Ticket Prices

Why not offer a family season ticket - 2 adults and 2 children for circa £1200?

The kids are essentially coming for free and the club gets a hold of four regulars.

Even a matchday family ticket for £100?

Families would be more inclined to club together, grandparents, mums and dads, to justify the costs.

This is all true but after away fans, and City season ticket holders, there aren't many seats left so city price to fill the ground and from that perspective they do it right.

The only answer to this problem is to expand the ground and adapt the pricing but we didn't do that so I can only assume that this is not a priority for city's owner.

The other answer is to limit season ticket holders across three stands.

Keep one for individual match purposes only.

me and 2 of my mates have 3 together in SSL3

I regularly can’t make games with my job doing shifts, let them use it to take their kids etc.

Still works out miles cheaper than buying on a per game basis.

With the online ticket transfer as well you don’t even need to physically hand your card over.

I do understand it's cheaper, but you do also have to make that financial commitment for ten months.

Myself, and probably lots of other people, may live month to month, or don't have a stable income (self employed), so you make a decision at the time to attend when it best suits your pocket, rather than fretting about the rolling direct debit you are signed up to?

If I am purchasing on a per-game basis, I have already made that decision to attend. Transferring an unused season ticket seat to somebody else would invariably mean being out of pocket, anyhow, as you don't charge family/mates/kids/or the ticket could still remain unsold on the ticketing exchange.

This is my main argument, the season tickets are miles cheaper but only for the section of support who can afford to pay up front or commit for the ten months, which is probably why that same cross-section of people may not really sweat it/pick or chose when that seat becomes occupied?

If you make something too cheap, it becomes less desirable, it can be easily disposed of or unused.

In this case, a season-ticket seat.

I think the club finds itself in a difficult trade off. They don't want to piss off the 40,000 people who can avail themselves of cheaper season-ticketing.

That's still 13k below capacity and we are seeing less away fans even bother turning up for us to school them.

There may come a time where they have to take the calculated risk of insisting season tickets are only available in three stands and try and build up the fourth stand through innovative pricing which ensures a new generation can attend.

I've never taken my lad to an away game outside of Wembley. I would kill to let him see what a proper away day is like, but I know that option is closed off to me despite 11k loyalty points and 25 years before being able to buy a season ticket.

Make the North Stand lower safe standing, £300 season tickets and £25 per game match tickets in there.

Keep everything else to £30-£40-£50 options for elsewhere, £50 being the posher padded seats, £30 for majority, £40 for near half way line.

Guarantee it sells out every week and the club still turns enough profit.

Make the North Stand lower safe standing, £300 season tickets and £25 per game match tickets in there.

Keep everything else to £30-£40-£50 options for elsewhere, £50 being the posher padded seats, £30 for majority, £40 for near half way line.

Guarantee it sells out every week and the club still turns enough profit.

That’s to sensible. The club would never listen to that.

We have to take into account deferrals, Covid cases, personal circumstances, and people who pick and choose their matches.

Bar United, maybe Liverpool in April, and the last game of the season if City are PL Champions, we won’t have another proper sell out this season.

Video of Mahrez getting a huge reception from school kids in Cameroon, so lovely to see.

Scroll down to the comments, and there are kids in Africa taking the piss saying City have no fans in the stadium!

I came across some prick in Budapest from Holland who support FC fucking Twente who said City have no fans in the stadium.

As much as people might write it off as football "bants" from fans of other English clubs, the impression is catching on around the world. City are the plastic club with no fans.

How the club value a few mil on the bottom line each season by charging £50 plus for a one-off game against cannon fodder, plus the rip-off £35 "membership", over the reputational damage done by the empty seats it causes, is beyond me.

£30 against Wolves, with no membership fee is plenty. Fill the ground, be more proactive in celebrating our loyal fan base and squash the bull shit with facts, win hearts and minds around the world. That's got to be worth more in the long run than a few extra quid in short term revenue.

Even better idea for us lot is pay us for creating what little atmosphere there is. Telly lot want atmosphere......it's a "product"

Include Eccles Blue for her efforts in sleepy stand ;)
Thank you @mancityvstoke I shall keep up the good work as long as I am able.

Have to admit that sometimes after my yelling and shouting I get a coughing fit and have to have a drink of my bottle of water.....so do you think instead of paying me they would let me take in a bottle because £2.50 is a lot to pay for that cardboard box drink they use now instead of a bottle. It is smaller capacity as well. :-)

Thank you @mancityvstoke I shall keep up the good work as long as I am able.

Have to admit that sometimes after my yelling and shouting I get a coughing fit and have to have a drink of my bottle of water.....so do you think instead of paying me they would let me take in a bottle because £2.50 is a lot to pay for that cardboard box drink they use now instead of a bottle. It is smaller capacity as well. :-)
smuggle one in......I won't suggest where

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.