Those who think there's no agenda need to read this...

rushts said:
Gerbil said:
mancunial said:
Young is speedily becoming a hated figure not just with city fans, if I was Shaun Derry I want to rip him half, would love the shitbag to get an injury before the euros

Classy!

He's not much liked by anyone these days but wishing an injury on someone is low.

Well i'm lower than a rats scrotum then, cos every time the filth play i want someone to snap Rodney in half.

Lol, and I was only saying to my dad today that I hoped ginger bollocks breaks his knee or something. How low can you go???

AqiQGk8CAAEIx_I.jpg

Blue Mooner said:
redmizzle said:
friend said:
This is the thread that keeps on giving.

It was a penalty. Young invites controversy by that stupid leg flick he does. Adam Johnson did something similar not long ago. Dzeko flung his whole body v Sunderland.

This must be some kind of sick joke.

Well I don't think I saw the Sunderland player literally try and get his leg out of the way like the Villa player.Dzeko made a meal of the foul but it was a foul.

I defy anyone, particularly a blue, to argue that Youngs was a penalty today, especially in light of the fact that he has proven 'form'

Well I'm not a blue but will argue that was a penalty today. I agree Young looked for the contact, then made an absolute meal of it when the contact was made, but still a pen for me.

The above comparison with Dzeko is a good one in my opinion. You state that you don't think you saw the Sunderland player trying to get out of the way yet I recall him nearly falling over in an attempt to withdraw his leg before it caught Dzeko. That's the thing with contentious decisions tho isn't it - our view of them will always be influenced by our own biases (consciously or not).

As regards Young's "proven form" for diving. Yes, I have seen him dive (or cheat) both in a Villa shirt and a Utd shirt. I also have no doubt that it will come back to haunt him one day as, despite what we all think at times, I'm sure no referee likes to feel he's been duped.

JM Mcr said:
Blue Mooner said:
redmizzle said:
This must be some kind of sick joke.

Well I don't think I saw the Sunderland player literally try and get his leg out of the way like the Villa player.Dzeko made a meal of the foul but it was a foul.

I defy anyone, particularly a blue, to argue that Youngs was a penalty today, especially in light of the fact that he has proven 'form'

Well I'm not a blue but will argue that was a penalty today. I agree Young looked for the contact, then made an absolute meal of it when the contact was made, but still a pen for me.

The above comparison with Dzeko is a good one in my opinion. You state that you don't think you saw the Sunderland player trying to get out of the way yet I recall him nearly falling over in an attempt to withdraw his leg before it caught Dzeko. That's the thing with contentious decisions tho isn't it - our view of them will always be influenced by our own biases (consciously or not).

As regards Young's "proven form" for diving. Yes, I have seen him dive (or cheat) both in a Villa shirt and a Utd shirt. I also have no doubt that it will come back to haunt him one day as, despite what we all think at times, I'm sure no referee likes to feel he's been duped.

the ref is in on it.

de niro said:
JM Mcr said:
Blue Mooner said:

the ref is in on it.[/quote]

In what way ??

Young's today was never a penalty - I watched the clip over and over, and although he tries his best with an outstretched leg, I still don't think there was contact - even if there was, it would have been a foul by Young who flicked HIS leg out at the defender who clearly moves his leg out of the way!

Blue Punter said:
Three questions for you Friend:-

1. Did you think Carrick's challenge on Murphy in the 89th minute against Fulham was a penalty?
2. Did you think the "challenge" by Derry on Young was a red card offence?
3. Did you see anything wrong with Wigan's goal that was disallowed on Wednesday night?

I'm not Friend, but hope you don't mind an opinion from another rag;

1. With the benefit of hindsight n tv replays, yes but in real time I honestly wasn't sure. A referee has to be 100% certain to award a penalty, he was looking at the Carrick/Murphy incident from behind so will have seen the ball move away in a direction that looked as if Carrick had kicked it, presumably not realised that was because Carrick had kicked Murphy's foot into the ball.

2. Never a sending off offence, even if Young hadn't been a yard n half offside when he threw himself to the ground.

3. Absolutely nothing wrong with it for me. Commentator talked about a Wigan player standing on De Gea's foot but I never saw that. In fact, the only possible foul I saw was the Wigan player being pushed against De Gea (think it was by Evans). Having said that, it's not unusual these days for keepers to be given free kicks for no apparent reason if someone as much as sneezes near them in the area.

JM Mcr said:
Blue Punter said:
Three questions for you Friend:-

1. Did you think Carrick's challenge on Murphy in the 89th minute against Fulham was a penalty?
2. Did you think the "challenge" by Derry on Young was a red card offence?
3. Did you see anything wrong with Wigan's goal that was disallowed on Wednesday night?

I'm not Friend, but hope you don't mind an opinion from another rag;

1. With the benefit of hindsight n tv replays, yes but in real time I honestly wasn't sure. A referee has to be 100% certain to award a penalty, he was looking at the Carrick/Murphy incident from behind so will have seen the ball move away in a direction that looked as if Carrick had kicked it, presumably not realised that was because Carrick had kicked Murphy's foot into the ball.

2. Never a sending off offence, even if Young hadn't been a yard n half offside when he threw himself to the ground.

3. Absolutely nothing wrong with it for me. Commentator talked about a Wigan player standing on De Gea's foot but I never saw that. In fact, the only possible foul I saw was the Wigan player being pushed against De Gea (think it was by Evans). Having said that, it's not unusual these days for keepers to be given free kicks for no apparent reason if someone as much as sneezes near them in the area.

spot on.

dario2739 said:
Young's today was never a penalty - I watched the clip over and over, and although he tries his best with an outstretched leg, I still don't think there was contact - even if there was, it would have been a foul by Young who flicked HIS leg out at the defender who clearly moves his leg out of the way!

That was his left leg that he flicked out, there was definite contact with his right foot tho.....but ad I said earlier decisions like this will always be contentious depending on the tint of our glasses.

Anyway, why would he even need to seek contact - De Niro's already stated the ref's in on it

Horrible dive. He flicked the ball to the right of the player then ran straight ahead into the player, then swan dived to the right. He literally took a step toward the player rather then follow the ball, which would be the natural movement.

I see nothing in the rules of the game that say the defender has to move out the way in this situation - he didn't step across Young's path. Watch it again, slowly - it's a pathetic cheat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.