Ticket Demand- last five fixtures

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Welcome to the new world of Manchester City.

They will bleed us dry, loyalty has a price, and boy, it's gonna cost you!

York away to this.

It was never going in any other direction, so let's see how much they increase seasoncard prices by this summer.

My cynicism of football, and how clubs exploit the loyalty of fans, knows no bounds, and City, as a club, are now just as bad as any other club in the world.

I may love the team with their sky blue shirts, but I'm in no doubt about the way the 'club' is going. All that marketing shit about 'belong' just doesn't wash with me. It's for the plastics.

I'm off. I'm going back to real football, and I, along with a great rag friend of mine, are going to watch Alty next season.

I have been a season ticket holder for years, but I'm fed up with all the garbage marketing shit.

They are taking the piss. I'll always be a blue, but they can get their money from someone else. I have reached my tipping point.
It's a shame you feel that way, but understandable. Like JMA, this doesn't actually affect me but its not a very good indication of where the club is going. They are quite openly and blatantly taking the piss out of Blues now, and even those who have felt compelled to take them up on this 'offer' have been left with a bad taste in the mouth.

The sad thing is that there were ways in which the same (or similar) package could have been received much more positively if it hadn't been at the mercy of some revenue-obsessed bean counter who wets his knickers over pulling in an extra few thousand pounds while slowly disaffecting significant sections of the club's traditional support. "Who cares if they can't afford it, the idiots will still pay it" seems to be the new motto and it's short-sighted in the extreme.

This package could easily have been sold at £125-150 on the basis of 'rewarding' those who have already forked out for 5+ games this season. Everyone's a winner - the club gets its guaranteed revenue in the event there's nothing to play for, and the supporters get a fair price for taking a punt.

Or they could have done a 4-match package and just left the Norwich game open to market forces, using the existing loyalty schemes to shift the tickets. Again, everyone's happy, as the final game will be a sellout regardless.

Or they could have just scrapped the whole daft idea and continued to sell the ground out in the same way it has for every single game over the last couple of seasons. But the club seems to love making a rod for its own back these days.

Re: Unprecedented Ticket Demand

allan harper said:
The tourists will snap them up, it'll be like fucking china town in the duck chop.

Hasselhoff and Jessica Simpson as well as Dolly Parton have all taken advantage of the offer.

Our fans made a stand against the rip off at Arsenal so it's about time we did the same with our own club.

Banners and boycotts to get the message across, as a seasoncard holder i'd be happy to miss a game in support of all football fans who are being ppriced out by greedy owners, players and chairmen.

Fuzzy Logic said:
Our fans made a stand against the rip off at Arsenal so it's about time we did the same with our own club.

Banners and boycotts to get the message across, as a seasoncard holder i'd be happy to miss a game in support of all football fans who are being ppriced out by greedy owners, players and chairmen.

I know where you are coming from, however, I would NEVER call our Owner greedy after what he has put in and given us. Sure we are a business for him, but the money he would get back from the fans in Ticket sales would take around 30 years to pay off. Agree with your other points though :)

Anyone know when these "final five" tickets will be available?

Just had a text saying they're on sale now to blue members, but have logged in on mcfc.co.uk/tickets and there's nothing said about them.

York away to this.

It was never going in any other direction, so let's see how much they increase seasoncard prices by this summer.

My cynicism of football, and how clubs exploit the loyalty of fans, knows no bounds, and City, as a club, are now just as bad as any other club in the world.

I may love the team with their sky blue shirts, but I'm in no doubt about the way the 'club' is going. All that marketing shit about 'belong' just doesn't wash with me. It's for the plastics.

I'm off. I'm going back to real football, and I, along with a great rag friend of mine, are going to watch Alty next season.

I have been a season ticket holder for years, but I'm fed up with all the garbage marketing shit.

They are taking the piss. I'll always be a blue, but they can get their money from someone else. I have reached my tipping point.
Your spot on with what you say

paul.manc said:

Just had a text saying they're on sale now to blue members, but have logged in on mcfc.co.uk/tickets and there's nothing said about them.

Tickets available now - you need to go into ticket bundles

alan__mcfc said:
paul.manc said:

Tickets available now - you need to go into ticket bundles

Sorry mate- bit slow today

Thanks

York away to this.

Shouldn't you wait until you see the prices of next years season tickets before you say you have reached your tipping point?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.