Those of you who left early

Santiago Street . said:
ban-mcfc said:
Santiago Street . said:
Staying to the end does not make you a better fan than someone who leaves early.

Believing that it does makes you a knobhead.

trying to cheer the boys on during a massive game when we are 1-1 and deciding to go home ?

to me that makes you useless if you're not there.

What about the old bloke who's been going to Maine Road for 50 years and sits there in total silence every game, is he useless too ?

Or the gang of boisterous young men who miss the first few minutes as they're finishing off their pints at the bar.

Or the bloke who pops out for a piss 2 or 3 times in every match and misses a few minutes that way.

3 times a match? Does he spend the other 80 minutes staring down a flask as he drinks litres and litres of water?

lock the fecking gates until the final whistle, thats what I say

Santiago Street . said:
ban-mcfc said:
Santiago Street . said:
Staying to the end does not make you a better fan than someone who leaves early.

Believing that it does makes you a knobhead.

trying to cheer the boys on during a massive game when we are 1-1 and deciding to go home ?

to me that makes you useless if you're not there.

What about the old bloke who's been going to Maine Road for 50 years and sits there in total silence every game, is he useless too ?

Or the gang of boisterous young men who miss the first few minutes as they're finishing off their pints at the bar.

Or the bloke who pops out for a piss 2 or 3 times in every match and misses a few minutes that way.

if he's there then at least he's not adding to the empty seats, god knows what the players think when they see thousands walking out with mins to play.

and the odd person finishing their pint isn't really a problem most are back before the 2nd half, like i've said i'm not ordering people to do what they don't want to, just saying if you leave early then you're not helping.

There is a light said:
jimharri said:
Possibly they had valid reasons for leaving early (and not just beating the traffic). If i was in a position to be there (check my location as to why I wasn't) I would stay to the end, and I do find it hard to understand the logic behind the early departure. But; each to their own I suppose.

There you go then, we almost agree.

I say almost because you find it hard to understand people leaving, I find it completely insane! Pay 25 quid and miss a climax like that in a must win Champions League match. It's barmy, whatever the circumstances!

We will score more late goals as well IMO as we get better and learn to keep our heads under pressure, so it is the early leavers who will lose out more and more.

And so what !!
Not your fucking problem but theirs.

I don't see the problem.

Those that left missed the goal, that's their choice. I don't understand it myself but people should be free to choose on matters like this.

The fact that those who stayed saw the goal and got to go mental is reward enough for me.

Although, as I've said, it is a bit annoying that some people have to miss parts of the game as everyone in front of them has decided to go home early.

doesn't bother me who leaves and when.

i know i'll be there to see it, whether i'm the only person left or even in my stand. or there's 20,000 remaining.

i'll be there.

them that do miss it, i'll let them worry about it.

i was at work and i just saw agueros goal and sky sports and it did look pretty poor with all the empty seats.

i cant understand why people leave early , if i pay nearly £40 for a seat , i want my monies worth , i stay to the end and always applaud our lads off the pitch. Even when we were dog shit in the 3rd tier , myself and my 2 sons stayed to the end , in the vain hope that the team appreciates our support. Maybe if we are a couple of goals clear i can understand a few leaving , but a mass exodus in a champs league game with the game poised at 1-1 , is just baffling , and must be dis-heartening for the team , rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.