ticket prices for semi- final

Daily Fail revelling in it needless to say. This is labelled 'Exclusive' and is being run as the first story bar tonight's Chimps League games.......

Manchester City struggling to sell out 33,000 allocation for FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal, with supporters unhappy with the FA's decision to schedule the match on a Sunday

• Manchester City face Arsenal in the FA Cup final at Wembley on Sunday
  • Sportsmail understands up to 2,000 of their 33,000 allocation remain unsold
  • The match clashes with the London Marathon, prompting fears of travel delays
  • City supporters have also hit out at the FA for scheduling the match on a Sunday
By Mike Keegan For Mailonline

Published: 18:52, 19 April 2017 | Updated: 20:35, 19 April 2017
Manchester City are struggling to sell their allocation for Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final, with fans criticising the scheduling of the Wembley clash with Arsenal.
Pep Guardiola’s club were given around 33,000 tickets for the fixture in the capital.
Arsenal, who have been given a similar allocation, sold out more than a week ago.
However, with just three days to go before the match, Sportsmail understands between 1,500 and 2,000 tickets in the City section remain unsold.
Supporters of the Etihad Stadium club have hit out at the decision to schedule the clash between City and the Gunners on Sunday, rather than the Saturday slot allocated for the other semi-final between London pair Chelsea and Tottenham.
The 3pm kick-off, which will be screened on BT Sport, also takes place on the same day as the London Marathon, which has prompted fears of travel delays.
It is thought that rules which prevent City from putting the tickets on open sale have also had an impact.
Tickets are only available to those who have a purchase history from the club.
City fan Andrew Heald, 54, believes the club are not at fault.
‘This is not City’s doing,’ he said. ‘It’s down to those who schedule the fixtures. I am a season card holder and was going to go down with a big group but we have decided against it. I’d booked a hotel for the Saturday night because I presumed, given City are the only team having to travel from the north, that we would be playing on the Saturday.
‘With it being on a Sunday and with the kids in school the next day, it’s just something we can’t do. The semi-finals should not be at Wembley anyway, but this has made it even worse.’
Both City and the FA declined to comment.
However, the FA’s head of professional game relations, Andy Ambler, recently went into detail on the reasons behind the scheduling of the semi-finals.
Ambler said that while transport and travel for fans are considered, the final decision lies with the broadcasters.
In this instance, the BBC had first pick and opted to choose the Chelsea v Tottenham match and a 5pm Saturday kick-off time.
A BBC spokesperson said: 'All kick off times are agreed in partnership with the FA. The police and the four clubs involved in this weekend’s ties also confirmed they are happy with the times.'
FA Cup semi-finals have been held exclusively at the new Wembley since 2008 which has prompted debate and some clamour for a return to traditional venues away from the capital.
However, the FA’s position is that Wembley’s 90,000-capacity ensures that more fans are enabled to watch their team.

Whatever reasons fans have for not buying a ticket poor communications can't be one of them. F**k sake if you wanted a ticket the details have been easily available.
And the club get slagged off on here for allsorts of nonsence but no booking fees and post included for online purchases saves us all about £4.
If we don't sell out then we are a joke and may get what we deserve.

your talking bollocks , ive been to 8 home games and never thought for a minute i would have a chance of a ticket , apparently we have over 40,000 season card holders , so you do the maths. The club have my e-mail , mobile number and my purchase history ,and if it wasnt for reading threads on Bluemoon i wouldnt have known tickets were on open sale , the club are quick enough to off load tickets to agencies for the tourist but can't drop me a text or e-mail ,. As for the booking fee , i will spend around £500 treating my family to a day out so you can shove the £4 booking fee where the sun doesnt shine

Whatever reasons fans have for not buying a ticket poor communications can't be one of them. F**k sake if you wanted a ticket the details have been easily available.
And the club get slagged off on here for allsorts of nonsence but no booking fees and post included for online purchases saves us all about £4.
If we don't sell out then we are a joke and may get what we deserve.
Think the club should have dropped the criteria much earlier plus really push the fact that others besides season ticket holders could get them

Probably right with this but they wouldn't have expected such slow sales. Plenty of people on here have metioned they have mates who aren't going who have been in the past, must be a reason.
Is it the end of the cup despite what the BBC try and tell us.
The Rags don't even parade cup on this seasons team photo, but parade the meaningless Community Shield.

The Rags don't even parade cup on this seasons team photo, but parade the meaningless Community Shield.

To be honest,I wouldn't know what the rags team photo looks like,never mind what trophies are on it!

There's a very strong smell here.

Same as ours but red not blue and with shitter footballers.
Seen one in the Post Office when Q'ing up

What a fucking non story this is! So with three days still to sell tickets we only have, whichever story you believe, either 1500 or 2000 tickets unsold. So we have sold at least 31000 tickets, for a game over 200 miles away, on a Sunday when traveling is a nightmare with reduced and extended train times and roadworks, with the London marathon thrown in for good measure. You couldn't make it up! Arsenal sold out.....Wow some achievement that when it is on their doorstep! The fan's should be congratulated not slated! Oh.......And unless I have missed something.........It could STILL sell out!!

What a fucking non story this is! So with three days still to sell tickets we only have, whichever story you believe, either 1500 or 2000 tickets unsold. So we have sold at least 31000 tickets, for a game over 200 miles away, on a Sunday when traveling is a nightmare with reduced and extended train times and roadworks, with the London marathon thrown in for good measure. You couldn't make it up! Arsenal sold out.....Wow some achievement that when it is on their doorstep! The fan's should be congratulated not slated! Oh.......And unless I have missed something.........It could STILL sell out!!

St Georges day too isn't it?
May be a shit load of patriotics knocking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.