Ticket Prices

£5

They have it all wrong from a buisness point of view
The core fan base can't aford these prices & if all we offer them are cheap tickets for Fulham & last minute discount for Brentford the fans of the future will stay at home with a fire stick & a crate of Stellar for £10
If we don't dramatically review all ticket prices the chickens will come home to roost over the next 10 years
There is a tiping point & that point has well & trully passsed

i agree. Our core local support is now relying on cheap games to see city. You can see that. The cup game was full of families, young people and groups. For league games it’s mainly middle aged men/ people who can afford it.

long term it’s the complete wrong approach. The next generation of fans arent going. It’s a completely short term/ money driven idea. 10/20 years down the line we’ll have a group of city fans that are used to not going regularly

Last edited:
I'm shocked that we're selling tickets at £60+ for a league game. My games work out at just under £35 per match as a season card holder. With this match on sky, live streaming etcetera I'm amazed they sell at this price.
Had a look on the ticket website yesterday.
Paid £20 for a ticket in East Stand Level 3 for Fulham a fortnight ago, same seat for Spurs tomorrow is £63!!
One was an FA Cup match and one a Prem match I know, but an increase of over 300%!!
People will say seeing a 'big' group at the Manchester Arena is often approx that price but a lot of groups often tour no more than every 3/4 years tops (often less). We play at home every couple of weeks.
It has been said many times on here, but if ticket sales make up such a small percentage of our income why do we have to price so many fans out of watching us by charging such prices?

i agree. Our core local support is now relying on cheap games to see city. You can see that. The cup game was full of families, young people and groups. For league games it’s mainly middle aged men/ people who can afford it.

long term it’s the complete wrong approach. The next generation of fans arent going. It’s a completely short term/ money driven idea
City's season ticket base grows old because hardly anyone is stupid enough to let their tickets lapse. The churn rate on season tickets is tiny.

As to whether it's the wrong or right approach, that depends on your objective. If you want to the run club with a priority based on fans budgets then its wrong but City are a commercial football club, and so revenue is centre-stage, hence city set ticket prices to fill the ground and take the maximum revenue in doing so.

The only way the two strategies meet is if City expand the ground, then seat prices will have to fall.

Paid £20 for a ticket in East Stand Level 3 for Fulham a fortnight ago, same seat for Spurs tomorrow is £63!!
One was an FA Cup match and one a Prem match I know, but an increase of over 300%!!
People will say seeing a 'big' group at the Manchester Arena is often approx that price but a lot of groups often tour no more than every 3/4 years tops (often less). We play at home every couple of weeks.
It has been said many times on here, but if ticket sales make up such a small percentage of our income why do we have to price so many fans out of watching us by charging such prices?
because they can. We're owned by Billionaires not charity. Yes they could if they wanted take a loss but that's not in the nature of capital.

You all know this so why do we have these silly discussions all the time? Why don't City lower the prices cos it's not fair on fans? Well why don't Tesco reduce their prices?

Yes going to watch a group live is usually a one off treat or maybe once a year if you are really keen.

As I get older the lure of live games dims. Possibly as I go alone so that buzz of meeting up for a pre/post match pint isn't there. I just want to get there and back as quickly as possible and the shit transport and often poor weather doesn't help. If you'd have said I'd ever feel that way when I was younger I'd have said you were mad but there you go.

I'm not sure what the future is for match going fans in years to come. Will it have the same appeal and lure for tomorrow's kids? Who knows

because they can. We're owned by Billionaires not charity. Yes they could if they wanted take a loss but that's not in the nature of capital.

You all know this so why do we have these silly discussions all the time? Why don't City lower the prices cos it's not fair on fans? Well why don't Tesco reduce their prices?

Tesco have done. They have got their market share back and are Britains biggest food retailer.

Their club card prices are great. I use the club card as much as I can. My partner hates Tescos, but even she is getting a club card. Whether club card is swizz and the prices would be the same without feeling you have to have a club card to get those items at those prices, we’ll never know. But club card works as I always see people using it when I go into a Tesco. Without the club card offers I wouldn’t buy those products at their normal prices.

Apart from United and Liverpool, maybe Chelsea, a large part of our support won’t pay £60+ ticket prices for the Spurs match, even though they would love to be at the match. Especially as it’s on TV.

Total adjusted retail operating profit4 £1,386m, +16.6% at constant rates

· UK & ROI adjusted operating profit £1,318m, +16.5% due to higher sales and lower COVID-19 costs, part offset by YoY effect of last year's £249m business rates relief (repaid in H2 last year)

Why take part in this " silly discussion then"
Many price reductions in Tesco plus they put the yellow stickers on at 4 pm pure bargain
City can charge what they want and they will
That's why thousands of tickets were left for Brentford game and hundreds left for tomorow
That's why thousands of City fans & there families will watch the game in there house & why loads of mates will watch it in the pub
And why the atmosphere comes in for criticism
City's ticket policy has driven thousands of fans away & are driving thousands more slowly but surely away from watching City live
They would not make a loss at having a sensible sustainable ticket policy
Wonder when the first £100 ticket At the Etihad will be and how many will be queing up to get one

Wrong analogy. Football fans in the main will shop anywhere but will stay loyal to their one football club. Most of the posters on this subject are showing genuine concern for future supporters of Manchester City which is more commendable than the I'm alright Jack attitude shown on here. When I first started watching City it was around 20p to stand on the Kippax and you went with your mates not your Dad. The big games were usually all ticket and away games again usually pay on the gate. All seater modern stadiums are great but to continue a legacy the young City or football supporter has to experience the raw excitement of attending games which in turn will ensure their match going loyalty. City fans known for their gallows humour and self deprecation have now turned into factions. We used to mock the rags for their tourist fans and Sky tv sports package but the time is fast approaching when a home game at the Etihad is more accessible to someone living in Germany a fan from Gorton.

Why take part in this " silly discussion then"
Many price reductions in Tesco plus they put the yellow stickers on at 4 pm pure bargain
City can charge what they want and they will
That's why thousands of tickets were left for Brentford game and hundreds left for tomorow
That's why thousands of City fans & there families will watch the game in there house & why loads of mates will watch it in the pub
And why the atmosphere comes in for criticism
City's ticket policy has driven thousands of fans away & are driving thousands more slowly but surely away from watching City live
They would not make a loss at having a sensible sustainable ticket policy
Wonder when the first £100 ticket At the Etihad will be and how many will be queing up to get one
Your missing the point completely those tickets on sale are season ticket holders listing on the exchange they are sold once already the club dont care if they sell again or not as they've had the money. Look at the attendance for Brentford 52k with more empty seats in away end than the home. 500 at most unsold seats In the home end not thousands. You could pick Brentford tickets up for £15. Yet they didn't sell out. Tickets for the big games sell out at £63+.

The problem isn't prices its that we have a hardcore of 40-45k and then the possibly same again in casual fans lots of the latter aren't bothered about going to Brentford on a night and wouldn't go if there ticket was free, but are quite happy to pay £63+ for a big game.

Last edited:
Your missing the point completely those tickets on sale are season ticket holders listing on the exchange they are sold once already the club dont care if they sell again or not as they've had the money. Look at the attendance for Brentford 52k with more empty seats in away end than the home. 500 at most unsold seats In the home end not thousands.
The point is ticket prices are ridiculously high unless you a season ticket holder
Families & fans of the future are priced out
£240 for a family tomorow !!!!!
Season ticket holders only need to go to between 6 or 8 games and they are quids in
Heaven knows what the fan base will be like in 2 years never mind 10 years time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.