Those who think there's no agenda need to read this...

Toon Exile said:
RACHACE said:
danburge82 said:
The thing is, referees do not tie our lads boot laces together or pull their shorts down as they're about to shoot.
Apart from at Everton Swansea and Stoke we have had the chances to have won every single other game (some by quite a margin), yet WE have missed the chances (some absolute sitters). If we had taken our chances we would currently have 84 points. Regardless of ANYTHING you can point at, we would have 84 points had we taken the chances that we actually created.

Referees barely influence games. Yes one decision can change a game frbutchers it just stood, but one decision is made in a second and there are 5399 other seconds in a game to do your own thing. In the three games I listed above, our own things we did were not of a high enough standard and we deserved nothing. However in games at Liverpool Chelsea WestBrom Sunderland(away) and Sunderland(home) we had the chances to win the games comfortably - yet, we didn't win them as we didn't take our chances.

Tgere are other reasons we're not top:
I think that, as a squad, we are behind United. When key individuals are missing for us, we are not the same side; at United you don't notice who is missing when players are out because it is a seemless transition.

I think that fat scar necked ****, Tevez, is way way WAY ahead of all the referee decisions that have gone against us, put together, as a reason why we're not top.

I also think their experience in the team and manager of winning the Premier League is a reason why we're not top.

I do think they get decisions that other clubs don't get. But I also see Wigan in Rugby League and Leicester in rugby yawnion, I look at some things that have gone on in motor sports to favour the big boys, I look at the way football clubs are allowed to run on the losess they do and get away with fucking unbelievable stuff yet smaller sports get hammered by banks and the Inland Revenue, etc...

When you're a top dog you get away with more, it's a fact of life. We are far from being a top dog. We've finished in the top three once under Sheikh Mansour, we're still the track suit family who won the lottery, we're nobodies in the eyes of the establishment. To them we're no bigger than Swansea City are to us. As bad as that sounds, it's true. Swansea have been out of the top league for decades and have hardly ever been up their throughout their history. City has finished in the top three just five times since the war; we've challenged for the title just five times in our entire history before this season. To the likes of United Liverpool and Arsenal, that is proper small time, and it is to the eyes of the media and the governing body it will be the same.

However we are growing, we are not going away. We will establish ourselves as a top club and we will eventually be seen in a different light. The track suit family's kids who has grown up with money will be viewed as rich kids and not the track suit family who won the lottery. Eventually we will get decisions to our way that other clubs moan about. This isn't an agenda, it's just the way things are. Subconsciously officials will referee games with the top dogs differently to the way they would ref other teams. And it will happen for us in years to come.

Only just started to read this thread and on page 2 is the best post of the thread.

seconded

Tbh, Dan's always spoken the most sense on the matter.

The same person who hasn't responded since the Derry sending off which killed our title hopes entirely.

fatbloke said:
The same person who hasn't responded since the Derry sending off which killed our title hopes entirely.

Yep you have changed my mind, definately no one involved in Football wants us to win. Even our own players who have lost 5 and drawn 5 they dont want us to win, Mancini and the backroom are all against us. Berk

lets clear this up.
the refs are not biased, they are not incompetent, they are not scared of fergie.
they are cheats, pure and simple cheats.

quite who pays them and in what fashion will come out one day.

de niro said:
lets clear this up.
the refs are not biased, they are not incompetent, they are not scared of fergie.

In todays media frenzy, how would this be kept quiet out of interest?

fatbloke said:
The same person who hasn't responded since the Derry sending off which didn't kill our title hopes entirely, but certainly didn't help us.
<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:55 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
lets clear this up.

Tell me, is this ALL refs or a select few?

Or maybe the ref in question changes week on week?

Toon Exile said:
fatbloke said:

Yep you have changed my mind, definately no one involved in Football wants us to win. Even our own players who have lost 5 and drawn 5 they dont want us to win, Mancini and the backroom are all against us. Berk

You wouldn't say that to me or anyone else face to face mate, so keep the insults to yourself.

We have been poor lately, no one is discounting that from the argument. We have dropped points because of our own shite form in games, equally there is no denying we have been on the end of countless horrific decisions this season that have cost us even more valuable points in some of those games while our title rivals have had numerous helping hands in games when they haven't played so well and would have dropped points because of their own shite form. The one and only decision any doubter can point to is the Newcastle penalty at The Swamp as the basis for the argument, or an offside goal 3-4 years ago against Chelsea.

Now I'm not saying there is a definite agenda/corruption because there is no concrete proof, likewise you haven't got any concrete proof to completely deny it. The fact is you're not open to the possibility that it maybe happening, despite proof in Italy, Spain, Germany and even here in the past.

It's an extremely naive stance to completely deny anything without proof either way, especially in the light of what we have seen this season. Even genuine season ticket holding United fans are embarrassed to a certain extent at how they have won the league this year, they're not bothered as it's obviously gone in there favour but they openly admit they have there suspicions something isn't quite right.

de niro said:
lets clear this up.

100% agreed. I am convinced there is institutional corruption in our game from the top of Fifa, through UEFA, the FA and the rest of the infrastructure. I am not a conspiracy theorist normally, and I really do try to be objective. But when you see some of the refereeing decisions and decisions of the FA disciplinary panel, I can no longer accept that this is all down to "luck".

The red card for Shaun Derry. Which incidentally is not even overturned by the FA. This is the same FA who appealled Rooney's red card against Montenegro (for kicking a playing in full view of the ref and in front of millions).

There is an agenda. There's no escaping the fact.

Chippy_boy said:
de niro said:
lets clear this up.

100% agreed. I am convinced there is institutional corruption in our game from the top of Fifa, through UEFA, the FA and the rest of the infrastructure. I am not a conspiracy theorist normally, and I really do try to be objective. But when you see some of the refereeing decisions and decisions of the FA disciplinary panel, I can no longer accept that this is all down to "luck".

The red card for Shaun Derry. Which incidentally is not even overturned by the FA. This is the same FA who appealled Rooney's red card against Montenegro (for kicking a playing in full view of the ref and in front of millions).

if ever anyone wanted proof just look at young the diver at the week end, really is this a "one off" has it "evened itself out" no. one club gets all the decisions needed to keep them ahead.
if you wish take the dive away, hard to tell in real time (except he has form for it, a little like balo has for being nob)but the offside and the sending off was nothing short of cheating, ffs that lino had a clear and unobstructed view across the line.

de niro said:
Chippy_boy said:
de niro said:
lets clear this up.

if ever anyone wanted proof just look at young the diver at the week end, really is this a "one off" has it "evened itself out" no. one club gets all the decisions needed to keep them ahead.
if you wish take the dive away, hard to tell in real time (except he has form for it, a little like balo has for being nob)but the offside and the sending off was nothing short of cheating, ffs that lino had a clear and unobstructed view across the line.

The red card for Derry was shocking and even more so the refusal of the FA to overturn it. I know they have some 'reason' but it seems the 'magic circle' that runs the FA just do what they want and don't feel they are a responsibility to anyone.

Anyway Derry did make contact I can see why Young wasn't lambasted for diving although it was a massive dive IMHO. He's a better diver than Carrol though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.