Ticket Exchange - 2019/20 ?

Just read about this on twitter as I rarely read e mails from the club as they are usually full of rubbish. Sure enough I went back and checked and there it was.

" Please note that this season, if a Seasoncard holder does not attend or does not place their Seasoncard seat on the Club’s Ticket Exchange for a combined total of 10 Premier League home matches during the 2019/20 season, then the respective Seasoncard holder’s seat may not be automatically renewed for the following season, and any requested renewal will be granted or denied by the Club (acting in its absolute discretion)."

I have mixed feelings on this. When I was working I could often miss half the games as i worked on a ship on a week on/week off basis. Before ticket exchange I just lost the money as selling or handing it over to another blue was just too problematic when it came to trying to get it back. I put it on ticket exchange when it first came out but it rarely sold. Nowadays if I can't attend it does seem to sell better.

PB who used to be on here said he had seen the figures and was shocked that some season card holders didn't attend ONE game or put it up for resale. I find that mind boggling. What would be the point of that??

People keep a season card going as they usually like the area they are in and the people around them. Also it works out cheaper than buying on a game by game basis. If they made match going tickets cheaper then a lot of people probably wouldn't bother buying one but decide game by game. Of course the club then risks even more empty seats at the rearranged or less attractive fixtures. They can't have it all ways. Although I see why they are taking this approach part of me doesn't like to feel I am being threatened or bullied. Worrying tines I fear, what next?

What I object to on this email is the fact that the club say: City Matters told us that they had received feedback from supporters asking for more information about the Ticket Exchange and how it worked. This gives the impression that it is City Matters who are, once again, telling us, the fans, what we want!!

If City Matters are receiving feedback on anything that pre-supposes surely that they have asked questions? I've not been asked questions by CM people has anyone else? I've asked them questions but never been asked any back!!

What I object to on this email is the fact that the club say: City Matters told us that they had received feedback from supporters asking for more information about the Ticket Exchange and how it worked. This gives the impression that it is City Matters who are, once again, telling us, the fans, what we want!!

If City Matters are receiving feedback on anything that pre-supposes surely that they have asked questions? I've not been asked questions by CM people has anyone else? I've asked them questions but never been asked any back!!

It is based on one or two opinions. If season ticket holders don't turn up near me and there is more space it is a bonus, I'm not sure why they are so concerned that everyone attends.

It is based on one or two opinions. If season ticket holders don't turn up near me and there is more space it is a bonus, I'm not sure why they are so concerned that everyone attends.

It doesn't seem that long ago that they didn't like us giving/selling on our season cards, personally I don't want to let anyone else have my card as I remember people having their cards confiscated when someone got into trouble in their seats. You know, swore at the stewards, got ejected from the stadium and the person whose card they had got the punishment. I remember people on here talking about it happening to them.

It doesn't seem that long ago that they didn't like us giving/selling on our season cards, personally I don't want to let anyone else have my card as I remember people having their cards confiscated when someone got into trouble in their seats. You know, swore at the stewards, got ejected from the stadium and the person whose card they had got the punishment. I remember people on here talking about it happening to them.
You are quite right.
There’s a member of this board, also in the SC, who passed on his ticket to his brother. Brother stupidly took a pint to his seat and the owner of the seat was banned.
It took him three games to prove it wasn’t him as he was actually out of the country. Banned for three games for passing his ticket to his brother!

@squirtyflower well squirty, there is no way I am putting my ticket on the exchange thingy if I am not able to attend a match! I will, obviously, do my best to attend every match including the cup ones so my seat will be empty if I ain't there! :-)
We’ve used the exchange a couple of times, works well when you have a couple of desalts or more together.

Didn’t sell though for the ‘lesser’ games. Better using the Facebook page then and selling it cheap.

You could only go to two games this season and put 8 on the ticket exchange and be fine regardless of whether they sell or not.
Isn’t asking that much.

Oh personally I will be at most games and like I said I have mixed feelings on it and the empty seats annoy me too. If PB is correct and people are holding on to a season card and never attending then the club needs to ask those people why. It is starting to unnerve me slightly that more and more draconian measures and rules appear to be slowly creeping in. No food and flasks, pressure to attend or do something about a seat you have paid for in advance, searches, smaller bags etcetera. Going to a game should be about fun but it is becoming like planning a military operation.

Just read about this on twitter as I rarely read e mails from the club as they are usually full of rubbish. Sure enough I went back and checked and there it was.

" Please note that this season, if a Seasoncard holder does not attend or does not place their Seasoncard seat on the Club’s Ticket Exchange for a combined total of 10 Premier League home matches during the 2019/20 season, then the respective Seasoncard holder’s seat may not be automatically renewed for the following season, and any requested renewal will be granted or denied by the Club (acting in its absolute discretion)."

I have mixed feelings on this. When I was working I could often miss half the games as i worked on a ship on a week on/week off basis. Before ticket exchange I just lost the money as selling or handing it over to another blue was just too problematic when it came to trying to get it back. I put it on ticket exchange when it first came out but it rarely sold. Nowadays if I can't attend it does seem to sell better.

PB who used to be on here said he had seen the figures and was shocked that some season card holders didn't attend ONE game or put it up for resale. I find that mind boggling. What would be the point of that??

People keep a season card going as they usually like the area they are in and the people around them. Also it works out cheaper than buying on a game by game basis. If they made match going tickets cheaper then a lot of people probably wouldn't bother buying one but decide game by game. Of course the club then risks even more empty seats at the rearranged or less attractive fixtures. They can't have it all ways. Although I see why they are taking this approach part of me doesn't like to feel I am being threatened or bullied. Worrying tines I fear, what next?

I think as long as you list the seat on the ticket exchange it doesn’t count as one of the ten missed games.

Shouldn’t be any concerns by anyone under this circumstance.

@squirtyflower well squirty, there is no way I am putting my ticket on the exchange thingy if I am not able to attend a match! I will, obviously, do my best to attend every match including the cup ones so my seat will be empty if I ain't there! :-)
Why would you not put your ticket on the exchange if you know you aren’t going & give someone a chance of seeing a game? On the rare occasions I’ve not been able to attend a game through illness or being away, I or the mate I go with usually manage to pass it on to a relative or friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.