Ticket Prices

I know the club keep back rows of tickets for corporate/ ticketing companies. Are those included in tickets sold? Even if they are empty.

for instance when I was in 107 there was about 3/4 rows of 6 seats that were never full, apart from bigger games. I’m only going off what I saw, but It didn’t look like 52,000, there was lots of empty seats around the ground.

im not bothered, but I’m wondering why so many people are buying tickets for games (tickets sold) and not turning up. It’s their choice, but we seem to affected by it more.

the club should prioritise filling the ground with cheaper seats, rather then focusing on revenue all the time.
Think there will always be some s/c that just miss some games and don’t bother re selling, though I guess as soon as the returned away blocks go on sale it’s harder for s/c seats to be re sold, for those that decide they can’t go late on.
I would expect it for mid weeks or even late Sunday kick offs. Find it odd for a Sat 3.00 though,even if it is Burnley. Not sure what can be done about that though, not sure anything really needs doing either. Does it matter that much.

I know the club keep back rows of tickets for corporate/ ticketing companies. Are those included in tickets sold? Even if they are empty.

for instance when I was in 107 there was about 3/4 rows of 6 seats that were never full, apart from bigger games. I’m only going off what I saw, but It didn’t look like 52,000, there was lots of empty seats around the ground.

im not bothered, but I’m wondering why so many people are buying tickets for games (tickets sold) and not turning up. It’s their choice, but we seem to affected by it more.

the club should prioritise filling the ground with cheaper seats, rather then focusing on revenue all the time.
I thought it was under 50k yesterday, but there is nothing the club can do if people just don't turn up.
Filling the ground might grow our future fan base but most clubs will focus on the short term to recoup money lost over 15 months without football.

Official attendance was 52,711 (BBC) which is tickets sold.
Capacity is about 54,500 allowing for segregation so we failed to sell fewer than 2,000 tickets even though the prices are ridiculous. If the ticket prices were more reasonable then the total revenue generated by non S/T sales would probably be less than we achieved yesterday, that is why the prices are kept high.
Extra fans may generate more income from bars and food, but if these services are concessions then the club won't see any extra income.
Football is ludicrously expensive and the cost increases over the past thirty years is probably four or five times inflation, but 52,711 against Burnley when the visitors returned around 1,000 tickets and in the aftermath of Covid is far more than I'd have anticipated at the start of the season.
The club could do a few cheap deals in the final days before games but that would piss off those who buy early, and would create chaos due to the current e-ticket situation.
We've had a thirty quid maximum for away fans in the PL for about ten seasons. We need similar consideration for home fans; but there's no chance we will get it.

Capacity is now less than 53000, front few rows have been removed

The majority of empty seats are usually from ‘no show’ season ticket holders. I would be amazed if many buy a match ticket and then fail to attend.

The seat next to me prior to this season was unoccupied for one third of all matches. It was held by a season ticket as it never showed up as available on the ticket planner.

One answer might be cheaper walk up tickets and more expensive season tickets. On reflection, those moaning about a few empty seats in a period of a major pandemic where thousands of season ticket holders have deferred for a season, should be ignored.

Think there will always be some s/c that just miss some games and don’t bother re selling, though I guess as soon as the returned away blocks go on sale it’s harder for s/c seats to be re sold, for those that decide they can’t go late on.
I would expect it for mid weeks or even late Sunday kick offs. Find it odd for a Sat 3.00 though,even if it is Burnley. Not sure what can be done about that though, not sure anything really needs doing either. Does it matter that much.

From experience some S/T just will not sell. I have probably put mine on sale 8-10 times and it has never sold.

I have to say Ive struggled this year to get to matches. 500 mile round trip and with fuel prices and a few personal engagements, typically, in Mcr on non-footballing weekends has stretched the petrol money purse. Will come up for Palace but its 80-90 quid with fuel costs before the cost of my season ticket, food, using the toll etc. Probably with an increase in living costs and a recession looming arguably not the best way to spend money.

From experience some S/T just will not sell. I have probably put mine on sale 8-10 times and it has never sold.

I have to say Ive struggled this year to get to matches. 500 mile round trip and with fuel prices and a few personal engagements, typically, in Mcr on non-footballing weekends has stretched the petrol money purse. Will come up for Palace but its 80-90 quid with fuel costs before the cost of my season ticket, food, using the toll etc. Probably with an increase in living costs and a recession looming arguably not the best way to spend money.
Selling depends on the game, time and where it is. Singles on the third tier, and even multiples now, have always struggled to sell.

Pairs on lower two tiers normally sell, however they would need to be put on in good time, and if you list 2 or 3, someone cab buy just one, and it could the middle one.

Most lower tier tickets had sold approaching Friday evening for Burnley, but there was a serge of listings that evening and even more on in the morning.

Looking at the unsold tickets, either by the club or the ticket exchange resale, you realise what everyone knew, most people don't want to be on the third tier. If you list a single on the third tier there are only 3 games when the is a high likelihood of selling.

Selling depends on the game, time and where it is. Singles on the third tier, and even multiples now, have always struggled to sell.

Pairs on lower two tiers normally sell, however they would need to be put on in good time, and if you list 2 or 3, someone cab buy just one, and it could the middle one.

Most lower tier tickets had sold approaching Friday evening for Burnley, but there was a serge of listings that evening and even more on in the morning.

Looking at the unsold tickets, either by the club or the ticket exchange resale, you realise what everyone knew, most people don't want to be on the third tier. If you list a single on the third tier there are only 3 games when the is a high likelihood of selling.

Yes, fully aware its not everyones dream to sit at the back of the third tier and was not complaining just highlighting, that there are reasons why tickets are empty don’t and also why people don’t bother to list on the exchange. If the resale price people have quoted on here for SSL3 tickets are accurate I can hardly blame people for not bothering. For me its the only season ticket viable after accounting for petrol costs.

Yes, fully aware its not everyones dream to sit at the back of the third tier and was not complaining just highlighting, that there are reasons why tickets are empty don’t and also why people don’t bother to list on the exchange. If the resale price people have quoted on here for SSL3 tickets are accurate I can hardly blame people for not bothering. For me its the only season ticket viable after accounting for petrol costs.
I find the current system for resales a bit baffling. The last time I successfully went on the ticket exchange I got a £19 rebate for my next renewal. I don’t know what it would have sold for in Block 232.

That points to a flaw in the resale plan. If the club cannot recoup the amount that they credit to the holder, it is not their financial interests for the sale to go ahead. It would be easy to sell my seat at £19 but less so for a full priced season ticket. My seat would have to be priced at something like £60? The system is something of a straight jacket which leads to a ridiculous situation of tickets two seats apart selling for, say, £30 and £54.

I found it much easier to sell using the former Viagogo system where I could set the price I was prepared to sell at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.