Ticket Prices

My season ticket in SSL1 works out at £35 a match. Not the cheapest, but certainly affordable for City fans looking for a match ticket if I couldn’t go or if I could’t be be arsed going.

Without season tickets I doubt we would get much over 20k charging £42+ for Brentford on a cold Tuesday evening.

It would be like when we charged £25 for Arsenal reserves in the league cup in 2004, which is £41 in real terms, and got 21k and loads pulled out the cup scheme on the back of it.
Are you being serious?

We wouldn’t get over 20,000 if season tickets were abolished and those seats were on open sale priced at previous season ticket prices. See above, £35!

Last edited:
And they can still do that. They just buy their seats as soon as they go on sale. The vast majority of fans will still get their seats each game.

The club could give current season ticket holders a 48 window to buy their seats first. After that they go on open sale. There are many ways this can be done.

How many times have people on here complained about season ticket holders seats being left empty because they were £299 and the season ticket holder couldn’t be arsed going to certain matches. There are 1000’s of City fans who would buy a seat at season ticket prices if they were on open sale.

They days of City rewarding loyalty are long over. Fans have been moved all over the stadium to make way for new hospitality areas. Away points have been abolished. Platinum and cup schemes have been introduced to drive revenue, not to reward loyalty. PL Season ticket holders pick and choose their cup schemes and cup matches.

All season tickets do is guarantee revenue before the start of the new season for the club, which is banked. Once the season starts the club doesn’t care if those season ticket seats are filled or not as the money is already in the bank.

I still think for me having more flexible purchasing options could be a possible would way forward.

There will be many blues buying season tickets knowing full well they cannot for example make most midweek games. Before events in life take over that is almost a guaranteed empty seats.

If you could load up your season ticket at the start of the season with the matches you can attend. It would hoghlight to the club those matches were less subscribed which could then be reflected in the ticket prices to reflect demand.

Further more you could also have more season ticket holders, by virtue of some will not want to go every match and therefore more availability of tickets.

If the club gave me the option I would drop the Season ticket for 19 matches and purchase a lesser number of games. As it stands the matches I cannot go appear on ticket exchange, at a ridiculous price, and dont sell.

I still think for me having more flexible purchasing options could be a possible would way forward.

There will be many blues buying season tickets knowing full well they cannot for example make most midweek games. Before events in life take over that is almost a guaranteed empty seats.

If you could load up your season ticket at the start of the season with the matches you can attend. It would hoghlight to the club those matches were less subscribed which could then be reflected in the ticket prices to reflect demand.

Further more you could also have more season ticket holders, by virtue of some will not want to go every match and therefore more availability of tickets.

If the club gave me the option I would drop the Season ticket for 19 matches and purchase a lesser number of games. As it stands the matches I cannot go appear on ticket exchange, at a ridiculous price, and dont sell.

TBH, like many City fans, I have missed matches due to work, ill health, personal issues, and I went through a brief phase of being disillusioned with football. Many fans have. I never went to those games. My seat remained empty.

I don’t use the ticket exchange as I don’t agree with how the club run it, and what they make from it. It benefits the club, not the fans. It’s skewed in the clubs favour. I’d be happy to give my empty seat away, or sell it for £20, but the club won’t let me do that.

Are you being serious?

We wouldn’t get over 20,000 if season tickets were abolished, and those seats were on open sale priced at previous season ticket prices. See above, £35!
Why are you assuming the club will cut prices? Even at £35 most would be forking out £70 or more just on tickets, and if you can pick and chose you don't chose Brentford on a week night in Feb. Most will just fuck it off and wait for a weekend game.

21,708 v Arsenal and that is with cup scheme automatic purchases.

13,912 v Brum under Keegan before cup scheme incentives.

The fan base has grown since the Keegan era, but we haven't had a game where everyone needs to actually purchase a ticket a match day prices in almost 20 years. The last one was a big FA Game v Liverpool when they brought 5k and 23k home fans.

Why are you assuming the club will cut prices? Even at £35 most would be forking out £70 or more just on tickets, and if you can pick and chose you don't chose Brentford on a week night in Feb. Most will just fuck it off and wait for a weekend game.

21,708 v Arsenal and that is with cup scheme automatic purchases.

13,912 v Brum under Keegan before cup scheme incentives.

The fan base has grown since the Keegan era, but we haven't had a game where everyone needs to actually purchase a ticket a match day prices in almost 20 years. The last one was a big FA Game v Liverpool when they brought 5k and 23k home fans.

So 2 adult tickets for £70 is unreasonable? The current alternative is currently £84 for Brentford in SL1. Not a huge saving, but still £14 cheaper.

I’ve just revisited the seat planner. There are still 102 seats available in 327 priced at £65 for an adult for the Chelsea match. 36 seats have been sold since I last had a look this Afternoon.

Just like Burnley and Barnsley in the FA Cup, we’ll probably get close to or over 50,000 for Fulham, because of the cheap ticket prices.

If Brentford on a week night in February was also priced cheaply or correctly, we’d get a much bigger crowd, instead of…….

83-F6512-A-232-F-4-DAC-9705-721-E9-CB58-E8-E.png

Does anyone remember that fat cockney/southern **** with the sudehead who used to always rock up in the away pub without a ticket, but then always tried to lowball:chisel fellow blues?
Pre the £30 cap he’d turn up at say Fulham or Birmingham where they’d charged us £45 and refuse to pay more than a fiver or a tenner for a spare?
I had two spares at West Brom one afternoon because my two mates’ (brothers) dad had died the night before.
The **** waddles over and tries his usual cheapskate trick, tenner the pair and not a penny more.
I got my lighter out and set fire to them in front of the cheap ****, wished him good luck, told him to fuck off and gave the two lads face value when I got home.
Their dad would have approved

So 2 adult tickets for £70 is unreasonable? The current alternative is currently £84 for Brentford in SL1. Not a huge saving, but still £14 cheaper.

I’ve just revisited the seat planner. There are still 102 seats available in 327 priced at £65 for an adult for the Chelsea match. 36 seats have been sold since I last had a look this Afternoon.

Just like Burnley and Barnsley in the FA Cup, we’ll probably get close to or over 50,000 for Fulham, because of the cheap ticket prices.

If Brentford on a week night in February was also priced cheaply or correctly, we’d get a much bigger crowd, instead of…….

City fans are notorious for buying tickets at the last minute, it will sell out I reckon.
Totally agree with you regarding ticket prices, last time I was home vs Arsenal it cost me £93 for a senior and junior, bought them because there were no upgrades for that game.

As I said at £42+.

Currently the median ST PPM is just over £39 but with platinum it is almost £42.

Even when matches are massively discounted, like £9 for Fulham in the LC with £1 under 18s, that was built on a solid foundation of automatic cup scheme sales, was at half term and we got 35k. There isn't the demand at any price for some games, and scrapping season tickets is guaranteed to reduce revenue significantly and the club will never do it.

City sold out the Chelsea game a month ago and there are just ticket exchange resales and a clump that have just been released in one block now, which like every game get reduced to £30 nearer to the kick off if there are any left. In terms of maximising revenue the pricing is actually working even if we do end up with 20 tickets unsold, and I don't agree with the horrific prices, but if it my job and bonus on the line I would do the same or find another job quickly.

a lot of the seats are not sold. There are literally rows of seats that the club keep back/ give to corporate packages that don’t sell. They are unavailable to the public
So why the he'll don't the club release these 24/48 hours before the game? The corporates have reduced pressure to sell, the club make a few Bob extra and more fans get to see the game.
And why are we pushing corporate travel companies if there really are loads of City fans who want those seats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.