Thrown out of the stadium today

UltraPoland said:
539424_502029109808137_1940306127_n.jpg

"Sort out the stewards or we will" :)
quality

omcfc said:
It's this kind of thing that's really annoying. Like he's was really put out and doing you a massive favour. You've paid fair and square to watch the match, you've every right to be let in. In fact he is beholden to get you into the ground to ensure they keep their end of the transaction. And as for the attitude: It's his job, and instead of making fans feel comfortable with the right attitude he acts like you are an errant child.

the worst part is that fans can't do anything about it. We are totally at the mercy of their whim. If they simply can't be arsed, or don't like the look of your face they'll treat you like crap. Until there is accountability it won't change.

I couldn't agree more. I'm a Team Leader in a Customer Services envrionment and my Staff fully understand that there is no business without the paying customers. Us Fans are the life and soul of Manchester City Football Club yet many of the Stewards don't share this ethos.

If I'm dealing with someone at work then I always take a moment to ask them what they like or don't like about what we do. I care.

Can we get something clear, PDA staff are not stewards. 99% of them are fans and they do this job for a bit of 'pin' money and entry to the game. So, if you try your card and it beeps but you don't get in then the PDA will say the the ticket has been used. Their official line at that point is to direct you to the ticket office to argue your case.
Believe it or not but some fans try and defraud the club by using a card entering the ground then passing the card back through the railings!! I know, amazing isn't it not all fans are honest!!
So the PDA guy that helped the fan who didn't get in the other night did not have a 'duty' to get you in and yet he did. I'd say he was pretty decent. Sigh or no sigh.

i8rags said:
I saw him do it and he deserves everything he gets.
I'm with you on this one, the way he clapped when Kolarov scored was very girly, he needs to man up.
Good luck in your quest though, my family have had issues with Captain Fletcher in the past, and they were sorted with getting in touch with him.

I had a problem getting in on Wednesday. I got to the ground 10 minutes late and my card beeped in the reader but the turnstile didn't move. The two Showsec Stewards on the gates were too busy chatting to notice and I asked for their help. One made me use the first reader again and then the other with no joy before saying I had to find another Steward. I commented that had he been paying attention then he'd have seen what had happened and he just repeated I had to see another Steward. No empathy, no help etc. I found a guy with one of those handheld things and he checked my card to say it'd been used to enter already (i.e. by me) and looked confused as to how to resolve the problem. I told him that the two Stewards on the other side of the gate were too busy chatting to notice and he said they were Agency Stewards. He let out a sigh and said he'd take me in the ground on this occasion which he seemed almost reluctant to do. The two Stewards were still chatting and not even looking to see whether I'd received help so I heartily thanked the Club Steward and managed to resist calling the two Scally ***** as I went in to the ground. They'd probably have reported me for being aggressive and Fletcher would've supported their move.

Even yesterday the orange coated Woman said hello as I walked in and as did the Guy who stands on our Block. Such a difference in attitude and class.

Same happened to me in the carling cup semi final against the rags I couldn't hear the turnstile buzz because of the noise and singing out side. I went to one of the stewards with the PDA they checked said yea the tickets fine try again I did still didn't work so they sent me to the ticket office who like tole me like you my ticket had already been used and that they couldn't do anything about it and I wouldn't be able to enter. Luckly at the time a family friend was working as a supervisor in the ticket I asked the woman to get him she wouldn't. So I started to kick off because it wasn't my fault and the game had kicked off by this point then my friend walked past the window and shouted him and he printed me another ticket. All in all I missed the first 20 of the game its crazy. In some ways these cards are good but you didnt get this problem when you had a real ticket of season book and a human to take the thing off you.

dark 'n stormy said:
Can we get something clear, PDA staff are not stewards. 99% of them are fans and they do this job for a bit of 'pin' money and entry to the game. So, if you try your card and it beeps but you don't get in then the PDA will say the the ticket has been used. Their official line at that point is to direct you to the ticket office to argue your case.
Believe it or not but some fans try and defraud the club by using a card entering the ground then passing the card back through the railings!! I know, amazing isn't it not all fans are honest!!
So the PDA guy that helped the fan who didn't get in the other night did not have a 'duty' to get you in and yet he did. I'd say he was pretty decent. Sigh or no sigh.

Oh dear...

1.) Had the Stewards inside the ground been doing their job then they'll have seen me at the turnstile on my own. They should also have seen someone passing the card back to me etc. Had that actually happened obviously.

2.) The PDA's reader should (emphasis on the should) be able to tell them when the card was used. i.e. 30 seconds before I approached him.

3.) The turnstile not working properly was no fault of my own and entirely the responsibility of City.

4.) If he shouldn't have let me in because I should have had to walk half way around the Stadium then he should be sacked from his part time casual job for breaking the rules.

If you did threaten someone,most likely a fellow blue there to help you rain,wind,snow then i hope you get banned.
If you didn't,like has been mentioned should be easy enough to clear up as the time your card was used is recorded on the internal systems.If your card was used then you won't have been let in by the PDA - thus not you threatening.

As for the "take it to the press" comment,seriously? All the best with that.

Hi.

I am the other person who was thrown out with the OP yesterday. Not posted on here for a while.

To the people who seem to think I was responsible. I suppose it it easy to jump to conclusions and lets be fair, we do have our fair share of idiots who cause trouble and they deserve to be banned. However, this is clear case of mistaken identity. Like the OP states, we don't even know each other and we came into the stadium at separate times on Wednesday night. It's a clear case of mistaken identity.

Anyway, I have just e-mailed Danny Wilson and Peter Fletcher politely advising them to check both the CCTV footage of the incident and the turnstile records to see what time we both entered the stadium. That should prove we were not involved. I have also offered to meet the PDA operator in person to see if he/she still thinks it was me.

Hopefully this will resolve the matter before it develops into something more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.