Three years of bad transfer dealings

Unless you want to relocate the club then there is not much we could of done with the last couple of transfer windows along with us getting stung by UEFA.

Transfer threads always pop up when we lose, but the reality is that we have players more than good enough to beat a side like Middlesborough. The players we have are not performing anywhere near the level they should be at the moment, getting different players isn't the solution if we can't motivate them or fit them in a functioning system.

Where do you start ffp is not the reason we wasted money on Fernando Sinclair Navas mangala Jovetic there's probably more just to replace players who were no worse and in some cases better and I know that its something that needs patience but why has the Academy not produced not one player I'm not expecting messi but at least someone on a par with the above

I am still struggling to see what Fernando gives us, every time i think i see something in his game he lets me down again.

i had more faith in Garcia than this guy.

The only transfer i have any faith in is the Bony one and that is down to already seeing him do it in the PL, its going to be a big 4 weeks coming up for Pellegrinni.

BigOscar said:
Transfer threads always pop up when we lose, but the reality is that we have players more than good enough to beat a side like Middlesborough. The players we have are not performing anywhere near the level they should be at the moment, getting different players isn't the solution if we can't motivate them or fit them in a functioning system.

Spot on. The team is under-performing. It's not that long ago that I seemed to be reading everywhere that we had two first teams in that if virtually anyone was injured we could bring a substitute who was just as good and that there was strong competition for each position.

BigOscar said:

the problem today wasn't motivation - the problem was trying to playa system that relies on yaya and nasri being available (certainly the first at least) as well as having options to change your style of play which we don't

Navas and milner only payed today cause there are no oner options and neither offer us anything going forward in terms of creativity......milner playing in stead of yay a (he was playing centrally) and navas whose way of retaining possession is to make 40 yd runs across the pitch!...where as nasri moves the ball quickly to get a return to change the angle of pass he wants to play

look at when those players are available......look at the style of passing those players (along with sliva) employ...constant little passes to switch the direction of play (distances of 2-5 yd passes but always changing the direct of play till an opening is found).......now substitute those players for what milner and navas do!!!!!

If we are going to rely on only one way of playing you have to have matching players (or as close to it as possible) to substitute in and out. either that or the manager then has to get the players to play in a different way when he has different players not he pitch...its no good asking milner to play like yay a....he cannot...but he can play like James milner out wide......navas should be playing as an out and out winger...not one who is constantly cutting across the pitch and checking back inside.........i think against teams like boro we should be using a much simpler style of play IF our main players are missing.

abu13 said:
I am still struggling to see what Fernando gives us, every time i think i see something in his game he lets me down again.

i had more faith in Garcia than this guy.

The only transfer i have any faith in is the Bony one and that is down to already seeing him do it in the PL, its going to be a big 4 weeks coming up for Pellegrinni.
Garcia turned out to be good player in the end. The same half wits who criticised him are probably the same ones criticising Fernando

The players who underperformed today were the forwards who couldn't do anything with 70% possession.

Aguero, Kompany, Milner had really poor games. Are they bad signings?

For three years we've desperately needed to sign players who could play in the style of Nasri and Silva. We've brought no such player in- Isco woud have been closest- and the only home-grown product (Lopes) was farmed out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.