Those working from home

I hardly get home let alone work from home. Work is so mental I have to eat on the move, I forget to drink enough water, dont get enough kip, regularly go in for 8am and have to work until about 3am the next day. Get home for a brief lie down and back, constantly. Waiting for my first heart attack practically speaking. Cram everything into my days off including rest, training and exercise, house work and essentials and some pub time. Even get nagged to death on my days off and regularly have work at least one of them, just to keep the wheel turning. Fucking crazy really. The last 4 years have gone in a blink with it all

Isn't it time you retired from undercover work?

I hardly get home let alone work from home. Work is so mental I have to eat on the move, I forget to drink enough water, dont get enough kip, regularly go in for 8am and have to work until about 3am the next day. Get home for a brief lie down and back, constantly. Waiting for my first heart attack practically speaking. Cram everything into my days off including rest, training and exercise, house work and essentials and some pub time. Even get nagged to death on my days off and regularly have work at least one of them, just to keep the wheel turning. Fucking crazy really. The last 4 years have gone in a blink with it all

I’ve been there & you can’t do it. It’s either you or the culture but it can’t be sustained.

Work life balance is important so best of luck in turning it around.

I found myself working for a chaotic CEO & COO in FMCG & it’s a 24/7 industry. Weekends, holidays you were on call. I couldn’t change them & left it too late to go thinking I could & realised it had affected my health. Financially I was able to go as I was well paid but I’ll take a hit long term but I’ve come to the realisation I want a change.

At 50 do I stay in a high paid job, hope to retire at 55 if I survive.

Work in a new area that stimulates me, 65% pay cut & enjoy going & work until 65 in a rewarding social culture.

I’ve gone for 2nd option with a 6 month break & a bit of travelling & rest.

I had to quarantine after a holiday so got the chance to WFH for two weeks and honestly the extra time in my day not having to commute was so refreshing, it was September so got to spend dinner time in the garden, having proper scran rather than microwaving shite at work. As a consequence I felt like I was a lot more productive.

Would love the opportunity to WFH but it will never happen here, during the first lockdown we had managers only in (except myself as my manager was WFH) but at the first opportunity in the May they brought everyone back and that was that.

I had to quarantine after a holiday so got the chance to WFH for two weeks and honestly the extra time in my day not having to commute was so refreshing, it was September so got to spend dinner time in the garden, having proper scran rather than microwaving shite at work. As a consequence I felt like I was a lot more productive.

Would love the opportunity to WFH but it will never happen here, during the first lockdown we had managers only in (except myself as my manager was WFH) but at the first opportunity in the May they brought everyone back and that was that.

that's gutting, a few at my work including myself really pushed the benefits of WFH in one on one meetings - the bosses were very reluctant but they didn't have much argument when we could prove productivity would be higher as it was shown during lockdown

My wife being asked to return to the office a few days a week now..done well to navigate 3 years of it without going into the office. However it's totally fucking up childcare and might mean working FT from home is part time in office. Her work have KO'D possibility of WFH permanently. Feel like I'm one of the last men standing.. anyone else still WFH 100%?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.