Ticket Prices

Bit like why on the Cup Scheme for the FA Cup I;m paying £15 for my seat as a ST and Cup Scheme member.

But a Student can walk in off the street and get a ticket for a tenner?
is it a tenner now ???
shock horror

where i work

a bloke who's wife worked at tameside college used to get them for £5,before she reitired

that was 10 years ago though.

i lost my shit with a "student " when we played leipzig in the champs league,stood there behind me doing a running commentary for them,when asked,he freely said Im a united fan,got a ticket cheaper than me ,while im on all 3 cup schemes,more fool me .

The £30 price cap for aways needs extending to home games. Hopefully safe standing (which might lead to increased capacity) aids this.

The pricing for Fulham is the great, the pricing for Sporting isn't far off and the Brentford reduction is welcome.

Take the Fulham game for example, they'll make far more money at the shop, bar and food because people have paid a lot less for tickets. I'd love to know how much more money they take in those areas than usual.

Last edited:
Yes well done for reducing them , but shows they were to expensive in the first place .
True mate. The original prices were too expensive

Setting the ticket prices must be fairly tricky I guess because £25 for Brentford seems fairer but the peole sat around for the PSG game had paid £270 (probably to some agency).

A fairer pricing structure might range from £25 to £50 (outside corporate / premium) depending on whether the game is on a weekend or midweek and if the opposition have sold out their 3 tiers.

Last edited:
Full my arse, Marvin.

There are at least between 5k- 8k empty seats for most games outside of the traditional big games.

Rows upon rows in some cases.
One obvious response here is that is that season tickets are far too cheap so that people buy them for the big games and don't turn up for lesser matches.

It is clear to be that empty seats are little to do with unsold tickets but 'no shows' by season ticket holders.

Be very careful what you ask for.

One obvious response here is that is that season tickets are far too cheap so that people buy them for the big games and don't turn up for lesser matches.

It is clear to be that empty seats are little to do with unsold tickets but 'no shows' by season ticket holders.

The two season card seats next to me are owned by a husband and wife who only turn up for half a dozen games a season, and these are in block 104 at about £800 each
And worse than that, they appeared for the Chelsea game and left with five minutes to go

March TV fixtures were meant to be announced on the 24th but already 1 day late - usually ends up being a few days after...
Bloody infuriating when trying to plan (and get best price for) travel and accommodation, they should be able to plan a Derby slot more than 6 weeks in advance...

Sorry but what Universe are you living in where the £800+ a year I pay for a ST at the top of EL3 be considered cheap?

I often hear about the £325 ST, but aren't they random singles to fill up gaps and so for anyone going to the game with mates not much use. It would be interesting to know how many of the cheaper seats are only used for the bigger games, or as I used to see in and outside the Summerbee bar, being flogged by touts who buy the cheap Season Tickets and only need to sell them for 4-5 big games a season to make their money back.

Around me it's the ST holders who actually show up. There are blocks of seats that City seem to hive off to ticket firms to flog. Some games they are well populated, but many a game there can be multiple blocks of 4-6 tickets sitting there unused.

Another problem we have is that if your ST ticket costs around £40 a game and you can't make a game and place on the ticket exchange, City pop it back on the web, for sale at £70 + and all games, no matter how crap the opposition is are charged at the same price. Until recently, when we are finally seeing Brentford tickets for cheaper prices.

A simpler option would be to ask ST holders to 'opt-in' for each game and if they can't make it, the ticket goes onto the Exchange at a small markup over the ST price.....and taking action against those ST holders who are touting.

Unfortunately us British will moan, but still pay. We have zee Germans to thank for the £30 away tickets

Brentford tickets have been reduced, £25 now behind goal (£42 originally) and £10 for U18.

All other areas reduced, £30 down the sides bar tier 2.
Thanks for the heads up as I hadn't seen that.

The seat next to mine in SS3 has been deferred I think and last week I told my daughter that it was available for £42 but even though she is loaded she declined to pay that much (being tight is a major reason why she has a lot of money). It was still available but as it is now £25 she was more than happy with that.

Great for her but what about the thousands of people that paid the original prices? She would have been gutted if she had bought at £42 but then seen they had been reduced to £25.

Thanks for the heads up as I hadn't seen that.

The seat next to mine in SS3 has been deferred I think and last week I told my daughter that it was available for £42 but even though she is loaded she declined to pay that much (being tight is a major reason why she has a lot of money). It was still available but as it is now £25 she was more than happy with that.

Great for her but what about the thousands of people that paid the original prices? She would have been gutted if she had bought at £42 but then seen they had been reduced to £25.
It has happened in some form every game this season bar Chelsea, most games have been reduced to £30 across the board when only singles are left some time in the last week, but any on ticket exchange are sold for full price.

Agree it isn't great on those who buy early, and it isn't publicised which is why I posted it. The majority will pay full price every game, but how many will continue to buy in advance? I know I would be waiting every game getting cheap one or passing over if not. There are only 3 games unlikely to discounted Chelsea, MUnited and Pool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.