HE brought in silva,tevez,yaya etc"

Finally!!! good players on Fifa

I got bored finding more........ Expressing concerns or Entitled????

samharris said:
taconinja said:
Fans are fans. That's the long and short of it. The whole "band of brothers" thing when you have little hope of winning year after year? A coping mechanism. That isn't a condemnation either. It's simple human nature.

It isn't "raggish" to hold a team with championship prospects to a high standard. Some people use faulty criteria to judge whether the club's standard is being met or not. That's true. But expecting to win when you're one of the best teams in the league isn't "raggish."

Oh my bad...I thought expecting to win was arrogant.

It isn't. It depends. Expecting to beat... say... Wigan isn't out of line for expectations. What that doesn't mean is prima facie assumption is the correct manner in which fans should proceed. Expect to beat Wigan... but don't be surprised if it's Wigan's day.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Del_Bosque said:
Whatever anyone argue our strategy has been all wrong.

Waiting to shift the dead wood has made us miss out on our first choices, and means we'll over pay for worse quality players in the last week of the window
Yep. You're right.
Sack the board. Fuckin clueless cants whatever are they thinking.

He has a point, you know. Overpaying for second or third choice players due to panic because the transfer window is about to close, would only result in Adebayor-type situations in the future..

sincity said:
He has a point, you know. Overpaying for second or third choice players due to panic because the transfer window is about to close, would only result in Adebayor-type situations in the future..
Buying your replacements before you offload the players you want rid of will result in Adebayor-type situations too.

SalfordCityBlue said:
taconinja said:
As for carnage... no, that will happen if we don't win the league. Then I think people will go nuts after the fact including some that keep preaching patience.

Has it really reached the point already where we have to win the league every year or people are going to freak out?

No, but if we don't because injuries effect us areas that everyman and his dog identified as those we need to strengthen, they will have a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.