Three years of bad transfer dealings

Jack Wills said:
Ray78 said:
avoidconfusion said:
I am sorry but that's bollocks. We still spent shitloads of money FFP or not, just in the wrong players

Who would you of brought in over last couple of windows?

For what we spent on Mangala, Fernando and Willy, what's that around £50m, as a conservative estimate? I'd have got a homegrown keeper in for under £1m, pretty sure a decent Championship keeper would be no worse than Willy as back up, it's not like its a position we need to rotate too often. I'd have done whatever the club had to to get Fabregas, who was about £30m. I'd have kept Nasty as back up and Richards, fucked off Boyata and had Komps and MDM as first choice centre backs, maybe address that position properly in summer with a top quality proven one depending on who comes available.

Fabregas had his eye on for a return to London nothing we could of done about it. The Willy Caballero signing hasn't worked out well but Hart needed to be challenged and aren't many decent Championship keepers about. Nasty and Richards (especially after his fuck up on the tour of South Africa with the video diary) had to be moved on. Mangala will prove you wrong. Fernando is a good player and hasn't cost us all that much but doesn't fit our system. Added to this with us having to tie down our key players to new deals there wasn't much room for another 'World Class' signing during those couple of seasons. We will see in the summer on how much we have got to spend.

john blue said:
simon 23 you think Mangala is getting undeserved " stick ". 32 million, should be the finished player. FACT We have just got rid of one on loan to Italy, who people kept telling me " he is going to be a good un" Just because you are a bit quick , wont make you a good defender. ask Mr Richards. "

he didn't even play today..and wasn't even on the sub bench probably because he was being rested (unless Ive missed a report saying he is injured)....yet people are still saying after half a season that he isn't good enough to justify the price tag......

he is streets ahead of nastasic and boyata......

As anyone who knows about defenders what they do need is experience and he can be a bit rash but he has all the attributes to be a very good centre half......very good with the ball at his feet...strong in the air, good recovery pace, strong in the tackle and positionally pretty good and reads the game well (but still has to learn)

Like i said previous;y.....Kompany (who is generally regarded as one of the top centre halves int he world and I would agree with that as well) is also making mistakes....zabba to as well.......this is down to a tactical approach where our defenders are playing on a very very fine margin of success and failure (put them into a moourihnio team for instance and they would be unbeatable - not saying i like this as Id rather find a balance between what Jose does and what Pellers does)

I like MP as a manager, he tries to play an open attacking and entertaining winning style, but I think we need a big name manager to manage our big name players and bring in more big name players. Maybe I am being too simplistic about this but only two men come to mind, one is an obnoxious Portuguese whom we are playing against next and the other is dominating German football. I know which one I would prefer.

I think we need to get a point where we have more control of the transfer market without FFP restrictions. Before the restrictions were in place we were offering £100million for Kaka, we have not offered anywhere near that for anyone. As we continue to move up the football rich list we will be allowed to exercise more of that financial muscle and compete with Real for the best players in the world and the best manager.

Ray78 said:
Jack Wills said:
Ray78 said:
Who would you of brought in over last couple of windows?

For what we spent on Mangala, Fernando and Willy, what's that around £50m, as a conservative estimate? I'd have got a homegrown keeper in for under £1m, pretty sure a decent Championship keeper would be no worse than Willy as back up, it's not like its a position we need to rotate too often. I'd have done whatever the club had to to get Fabregas, who was about £30m. I'd have kept Nasty as back up and Richards, fucked off Boyata and had Komps and MDM as first choice centre backs, maybe address that position properly in summer with a top quality proven one depending on who comes available.

Fabregas had his eye on for a return to London nothing we could of done about it. The Willy Caballero signing hasn't worked out well but Hart needed to be challenged and aren't many decent Championship keepers about. Nasty and Richards (especially after his fuck up on the tour of South Africa with the video diary) had to be moved on. Mangala will prove you wrong. Fernando is a good player and hasn't cost us all that much but doesn't fit our system. Added to this with us having to tie down our key players to new deals there wasn't much room for another 'World Class' signing during those couple of seasons. We will see in the summer on how much we have got to spend.

??? I remember the tour and the video diary, what exactly went wrong with it?

I wouldn't mind the high line defending so much if we looked decent going forward but this season to be honest we have looked pretty pedestrian.

We have regressed both offensively and defensively.

We looked at our best defensively when Pellegrini had his hand forced with no forwards to select.

Mancity1980 said:
Ray78 said:
Jack Wills said:

??? I remember the tour and the video diary, what exactly went wrong with it?

Something about Micah mentioning a new contract in his diary and soon after that the diaries mysteriously stopped.

We have been far too timid since 2012, its seems both penny pinching and a fear of upsetting the balance of the 2011/12 team have cost us with the signings, and the result is that only Gareth Barry out of the first 11 has been upgraded in the 3 years since then. Diabolical really.

Surely the club will have to change their attitude now and stop signing squad players. Caballero, Sagna, Fernando all pointless signings, from now on we should only sign a player if we believe they have to potential to improve upon the current best 11. Not deliberately signing a right back who everyone acknowledges is a step down from the current right back (seemingly even the player himself). The principle of that is all wrong. I just hope that Bony won't fall into this category, and will bring a significant contribution to the first team.

As others have said, its all well blaming FFP, but we spent a huge amount on Mangala who is yet to put a run of consistent, good performances together so that argument goes out the window.

We need proper, top notch signings who are among the best in their position in their league if not the world (I'm thinking Silva and Yaya when I say that). A superstar on the level of Aguero wouldn't go amiss either. No idea what shape our finances are in but we need to sign a better standard of players, simple as really.

mansour's tow ropes said:
We have been far too timid since 2012, its seems both penny pinching and a fear of upsetting the balance of the 2011/12 team have cost us with the signings, and the result is that only Gareth Barry out of the first 11 has been upgraded in the 3 years since then. Diabolical really.

Surely the club will have to change their attitude now and stop signing squad players. Caballero, Sagna, Fernando all pointless signings, from now on we should only sign a player if we believe they have to potential to improve upon the current best 11. Not deliberately signing a right back who everyone acknowledges is a step down from the current right back (seemingly even the player himself). The principle of that is all wrong. I just hope that Bony won't fall into this category, and will bring a significant contribution to the first team.

As others have said, its all well blaming FFP, but we spent a huge amount on Mangala who is yet to put a run of consistent, good performances together so that argument goes out the window.

We need proper, top notch signings who are among the best in their position in their league if not the world (I'm thinking Silva and Yaya when I say that). A superstar on the level of Aguero wouldn't go amiss either. No idea what shape our finances are in but we need to sign a better standard of players, simple as really.

Who could of we realistically bought with the Mangala money?

three years of bad transfer dealings , and in those three years we have won 2 premierships , a league cup and been to an fa cup final , cant wait until we get our act together .

Ray78 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:

Who could of we realistically bought with the Mangala money?

don't know, not my job, but don't tell me we couldn't get a serious holding/deep lying midfield enforcer as well as a good centre half for £45m+

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.