Ticket Prices

What's weird is that City's season ticket prices are looking cheap. We have London prices for match-day tickets with massive disparity between seats bought on a match by match basis and those bought by season ticket.

You know what happens next don't you?

Comes to something when I am having to consider taking my season ticket back up next season after deferment simply due to affordability.

Covid has killed my cash flow, but buying tickets in an individual basis for 50 per cent of the games for me and my lad so far has already been brutal.

Thing is, I have no interest anymore in attending midweek games or Sundays against the dross of this league, the transport hurdles which already exist in so many cases.

Had my eyes opened as to why people buy season tickets and then there are still so many empty seats. It is cheaper not to attend.

The Club at the very least, should make the entire North Stand a set price of say £30 a ticket and £15 for kids, with no season tickets in there whatsoever, available for match by match basis only.
All true, but none of this is new, and has been the case for years. Thing is though these £60 games will sell out except for some exchange tickets. The games that don't are the cheaper £40 games, so while I agree with you would reducing the price to £30 sell many more tickets for the £40 games?
A season ticket will always be cheaper if you are going to more than half the games, which is the cause of the majority of empty seats, because s/c holders can afford to miss a few games and still save money on matchday, so I'd make s/c a bit dearer,which will cause an outcry, and make matchday tickets cheaper, or my preference introduce a scheme where you get discount the more matchday tickets you buy.

The club are making a big mistake as there will be tons of kids who’s parents are priced out from taking them.

We need the next generation to get on board and support City for us to overtake the Rags in the long term.

The club seem more arsed about making a quick buck and a profit now than ensuring this happens.
Spot on and it's a point I've made to them on more than one occasion.

The only way around this is to expand the ground but to do that you'd have to change the ticket prices.

I don't think City have any intention of doing so because we've been in this situation for a while and not done it.
Spot on and it's a point I've made to them on more than one occasion.
If tickets were cheaper the ground would be sold out weeks in advance.

The City Group needs to expand the Etihad.

All true, but none of this is new, and has been the case for years. Thing is though these £60 games will sell out except for some exchange tickets. The games that don't are the cheaper £40 games, so while I agree with you would reducing the price to £30 sell many more tickets for the £40 games?
A season ticket will always be cheaper if you are going to more than half the games, which is the cause of the majority of empty seats, because s/c holders can afford to miss a few games and still save money on matchday, so I'd make s/c a bit dearer,which will cause an outcry, and make matchday tickets cheaper, or my preference introduce a scheme where you get discount the more matchday tickets you buy.
I agree with this but I don't think there's room to increase the seasoncard prices. For an £800 sc then that works out at £42 per game, so for individual games then you're looking at something like £55 for Cat A games (x6), £42.50 for Cat B games (x6), £30 for Cat C games (x7) and that's being generous with the Category splits in my view, I think there's more than 7 Cat C games. If Cat A games are being sold at £65 before the £5 Cityzen discount then that sounds about right to me. Putting SCs up would drive people to go Cityzen instead and cause more empty seats and reduce the club's revenue.

I do agree with having a discount scheme whereby people get a reduction in price if they buy certain game packages, therefore attracting people to (eg) buy for Chelsea but with a good discount for the following less-attractive (sorry Brentford) following game. It may even cost people less to buy games this way but of course they may not be guaranteed a seat for the big games.

What's weird is that City's season ticket prices are looking cheap. We have London prices for match-day tickets with massive disparity between seats bought on a match by match basis and those bought by season ticket.

You know what happens next don't you?
City win the League?

Have we actually sold out a league game early this season?

All games seem to be on sale till just before kick off

presuming they are people who’ve put their ST’s on ticket exchange, but still, something sold out well in advance creates a buzz, the current method is pretty deflating.

Genuinely preferred it when they used a 3rd party for ticket exchange

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.