Ticket Prices

View attachment 34161
for Saturday's game - in the family stand ffs!!! No doubt we will get the usual jibes about empty seats, but is it any fucking wonder - get a grip on reality city

Just to offer an alternative opinion.

You are watching the Champions League finalists and the current top 2 in the Prem League. You're also watching a team coached by the finest in Europe with players doing amazing things. This game will be watched by millions globally that would give their right arm to be there.... you can to, for only £63.

Apart from the Rags and the Dippers or PSG in the CL, games don't come much bigger than that and tickets will be in short supply, so why not charge that amount for a big game?

It's when City still charge the same against the smaller clubs, or shit kick off times or just before Xmas, etc that I have a problem with.

View attachment 34161
for Saturday's game - in the family stand ffs!!! No doubt we will get the usual jibes about empty seats, but is it any fucking wonder - get a grip on reality city
Sold out weeks ago, only seats available are exchange seats.

The bigger probblem for me is not charging £63 to see the 2 champions league finalists it's charging £53 to see us play teams in the relegation zone.

View attachment 34161
They are seriously taking the pee. I can't imagine paying these prices if I didn't have a season ticket?. So many clubs, including top clubs have far cheaper tickets. I really wish they'd get a grip.

Just to offer an alternative opinion.

You are watching the Champions League finalists and the current top 2 in the Prem League. You're also watching a team coached by the finest in Europe with players doing amazing things. This game will be watched by millions globally that would give their right arm to be there.... you can to, for only £63.

Apart from the Rags and the Dippers or PSG in the CL, games don't come much bigger than that and tickets will be in short supply, so why not charge that amount for a big game?

It's when City still charge the same against the smaller clubs, or shit kick off times or just before Xmas, etc that I have a problem with.
Not sure I agree Dave, although I get where you are coming from. As a non seasoncard supporter it’s not just £63 for Chelsea, it’s £63 for the rags, £63 for the dippers etc. Like many other Blues before me I am starting to be priced out, especially as I take my son to the games. Hopefully next season we can get hold of a pair of cheap seasoncards, which offer excellent value for money. But buying individual tickets for games really does add up.

Not sure I agree Dave, although I get where you are coming from. As a non seasoncard supporter it’s not just £63 for Chelsea, it’s £63 for the rags, £63 for the dippers etc. Like many other Blues before me I am starting to be priced out, especially as I take my son to the games. Hopefully next season we can get hold of a pair of cheap seasoncards, which offer excellent value for money. But buying individual tickets for games really does add up.
The games that are £63 (SSL) were £28 in before Cook bumped them up £8, £2 and £10 up to £48 in the space of 3/4 seasons. I used to have access cards for mates and buy them regularly for the big games at the front of SSL, but it ended in 2008/09 at the first bump up.

I imagine this point has already been made several times but from an empty seats perspective the best thing the club could do is to increase the season ticket price and reduce the match day price.

As a season ticket holder rmyself I'd be pissed off if they did that but it does make sense.

They are seriously taking the pee. I can't imagine paying these prices if I didn't have a season ticket?. So many clubs, including top clubs have far cheaper tickets. I really wish they'd get a grip.
I wouldn't pay more than 40 quid.
I have a season ticket.
But 63 quid .
No way

Luckily I’ve got season tickets.

If I’d made a last minute decision to take all the family as a ‘treat’ it would have cost me £355 !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.