Those who think there's no agenda need to read this...

rastus said:
Shaelumstash said:
metalblue said:
Anything beyond goal line technology would be an absolute nightmare to work with. I can imagine a situation where the ref would have to allow all passages of play to complete before awarding free kicks etc to see if a goal resulted...mind you we'd get our monies worth as each game will last another 25 minutes! And to be honest how many games have really been impacted over the years by the ball over/not over the line incidents? I can think of a few high profile ones but no where near as many as dodgy penalties/free kicks/poor offside calls/and so on so i'd question the value of goal line technology. So if we have to look at all decisions who then decides if the decision is correct or not? some are difficult to be sure in anycase but who's to say a panel of 2 or 3 would get it right, we've seen the FA uphold clearly ludicrous decisions down the years.

I'd skip all this technology talk and ask the FA to get a grip of the situation and investigate any case of potential favouritism to the fullest, this would hopefully start to deter refs from anything untoward if they are consciously doing it.

They would only need video technology for contentious goals and penalty decisions. It would take seconds for a 4th official in the stands to view the replay and relay his decision to the ref by his ear piece. It's not a fool proof system, but it's 1000 times better than what we have now.

Its the only way forward and knowing that the technoogy is in place it would stop certain players cheating in the first place. But i doubt it will happen as games/ decisions/ doubt, cannot then be manipulated.
Imagen Tevez given the penalty, Young booked & Fulham given a penalty

Howard Webb signals for a penalty to United,the decisions disputed and it goes to fourth official Chris Foy to review and make the final decision.
I don't think it would make as much of a difference as people think.
The same refs that are bending over backwards to give them things will be the same people looking at the replays.

Balti said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Fergie's right though - it does even out. Just this weekend I saw a game in which a player had his foot stood on and he didn't get a penalty, but this was evened out by another player who stood on someone else's foot and did get a penalty.

What's the problem?

ahhhhh yes it all evens out in Fergieworld....

That would be the world where against Wigan "we didn't get anything"... apart from the disallowed Wigan goal you ridiculous drunken old fool.

How much more fucking help do you want???

If they allow replay technology they'll have to start making calls based on what actually happens rather than what they want to happen. Imagine a world where the scum don't get their usual head start from a penalty, nobody at the FA wants that. Or even worse, imagine a game that the scum are bossing but can't seem to score and the opposition gets a fluke goal on a counter. You can't just flag it for offsides if video replay will show that it was clearly on.

buckshot said:
If they allow replay technology they'll have to start making calls based on what actually happens rather than what they want to happen. Imagine a world where the scum don't get their usual head start from a penalty, nobody at the FA wants that. Or even worse, imagine a game that the scum are bossing but can't seem to score and the opposition gets a fluke goal on a counter. You can't just flag it for offsides if video replay will show that it was clearly on.

And you wonder why we haven't actually introduced any such technology?

Chippy_boy said:
buckshot said:

I'm pretty sure Wenger, Fergie & Redknapp have all stated they would welcome such technology.

I don't think the problem is all at the feet of the FA though, it's Blatter & FIFA who are the inept, clueless clowns who seem to be delaying what would obviously be an improvement in our game.

Aren't they supposed to be trialling goal line technology @ the next World Cup or something?

If Summerbee and Vieira are speaking out about it you can be sure its not all us with a head full of magic being bitter.

Shaelumstash said:
metalblue said:
Gary James said:
I was also against video technology, but now I'm totally for it. I don't see any sensible objection to it because the only one that seems to come out is about the time it takes, but that can easily be managed. Look how many times a goal gets replayed before the opposition have restarted anyway! If there's time for 3 or more replays like that then there's easily time for a 4th official to check the video before a penalty is taken, a free kick awarded taken, a booking made.

Anything beyond goal line technology would be an absolute nightmare to work with. I can imagine a situation where the ref would have to allow all passages of play to complete before awarding free kicks etc to see if a goal resulted...mind you we'd get our monies worth as each game will last another 25 minutes! And to be honest how many games have really been impacted over the years by the ball over/not over the line incidents? I can think of a few high profile ones but no where near as many as dodgy penalties/free kicks/poor offside calls/and so on so i'd question the value of goal line technology. So if we have to look at all decisions who then decides if the decision is correct or not? some are difficult to be sure in anycase but who's to say a panel of 2 or 3 would get it right, we've seen the FA uphold clearly ludicrous decisions down the years.

I'd skip all this technology talk and ask the FA to get a grip of the situation and investigate any case of potential favouritism to the fullest, this would hopefully start to deter refs from anything untoward if they are consciously doing it.

They would only need video technology for contentious goals and penalty decisions. It would take seconds for a 4th official in the stands to view the replay and relay his decision to the ref by his ear piece. It's not a fool proof system, but it's 1000 times better than what we have now.

A contentious goal (say offside) how is that different to a contentious decision where the ref blows up for a foul by the attacker on defender when no foul was made and the attacker would have been clean through on goal? or an offside given against an attacker when they weren't and, again, would have been clean through on goal? I know fully what you are saying but once you do anything other than over the goal line technology people will want more and more decisions made by replay (it's only human nature when something goes against you).

To me this talk of technology just gives the FA a stream of ready made excuses/reasons not to do it (such as my examples above) to hide behind rather than tackle the real problem of incompetent (or worse, bent) refs.

sjk2008 said:
Chippy_boy said:
buckshot said:

I'm pretty sure Wenger, Fergie & Redknapp have all stated they would welcome such technology.
If they have, it's because they know there's no chance of it ever happening, in much the same way that I'd welcome an Aston Martin.

buckshot said:
No. No they wouldn't. I keep saying this - VT will only give the cheats another weapon in their armoury. It will allow them to rule out legitimate goals based on their opinion. As an example - the ref could have reviewed City's 6th goals v the rags & claimed to have seen a foul in the area when United were taking a corner - goal disallowed & penalty to the rags. What is to stop this from happening? It is still the opinion of a cheat that is required to make a decision. Why do you think Fergie is in favour?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.