Ticket info for the Capital One Cup Final

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
de niro said:
Colin_Bell said:
I was at Norwich last week and also Stoke, Southampton, West Ham x 2, Leicester, Blackburn, Spurs, Fulham and doing Hull. Arsenal & Liverpool but I've not hit Wembley tickets :-(

Not Wembley but I used to be like that for derbies. Had to get them off here or go in the away end. All you can do is attend any match that doesn't sell out and one day it'll all fall in to place.

You can guarantee everyone who's on the plane to barcelona with tickets in the City end have been in your position at one time

Absolutely. Go back to groclin, I didn't qualify, neither did my lad, got two elsewhere. I didn't moan. I knew my place.

Now we seem to be off the point of the Capital One Cup Final Tickets, but the loyalty points system on which success or failure of securing such tickets is based. I'm making the assumption that any loyal blue that attended Maine Road (as a Season Ticket holder) and has continued their support at The Etihad has a good decade head start on anyone 'buying' their way up the system. Maybe unusual points were given out in 2009/10/11 to boost attendance when the stadium wasn't guaranteed to be full. What would still be true however, is that anyone that has been a regular since 2003 would have enough points unless they were not a ST holder. In that instance, for whatever reason, they'd be well aware of how many ST holders City have.

I have only 20 posts on this site (enjoying reading, but normally avoid contributing), but see myself as no less 'loyal' than someone with thousands of posts.
Not sure exactly when loyalty points came in, but City must have played around 400 games since they did, many before the money came in. The loyalty points system is flawed, but it is clear enough now. Platinum double points must be covered on another thread so I'm not commenting on that, but to return to the Capital One Cup - Every Season Ticket holder on the cup scheme was guaranteed a ticket, and even first year season ticket holders had a shot at a ticket. Feel sorry for any Blue that can't be there, there will be a chance in the FA Cup Semi, and next years Charity Shield for non ST holders.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
de niro said:
Colin_Bell said:
I was at Norwich last week and also Stoke, Southampton, West Ham x 2, Leicester, Blackburn, Spurs, Fulham and doing Hull. Arsenal & Liverpool but I've not hit Wembley tickets :-(

Not Wembley but I used to be like that for derbies. Had to get them off here or go in the away end. All you can do is attend any match that doesn't sell out and one day it'll all fall in to place.

You can guarantee everyone who's on the plane to barcelona with tickets in the City end have been in your position at one time
So true.

wireblue said:
You are rewarded for having a ST because you are pledging money up front and commiting to every game. Obviously this shows loyalty and will be rewarded.

When you attend matches - blue member or ST - you are given points because you are showing loyalty to the club by attending matches.

The more matches you attend the more points you have. The more points you have the better your chance of a ticket.

You may have attended matches over 4 decades (thats 'Peter Evans' not 'We are City not Chelsea') but I'm not sure how you expect the club to quantify that loyalty. Do you think everyone should get a personal interview to ascertain how big a blue they are?

If you want to go to cup final then buy a season ticket and build up your points. If you cant afford to do this then I sympathise but to say you are more entitled than someone who has attended more matches than you in the past 10 years is complete and utter nonsense.

You see, WireBlue, that's why I should leave all this forum stuff to other people. That's what I was trying to say! That's why my eight year old will be seen as 'more loyal' than other blues, because he goes to the matches! Gave me loads of grief because we didn't go to Norwich away!

We are City not Chelsea said:
Now we seem to be off the point of the Capital One Cup Final Tickets, but the loyalty points system on which success or failure of securing such tickets is based. I'm making the assumption that any loyal blue that attended Maine Road (as a Season Ticket holder) and has continued their support at The Etihad has a good decade head start on anyone 'buying' their way up the system. Maybe unusual points were given out in 2009/10/11 to boost attendance when the stadium wasn't guaranteed to be full. What would still be true however, is that anyone that has been a regular since 2003 would have enough points unless they were not a ST holder. In that instance, for whatever reason, they'd be well aware of how many ST holders City have..

Yep, and yet still people moan (trust me i do understand - my sister is a blue member and pissed she can't go... though secretly me and mum are quite pleased as we always row when it's 3 of us hehe... but i digress!). (she got to come to Wembley 99 with us so she can't grumble hehe!)

Me and my mum have had season tickets since 93, every season solid (went to many before then too, from 1985, but couldn't cough up for a season ticket - however cheap they were when we look back nowadays!), and in those 21 years we've been to every home match in all competitions (plus some aways, but no aways in the last 10 years cos basically due to debt if im honest - something has to give if we want to do home cup games!), been on the cup scheme 4 years or so (didn't for the first few years it was invented - even though we did still go to every game - cos we didn't have a credit card etc to shove it all on).

My point being yeah we can all whinge about how it should include more points prior to 2001 when it was invented - but so what, we're pretty much all in the same boat, just deal with it. We have 8600 points, enough for domestic finals, but prob miss out on champ lge if we ever get there... but the people who have more points than me have simply been to more matches since 2001, and i can deal with that, so should everyone. I know i've been to every home match, but i know those that have done that *and* done aways will have more, much more. We know the system, we know how it works (and it IS better than a dreaded ballot lets be honest!), and it's quite fun that after a lifetime (for me anyway!) of winning nothing here we all are arguing about how we can get cup final tickets, for our 6th Wembley trip in 3 years!
I'll shut up now, i don't usually do long posts and tend to babble ;) apologies if this reads like a "life history", it's not meant to.. sorry :(

Now we seem to be off the point of the Capital One Cup Final Tickets, but the loyalty points system on which success or failure of securing such tickets is based. I'm making the assumption that any loyal blue that attended Maine Road (as a Season Ticket holder) and has continued their support at The Etihad has a good decade head start on anyone 'buying' their way up the system. Maybe unusual points were given out in 2009/10/11 to boost attendance when the stadium wasn't guaranteed to be full. What would still be true however, is that anyone that has been a regular since 2003 would have enough points unless they were not a ST holder. In that instance, for whatever reason, they'd be well aware of how many ST holders City have.

I have only 20 posts on this site (enjoying reading, but normally avoid contributing), but see myself as no less 'loyal' than someone with thousands of posts.
Not sure exactly when loyalty points came in, but City must have played around 400 games since they did, many before the money came in. The loyalty points system is flawed, but it is clear enough now. Platinum double points must be covered on another thread so I'm not commenting on that, but to return to the Capital One Cup - Every Season Ticket holder on the cup scheme was guaranteed a ticket, and even first year season ticket holders had a shot at a ticket. Feel sorry for any Blue that can't be there, there will be a chance in the FA Cup Semi, and next years Charity Shield for non ST holders.

You posts to points comment is an empty one. Means nothing. My wife has around13k and never been near bluemoon. Hates it in fact.

Also your comment that the loyalty point system is flawed is crap. It just doesn't suit you.if you Dont qualify for a game its simply down to you not attending enough games, just like the time I didn't qualify for games way back. I was building my own business and city had to be put on the back burner. We still did the midweek games at Maine road, league cup was kids for a quid, school night or not they all came with me, no loyalty points back then mind. Once I had a bit more time and money I picked up again albeit with no points and watching a shit team, didn't care, as a family it was our thing. Brighton away midweek, boro losing 8_1 and many many others, we didn't give a damn, it was city. The last thing on our minds was loyalty points. Now those points do come in handy people think they deserve the same status as us now we are a good side.

Smacks of mard arses to me.

de niro said:

You posts to points comment is an empty one. Means nothing. My wife has around13k and never been near bluemoon. Hates it in fact.

Also your comment that the loyalty point system is flawed is crap. It just doesn't suit you.if you Dont qualify for a game its simply down to you not attending enough games, just like the time I didn't qualify for games way back. I was building my own business and city had to be put on the back burner. We still did the midweek games at Maine road, league cup was kids for a quid, school night or not they all came with me, no loyalty points back then mind. Once I had a bit more time and money I picked up again albeit with no points and watching a shit team, didn't care, as a family it was our thing. Brighton away midweek, boro losing 8_1 and many many others, we didn't give a damn, it was city. The last thing on our minds was loyalty points. Now those points do come in handy people think they deserve the same status as us now we are a good side.

Smacks of mard arses to me.

only this. i missed out on barca away because i didnt have enough points. My points total is where it is because of the games i have been to, the system isnt flawed its been there for years and everyone knows how it works, people just moan because as de niro says it doesnt suit them .

bgblue said:
Can't get a ticket = system is shit
I've got a ticket = system works a treat

not true, as I have previously said, the system meant I missed out when we moved to eastlands, for a while I would get tickets off here, Steve King (r.i.p.) was brilliant at helping me out.
I didn't moan or curse the system, its just the way it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.