Ticket info for the Capital One Cup Final

So Peter Evans is making the point, I think, that if you are a blue member, even with a shedload of points, you're chances of a ticket to a Cup Final are virtually nil, yet a first year season ticket holder could potentially have got a ticket on the last day of sales. As in 2011 this pattern was clearly set, if you want a cup final ticket, be a ST holder, or get friendly with a ST holder who doesn't go to Wembley, or do as I did in 2011 for my son and pay a 'Cup Final Ticket Holder' over the odds for a ticket.

We are City not Chelsea said:
de niro said:
You covered a lot of 'points' in there and got me thinking, as a blue that had a season ticket at the old stadium, now in the position of getting my young 'blue' up the points ladder.
I got 1200 points for being a season ticket holder at the old stadium (Is that what everyone got???) . In the new stadium I got 100 points for a season ticket in the first year, then bizarrely 420 points for season 05/06. Co-incidentally that was the year my young blue was born, so I've been working on his points since his first match in 2009. Ten points here and there to start with, then 100 (!) for Aris Thessaloniki in 2010/11 and 100 (!) for the Reading Cup Q/F. First season ticket for him was the title winning season (glory hunter). With away matches etc he's already amassed well over 3,000.
Not sure where I'm going with this, except that if a blue has attended 1000 matches surely they should have more than a 'couple of thousand' points. I'm sure there are many blue members out there really peed off that they can't get cup final tickets, but how many matches a season must they currently attend not to make it worthwhile upgrading to a season ticket? Cheapest adult match day ticket this year is £28, average probably around £35-£40, so attending more than about ten would cost similar to the cheapest season ticket. Probably another thread better placed to put this, but after scrambling around in 2011 to get 2 tickets for the semi and final, I was confident just three years later that my eight year old would be well up the queue, and got them this time with over a week to spare.

nice life story/ moan.

try this.

I have been watching city for 50 years, there are loads of fans with more points than me (I have around 13k) my daughter, although an adult has the same.

why should they have even more than me?

BECAUSE THEY ATTEND THE FUCKING GAMES.

how hard is that to grasp.

Hi De Niro,
Thanks for that. I'm pretty shit at all this "quote" stuff, so what's quoted as me is actually the guy a few pages back. My bit actually started with "You covered a lot of points in there...", and by way of example of my incompetence it now previews this post with my quote as yours... I'll get there sooner or later.

Anyway, to actually sum up my life story (not the other guy) ,I've been to a lot of games, have a season ticket and therefore lots of points (but not 13,000). My son is eight, he's been to a lot of games in four years, is a ST holder so he's jumping up the points queue. The guy before said he'd been to a thousand games but only had 2k of points. I was merely commenting on some of the random points given out in recent seasons and agree exactly what you've put....

If you want tickets to the big games, go to the matches!

Hence I paid £250 for my son to see the semi in 2011, but £28 for the Capital Cup Final this year.[/quote]
paid 250 to watch the last game at Maine road. I'd been going almost 40 years, but that was just one of those things. Life is in cycles, I could get the time off to warrant a season ticket so fair enough I was at the back of the queue and didn't get one, had to pay a tout.nowadays the cycles comes back to me and I can take my family everywhere, they all have the points . when I'm too old or pop my clogs someone will catch up my points total and they will go where I would normally go. That's just the way it is.

de niro said:
"What concerns me more though is the way City have set up this loyalty points 'system' over the last five years or so. If, like me, you are blue member with a couple of thousand points and for various reason have been unable to attend every game so not in possession of a season ticket, clearly you have no chance of ever getting any kind of cup final ticket. I think this is wrong. I also think the way the whole loyalty points system has been set up is wrong and I will be writing to the club about it. ( BTW I have signed up for a season ticket and am on the waiting list ) My understanding is that the club issues loyalty points for what can often be described as extremely dubious reasons, based around the ability to pay. The club tempts fans with the offer of x hundred points for gold and platinum membership based on increasing revenues and ability to pay, not loyalty of support, it seems to me. They also give hundreds of points for merely being a season ticket holder and a variety of other dubious money making methods,
This does not apply to everyone and many blues have been very loyal over many decades.

However, in my case we have a ridiculous situation where my own son, who has had a season ticket for five ish years, has more than double the number of loyalty points that I have and yet I have been to approximately 1000 City matches over more than forty years compared to his 100 matches over 5 or 6 years. How does this happen ? Well ,mainly for the reasons I have already stated where the 'loyalty' points are handed out like confetti a bit like the voting system at the fucking Eurovision song contest. City are wrong over this and the system is totally unjust. It should be based around attending matches, not the ability to pay. In my case I will be writing to the club and demanding to know why I have not been given a good few thousand additional loyalty points for the years I had season tickets at Maine Rd, approximately 20 of them ! No junior should have more loyalty points than those of us who went for many years and had season tickets longbefore they were born.

You covered a lot of 'points' in there and got me thinking, as a blue that had a season ticket at the old stadium, now in the position of getting my young 'blue' up the points ladder.
I got 1200 points for being a season ticket holder at the old stadium (Is that what everyone got???) . In the new stadium I got 100 points for a season ticket in the first year, then bizarrely 420 points for season 05/06. Co-incidentally that was the year my young blue was born, so I've been working on his points since his first match in 2009. Ten points here and there to start with, then 100 (!) for Aris Thessaloniki in 2010/11 and 100 (!) for the Reading Cup Q/F. First season ticket for him was the title winning season (glory hunter). With away matches etc he's already amassed well over 3,000.
Not sure where I'm going with this, except that if a blue has attended 1000 matches surely they should have more than a 'couple of thousand' points. I'm sure there are many blue members out there really peed off that they can't get cup final tickets, but how many matches a season must they currently attend not to make it worthwhile upgrading to a season ticket? Cheapest adult match day ticket this year is £28, average probably around £35-£40, so attending more than about ten would cost similar to the cheapest season ticket. Probably another thread better placed to put this, but after scrambling around in 2011 to get 2 tickets for the semi and final, I was confident just three years later that my eight year old would be well up the queue, and got them this time with over a week to spare.

nice life story/ moan.

try this.

I have been watching city for 50 years, there are loads of fans with more points than me (I have around 13k) my daughter, although an adult has the same.

Eh ? Not sure you actually grasp what I am saying rather than me grasping your moronic comments ! What I am saying is that I have been to approx 1000 matches that's not a life story its a fact.Now let me spell it out for you again. The clubs loyalty points system is based around money not loyalty. Also why did season ticket holders get 1000 loyalty points in 2009, including my son, for merely being a season ticket holder ? Plus all the other hundreds eg 100 for attending champs league games a few yrs ago and all this gold and platinum membership crap etc ? Nothing to do with attending matches at all ! Do you grasp ?

de niro said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Most away games go to general sale,the points are there to be had if you are willing to put the effort in
Do you think any of us at Norwich last week or west ham a few weeks ago are struggling for a final ticket ?

stop being sensible, the johnny come latelys wont like it.

So, if I've got the hang of this quote thing this should work and back up my previous (admittedly laboured point).
I've been watching City since the seventies, my son alas was only willing to go from the age of 4, so is a newbie (2009 onwards -). Didn't go to Norwich or West Ham but he has been putting in the effort to attend aways, as part of his education, and to boost points at the same time. Target - get enough points for when we do reach a CL Final to stand a chance of a ticket, and hey if not, sorry son, you know I said I'd never go without you...

peter.evans said:
de niro said:
"What concerns me more though is the way City have set up this loyalty points 'system' over the last five years or so. If, like me, you are blue member with a couple of thousand points and for various reason have been unable to attend every game so not in possession of a season ticket, clearly you have no chance of ever getting any kind of cup final ticket. I think this is wrong. I also think the way the whole loyalty points system has been set up is wrong and I will be writing to the club about it. ( BTW I have signed up for a season ticket and am on the waiting list ) My understanding is that the club issues loyalty points for what can often be described as extremely dubious reasons, based around the ability to pay. The club tempts fans with the offer of x hundred points for gold and platinum membership based on increasing revenues and ability to pay, not loyalty of support, it seems to me. They also give hundreds of points for merely being a season ticket holder and a variety of other dubious money making methods,
This does not apply to everyone and many blues have been very loyal over many decades.

However, in my case we have a ridiculous situation where my own son, who has had a season ticket for five ish years, has more than double the number of loyalty points that I have and yet I have been to approximately 1000 City matches over more than forty years compared to his 100 matches over 5 or 6 years. How does this happen ? Well ,mainly for the reasons I have already stated where the 'loyalty' points are handed out like confetti a bit like the voting system at the fucking Eurovision song contest. City are wrong over this and the system is totally unjust. It should be based around attending matches, not the ability to pay. In my case I will be writing to the club and demanding to know why I have not been given a good few thousand additional loyalty points for the years I had season tickets at Maine Rd, approximately 20 of them ! No junior should have more loyalty points than those of us who went for many years and had season tickets longbefore they were born.

nice life story/ moan.

try this.

Eh ? Not sure you actually grasp what I am saying rather than me grasping your moronic comments ! What I am saying is that I have been to approx 1000 matches that's not a life story its a fact.Now let me spell it out for you again. The clubs loyalty points system is based around money not loyalty. Also why did season ticket holders get 1000 loyalty points in 2009, including my son, for merely being a season ticket holder ? Plus all the other hundreds eg 100 for attending champs league games a few yrs ago and all this gold and platinum membership crap etc ? Nothing to do with attending matches at all ! Do you grasp ?

You and everyone else had the same chance to add to your points in the same way as I ,your son and everyone else did.you, yes you, chose not to it seems.

Can you grasp that?

peter.evans said:
de niro said:

nice life story/ moan.

try this.

You are rewarded for having a ST because you are pledging money up front and commiting to every game. Obviously this shows loyalty and will be rewarded.

When you attend matches - blue member or ST - you are given points because you are showing loyalty to the club by attending matches.

The more matches you attend the more points you have. The more points you have the better your chance of a ticket.

You may have attended matches over 4 decades but I'm not sure how you expect the club to quantify that loyalty. Do you think everyone should get a personal interview to ascertain how big a blue they are?

If you want to go to cup final then buy a season ticket and build up your points. If you cant afford to do this then I sympathise but to say you are more entitled than someone who has attended more matches than you in the past 10 years is complete and utter nonsense.

de niro said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Most away games go to general sale,the points are there to be had if you are willing to put the effort in
Do you think any of us at Norwich last week or west ham a few weeks ago are struggling for a final ticket ?

stop being sensible, the johnny come latelys wont like it.

So, if I've got the hang of this quote thing this should work and back up my previous (admittedly laboured point).
I've been watching City since the seventies, my son alas was only willing to go from the age of 4, so is a newbie (2009 onwards -). Didn't go to Norwich or West Ham but he has been putting in the effort to attend aways, as part of his education, and to boost points at the same time. Target - get enough points for when we do reach a CL Final to stand a chance of a ticket, and hey if not, sorry son, you know I said I'd never go without you...

Don't see the issue
We all start off at the bottom of the ladder
How quickly you want to climb the ladder is up to you

Colin_Bell said:
I was at Norwich last week and also Stoke, Southampton, West Ham x 2, Leicester, Blackburn, Spurs, Fulham and doing Hull. Arsenal & Liverpool but I've not hit Wembley tickets :-(

Not Wembley but I used to be like that for derbies. Had to get them off here or go in the away end. All you can do is attend any match that doesn't sell out and one day it'll all fall in to place.

de niro said:
Colin_Bell said:
I was at Norwich last week and also Stoke, Southampton, West Ham x 2, Leicester, Blackburn, Spurs, Fulham and doing Hull. Arsenal & Liverpool but I've not hit Wembley tickets :-(

Not Wembley but I used to be like that for derbies. Had to get them off here or go in the away end. All you can do is attend any match that doesn't sell out and one day it'll all fall in to place.

You can guarantee everyone who's on the plane to barcelona with tickets in the City end have been in your position at one time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.