Those working from home

I go into the office once a week for about 5 hours.
Would ideally not go in at all.
Takes me about 35 minutes each way so wasted time and I always spend a fortune on food and drinks when I go in.

Usually go to the gym and go for walks during the day when I'm 'working' from home. Work are very chilled and don't really care what we do as long as we are hitting target so that's good.
Are you an assassin?! ;)

They’re trying to push three days in the office as a minimum where I work but most are still only doing one to two. I do think hybrid is the best way to go but what the right balance is isn’t a one size fits all, really depends on the individual and the role. Productivity wise, I get more done on the days at home as I don’t have the commute and being honest, my working day is probably too long at times as a knock on effect of just being able to go downstairs and switch on the laptop. I do find having that proper human interaction from time to time of going physically into the office is productive in itself too.

The one issue I’ve found though is even when I do go into the office, I end up on teams calls most of the day anyway and half the time I need to be away from my desk anyway so people around can’t hear.

Shirking from home more like.
I worked from home for over a year during the various lock downs, and I did a lot less work from home, my dinner break ended up lasting for about an hour and a half. There are too many distractions when at home.

I worked from home for over a year during the various lock downs, and I did a lot less work from home, my dinner break ended up lasting for about an hour and a half. There are too many distractions when at home.
You were working evenings ?
If you had a dinner break

I have gone from 5 days a week in the office to working at home nearly everyday, eating a lot of toast and butter now. I think I do more work though, no one trying to talk to you all day. I do miss the office banter but think it might have taken up more time then people thought.

It depends on your family circumstances but at least the slave drivers don't think lunch is for wimps anymore. If you do an office job it can be done anywhere now due to WiFi. It's that simple. Meetings and restructure were an excuse not to work perfected by high level management to justify their existence.

Give em enough rope.

I don't know if anyone else finds this, but one thing that pisses me off about working from home is how IT maintenance has basically been farmed out to individual workers. In the office, updates and troubleshooting were done by an IT person. If I go in and a computer isn't working, I just choose another one and send an email. Whereas now I have my own laptop, I might switch it on and it suddenly decides it has an update that I have to install. Or something is broken and I have to spend an hour filling in a report and then waiting for someone to get back to me to fix it. And then still have to do all of my work on top of that. And because all of this effectively happens in my free time, there's no incentive for them to fix it, and probably no real knowledge of all of the IT problems people are having.

if I shirk at my job , my boss would notice and either give me more work to do or discipline me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.