Ticket Prices

I've been an armchair fan since 2014, ticket prices have become ridiculous. As an average working man I can't justify spending approx. £100 including expenses to watch football. The game is completely out of touch with your average fan.
I agree it's an expensive hobby but everyone puts a different value on these things. For me it's the only costly hobby I have and I get time to spend it with a good mate and my grown up kids so I deem it worthwhile. Even though I'm quite comfortable financially now - and that wasn't always the case - I still get surprised at what people will pay for cars, houses, clothes and supposedly better 'experiences' at a football game so am clearly still putting a value on things. I don't judge them though, that's their decisions. I just don't think there is an average fan any more.

I agree it's an expensive hobby but everyone puts a different value on these things. For me it's the only costly hobby I have and I get time to spend it with a good mate and my grown up kids so I deem it worthwhile. Even though I'm quite comfortable financially now - and that wasn't always the case - I still get surprised at what people will pay for cars, houses, clothes and supposedly better 'experiences' at a football game so am clearly still putting a value on things. I don't judge them though, that's their decisions. I just don't think there is an average fan any more.

average fan - I’d say someone on a average wage. Most of Manchester comes under that. Match day ticketin particular price out lots of fans. I can’t afford/ justify 50/60 quid tickets.

you make a comparison and mention clothes, cars, housing. You shouldn’t have to give up those things (within reason) in order to go to football.

It should be affordable for everyone. I don’t have expensive hobbies, don’t really drink, don’t smoke and try and save what I have, I can’t justify paying those prices.

price tickets sensibly and give everyone a chance or price out locals, young people and the next generation of fans. I know what I’d rather do

There are hardly any seats left. It's the same every game. They are priced to get the max revenue. If they sold out a week before KO, City would think they haven't charged enough.

City know they could have 60,000 crowds if they want but I assume they don't want to pay for the ground expansion.
Being honest, even when its full, its not full.
We have a problem filling our ground and pricing is a factor

though i would say access to the area also plays a huge part

Comes to something when I am having to consider taking my season ticket back up next season after deferment simply due to affordability.

Covid has killed my cash flow, but buying tickets in an individual basis for 50 per cent of the games for me and my lad so far has already been brutal.

Thing is, I have no interest anymore in attending midweek games or Sundays against the dross of this league, the transport hurdles which already exist in so many cases.

Had my eyes opened as to why people buy season tickets and then there are still so many empty seats. It is cheaper not to attend.

The Club at the very least, should make the entire North Stand a set price of say £30 a ticket and £15 for kids, with no season tickets in there whatsoever, available for match by match basis only.

me and 2 of my mates have 3 together in SSL3

I regularly can’t make games with my job doing shifts, let them use it to take their kids etc.

Still works out miles cheaper than buying on a per game basis.

With the online ticket transfer as well you don’t even need to physically hand your card over.

average fan - I’d say someone on a average wage. Most of Manchester comes under that. Match day ticketin particular price out lots of fans. I can’t afford/ justify 50/60 quid tickets.

you make a comparison and mention clothes, cars, housing. You shouldn’t have to give up those things (within reason) in order to go to football.

It should be affordable for everyone. I don’t have expensive hobbies, don’t really drink, don’t smoke and try and save what I have, I can’t justify paying those prices.

price tickets sensibly and give everyone a chance or price out locals, young people and the next generation of fans. I know what I’d rather do
As I said earlier, there is only around a fiver difference between match day tickets and season card prices (per match) where I sit, so it's more complex to me. Unfortunately going to Premier League football isn't one of life's essentials and City have tried to address that by offering a cheaper Value ticket which averages under a twenty per game and I don't begrudge paying more than double what the guy next to me pays (who just happens to be on one of those tickets) - although I expect these are limited. That said you can't run a business selling at a price that everyone can pay, you'll go bust. The club are selling near enough every ticket at the prices now, though not everyone turns up and reducing seasoncard prices alone would make that worse - it would need to be coupled with attendance management which would risk further erosion of the number of sc holders.

Like I said, I have been there, having to count every penny in my pocket, so I do understand the frustration but it won't change soon unless the bubble bursts.

It's not only football pricing people and fans out. Liam Gallagher and Ed Sheeran at the Etihad this year.

It seems the leisure industry, be it sporting, concerts, and events of any kind are determined to squeeze as much money out of people as they can.

Gone are the days when artists and the leisure and entertainment industry in general gave a shit about people and fans. No wonder it's a multi-billion pound industry, where people will pay what they have to buy a ticket and watch their idols. It's a business after all, so the bottom line is making as much money as possible out of people and fans. Especially as people are desperate to escape the soul destroying COVID pandemic for a couple of hours of (supposed) normality and joy.

Screenshot-20220111-104600.png

Screenshot-20220111-103407.png

This is all true but after away fans, and City season ticket holders, there aren't many seats left so city price to fill the ground and from that perspective they do it right.

The only answer to this problem is to expand the ground and adapt the pricing but we didn't do that so I can only assume that this is not a priority for city's owner.

Twenty's Plenty died a death, more and clubs even in league 2 charging £25 for away fans.

Even with £30 in the PL it just meant that clubs charged home fans more or reduced away allocations.

Expanding the ground would be a nonsense vanity project at the moment, can't see it happening this decade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.