Those who think there's no agenda need to read this...

Gary James said:
Stevie B said:
When will Panorama/Dispatches just burst this bubble and expose this blatent level of corruption in the game?

I was against technology being in the game, but the more this shit goes on the more I want technology in the game... with Ref's mic'd up

Some of the discussions between players and Ref's remind me of WWE:Wrestling where ref's are involved in the outcome of the result

I was also against video technology, but now I'm totally for it. I don't see any sensible objection to it because the only one that seems to come out is about the time it takes, but that can easily be managed. Look how many times a goal gets replayed before the opposition have restarted anyway! If there's time for 3 or more replays like that then there's easily time for a 4th official to check the video before a penalty is taken, a free kick awarded taken, a booking made.

Anything beyond goal line technology would be an absolute nightmare to work with. I can imagine a situation where the ref would have to allow all passages of play to complete before awarding free kicks etc to see if a goal resulted...mind you we'd get our monies worth as each game will last another 25 minutes! And to be honest how many games have really been impacted over the years by the ball over/not over the line incidents? I can think of a few high profile ones but no where near as many as dodgy penalties/free kicks/poor offside calls/and so on so i'd question the value of goal line technology. So if we have to look at all decisions who then decides if the decision is correct or not? some are difficult to be sure in anycase but who's to say a panel of 2 or 3 would get it right, we've seen the FA uphold clearly ludicrous decisions down the years.

I'd skip all this technology talk and ask the FA to get a grip of the situation and investigate any case of potential favouritism to the fullest, this would hopefully start to deter refs from anything untoward if they are consciously doing it.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Scareye said:
I have said every time one of these threads comes up that there is no corruption, no agenda.
I have to admit, even I am starting to question that viewpoint!!

Welcome to the truth!

Welcome to the paranoid conspiracy gang.

Cheers, but I'm not quite ready for my foil hat yet.
There are questions that need answering though.

hgblue said:
Stevie B said:
When will Panorama/Dispatches just burst this bubble and expose this blatent level of corruption in the game?

I was against technology being in the game, but the more this shit goes on the more I want technology in the game... with Ref's mic'd up

Some of the discussions between players and Ref's remind me of WWE:Wrestling where ref's are involved in the outcome of the result

Refs are involved in the outcome in WWE? Really? Where's your evidence for this?

Del Rio coming into the ring with a chair then shamus takes it off him Del Rio falls to the floor clutching his face liked hes been hit, ref turns round sees shamus with the chair, rings the bell for a DQ.

yeah im 21 and still watch it haha

:)

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Scareye said:
I have said every time one of these threads comes up that there is no corruption, no agenda.
I have to admit, even I am starting to question that viewpoint!!

Welcome to the truth!

Welcome to the paranoid conspiracy gang.

We are the PCG.

metalblue said:
Gary James said:
Stevie B said:

I was also against video technology, but now I'm totally for it. I don't see any sensible objection to it because the only one that seems to come out is about the time it takes, but that can easily be managed. Look how many times a goal gets replayed before the opposition have restarted anyway! If there's time for 3 or more replays like that then there's easily time for a 4th official to check the video before a penalty is taken, a free kick awarded taken, a booking made.

Anything beyond goal line technology would be an absolute nightmare to work with. I can imagine a situation where the ref would have to allow all passages of play to complete before awarding free kicks etc to see if a goal resulted...mind you we'd get our monies worth as each game will last another 25 minutes! And to be honest how many games have really been impacted over the years by the ball over/not over the line incidents? I can think of a few high profile ones but no where near as many as dodgy penalties/free kicks/poor offside calls/and so on so i'd question the value of goal line technology. So if we have to look at all decisions who then decides if the decision is correct or not? some are difficult to be sure in anycase but who's to say a panel of 2 or 3 would get it right, we've seen the FA uphold clearly ludicrous decisions down the years.

I'd skip all this technology talk and ask the FA to get a grip of the situation and investigate any case of potential favouritism to the fullest, this would hopefully start to deter refs from anything untoward if they are consciously doing it.

They would only need video technology for contentious goals and penalty decisions. It would take seconds for a 4th official in the stands to view the replay and relay his decision to the ref by his ear piece. It's not a fool proof system, but it's 1000 times better than what we have now.

Shaelumstash said:
metalblue said:
Gary James said:

They would only need video technology for contentious goals and penalty decisions. It would take seconds for a 4th official in the stands to view the replay and relay his decision to the ref by his ear piece. It's not a fool proof system, but it's 1000 times better than what we have now.

Its the only way forward and knowing that the technoogy is in place it would stop certain players cheating in the first place. But i doubt it will happen as games/ decisions/ doubt, cannot then be manipulated.
Imagen Tevez given the penalty, Young booked & Fulham given a penalty

rastus said:
Shaelumstash said:
metalblue said:

Its the only way forward and knowing that the technoogy is in place it would stop certain players cheating in the first place. But i doubt it will happen as games/ decisions/ doubt, cannot then be manipulated.
Imagen Tevez given the penalty, Young booked & Fulham given a penalty

And the QPR penalty, and the Wigan first that was incorrectly ruled out. It's a no brainer, but as long as there is no technology there is more room for wrong decisions, whether as a result of referee incompetence, nerves, or corruption. It won't happen because the big clubs control the game and they are obviously quite happy with the current arrangement!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.