Those three goals…

There is a Villa chap that did quite good coverage of it.

Enjoyed that, until the final whistle when a plethora of fucking moron city fans were stood in front of the villa fans recording themselves being fucking morons.

Win the league and your reaction is to get your phone out and record yourself giving a bit to the opposition fans. I cannot fathom.

Great vid though!

Brilliant isn’t it?

To be fair, the Arabic commentators aren’t far off being like that for a 0-0 between Everton and Southampton haha.

I’ve watched a few Prem games with Portuguese comms and it sounds like they’ve got a bottle of wine and a few cigars out and are sat back watching it. There can be two minutes go by sometimes and nobody’s said anything, laidback isn’t the word and the total opposite to the Arabic comms.

But even then, Tyler doesn’t get excited for our goals.
The old school commentators often said that the less you spout the better. Nowadays everybody has to say something. Doesn't seem to matter how fatuous it is as long as yer get summat out. One of the worst aspects of televised sport. And just why do we need a summariser. I know what I've seen, and if I looked away the commentator can keep me informed. And then post-match, any Tom, Dick or Harriet who has ever donned a Rag, Dipper or Arse shirt (note the colour!) has to rake over the entire game for a particular vacuous point they feel needs to be in the public domain. I watch televised sport the second it kicks off. I can fully exist without the verbiage the broadcasting companies think I'm waiting for!

The old school commentators often said that the less you spout the better. Nowadays everybody has to say something. Doesn't seem to matter how fatuous it is as long as yer get summat out. One of the worst aspects of televised sport. And just why do we need a summariser. I know what I've seen, and if I looked away the commentator can keep me informed. And then post-match, any Tom, Dick or Harriet who has ever donned a Rag, Dipper or Arse shirt (note the colour!) has to rake over the entire game for a particular vacuous point they feel needs to be in the public domain. I watch televised sport the second it kicks off. I can fully exist without the verbiage the broadcasting companies think I'm waiting for!
Yep and it’s even gone to the absurd level of often having two co commentators now.

A few months ago in the run up to Peterbro away somebody posted a vid of MOTD highlights of our 81 game against them, it was roughly 15mins of footage with just the one commentator expertly guiding us through the action with the occasional lengthy pause when nothing needed saying - utter bliss

Amazon is great for watching games as you can sack the commentary off. And it’s MILES better without it! You don’t half notice a positive difference without them prattling on all the time.

Enjoyed that, until the final whistle when a plethora of fucking moron city fans were stood in front of the villa fans recording themselves being fucking morons.

Win the league and your reaction is to get your phone out and record yourself giving a bit to the opposition fans. I cannot fathom.

Great vid though!
There seems to be a large number of fans (not just ours) who see themselves as a tough guy. Those same tough guys would take off like Usain Bolt if an opposition fan called them out. It's pitiful watching them. Me? I couldn't fight a kitten, let alone some big fucker who supports a different team. I know my limitations.

Amazon is great for watching games as you can sack the commentary off. And it’s MILES better without it! You don’t half notice a positive difference without them prattling on all the time.
Yeah, so much better. Some of the other broadcasters gave the option some time ago but then withdrew it. I suppose they realised that they were paying for some knob and no one was listening - we'd all chosen the crowd noise!

Just watched that now! Was wondering to myself what else is ‘up there’ and it popped in my head. What a moment! Loved that season so much.
A few more random beauts to gape at:
Leroy's winner against Scousers
Sterlings 5th vs. Newcastle last year
Sterling from KDB 2nd goal vs Stoke 2018
45 pass goal vs Scum 2020(?)
Negredo' 5th vs Spurs 2013
kDB winner at Chelsea 2017

It was weird actually being at the game, the similarities to the QPR game were acute. Playing poorly, letting two soft goals in and looking like we'd never score, to a dramatic turnaround in just over five minutes. Once Gundo scored the first the whole place and team visibly lifted and Villa started to wilt. Once the second hit the back of the net it was bedlam and I think everyone knew we'd win it from there. One thing I noticed on watching it back is either just after we'd equalised, or scored the third, Zinchenko almost went from hero to zero in a minute as he mishit a back pass that was nearly intercepted.

Although these sort of games are great when you actually win them for once I'd love us to go 4-0 up in 20 minutes and spend the rest of the game celebrating.
It was at 2-2. Ederson fortunately was out quickly and booted the ball into outer space

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.