Ticket Prices

With thousands of unsold tickets for the Brentford game & hundreds of tickets still left for the Spurs game it is time City had a radical rethink about ticket prices especially in this harsh economical climate
For games like Brentford, Norwich,Burnley & most night games £Twenty is Plenty
They sometimes reduce prices in the week or two before a game but should price acordingly in advance & let kids in for a fiver or even a quid for some games
£50 for pensioners tomorow is a pi*s take
Many season ticket holders pick & choose what games they go to ( no problem with that)
But as others have said on here it would be better for season tickets holders to "opt in" for the games they want to see so then there seat can be sold on in advance ( & not at daft prices)
Loads of mixed views on here about ticket prices but doing nothing is not an option as eletrick, gas & water bills as well as rising food prices & a hike in petrol prices are going to force many fans to prioritise what they spend there money on & for quite a few going to games will be on the back burner
£200 plus for a family tomorow is just plain crackers
A chipped fire stick cost £50 (alledgedly) and can watch every game on the planet for 12 months
If we don't encourage the younger fans to go ( at sensible prices) it won't bare well for the future
We have the best fans in England( and beyond)
We have the best players in the world
We have the best team on the planet
If we want casual fans,young local fans & families to come to the odd game or hopefuly regularly we must scrap the £35 membership scheme
Freeze or reduce season ticket prices
Do more " special offers " and cap ticket prices say Cat C £20 cat B £35 cat A £50
& plenty of kids for a quid tickets
Pensioners £10 -£20
The acoutants might not agree but the writing is on the wall if things don't change
Good Luck to those who can afford to go tomorow
Let's hope for a great game & 3 points
I just had a look at the tickets available for tomorrow

I sit in block 318,right near the back
my season ticket was £325 and my sons,under 18 was £160 this year
tomorrow is costing me £25.52 for the both of us
if i was paying for 2 tickets though, £63 and £40 = £103 for an adult and under 18
totally outragious
I'm bloody lucky I'm working ,but the only way I can go is because of the
great value season card prices,especially where i sit,I know most season cards are
much much higher than mine

It stuns me,when i see how much for a dad n lad for games like this.
if i couldn't afford my season ticket,
i would be watching the game at home on a river,cans of lager etc and a cheap free watch
no way I could or would pay £103 for a match v tott.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot selling v Spurs on the exchange due to the storm, it was almost completely sold out last week.

Everyone wanting to sell now an no one buying, also sales are restricted.

Even though the prices are a rip off the game almost sold out in advance, there were none available SSL and now there are 46. All ticket exchange. Only third tiers and family stand had availability last week.
Correct.
Which means whether we like it or not City have got the price right from a business perspective.

Its not the big games City need to focus on price it's the Brentford level games where we struggle to sell out but have the double whammy of lots of season ticket holders not bothering too.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that we're selling tickets at £60+ for a league game. My games work out at just under £35 per match as a season card holder. With this match on sky, live streaming etcetera I'm amazed they sell at this price.

The disparity between season ticket and individual matchday tickets has always bugged me, and as others have said previously, £100+ for a dad & child combo v Spurs (it's not exactly a top fixture at this time) is appalling on the part of City, and clearly a major reason why we don't sell out, despite playing the most beautiful football on the planet. Given that gate receipts are only a fraction of the clubs current revenue stream, it's a massive own goal from the club.

£5
Correct.
Which means whether we like it or not City have got the price right from a business perspective.

Its not the big games City need to focus on price it's the Brentford level games where we struggle to sell out but have the double whammy of lots of season ticket holders not bothering too.
They have it all wrong from a buisness point of view
The core fan base can't aford these prices & if all we offer them are cheap tickets for Fulham & last minute discount for Brentford the fans of the future will stay at home with a fire stick & a crate of Stellar for £10
If we don't dramatically review all ticket prices the chickens will come home to roost over the next 10 years
There is a tiping point & that point has well & trully passsed

£5

The core fan base can't aford these prices & if all we offer them are cheap tickets for Fulham & last minute discount for Brentford the fans of the future will stay at home with a fire stick & a crate of Stellar for £10
If we don't dramatically review all ticket prices the chickens will come home to roost over the next 10 years
You can keep stating this over and over again (as you do) but the fact that all of these cat A games are practically sold out in August when they go on sale season after season says otherwise.

My mates work pattern has changed he put his season card on sale for the derby, Liverpool, villa, and spurs, dozens of people were messaging him for the ticket at £65 a game. Nobody wants Watford though at £30.

The club should consider selling ticket packages at the moment due to a lot peoples finances being under pressure , if they did three games for £120 i would buy them in a heartbeat and i am sure many more would

£5

I cant see it changing anytime soon though
its been creeping up like this for a good few years,the match day price v a season card price.

we will have a big local loyal fanbase,that does only attend cheap unnatractive cup games or early round champs league games 2 or 3 times per season.

its so sad, i gave my 2 season cards to my cousin and her nipper for 3 home games from nov to dec cos i had covid and couldnt attend,it was great for her,but she simply cannot afford match day prices.

I just had a look at the tickets available for tomorrow

I sit in block 318,right near the back
my season ticket was £325 and my sons,under 18 was £160 this year
tomorrow is costing me £25.52 for the both of us
if i was paying for 2 tickets though, £63 and £40 = £103 for an adult and under 18
totally outragious
I'm bloody lucky I'm working ,but the only way I can go is because of the
great value season card prices,especially where i sit,I know most season cards are
much much higher than mine

It stuns me,when i see how much for a dad n lad for games like this.
if i couldn't afford my season ticket,
i would be watching the game at home on a river,cans of lager etc and a cheap free watch
no way I could or would pay £103 for a match v tott.
Absolutely this.

You can keep stating this over and over again (as you do) but the fact that all of these cat A games are practically sold out in August when they go on sale season after season says otherwise.

My mates work pattern has changed he put his season card on sale for the derby, Liverpool, villa, and spurs, dozens of people were messaging him for the ticket at £65 a game. Nobody wants Watford though at £30.
You are right the cat A games normally sell out & the off off site hospitality sells at £400
( still several hundred tickets left for tomorow as of 9am)
But just because then can get top wack for a handfull of games it doesn't make it right though
The whole season ticket/ citizen card/ match day ticket pricing needs to be reviewd
£240 for a family tomorow is a pi*s take
You must like like me no dozens of ex match day going fans who now either meet in the pub or in someone house with a fire stick to watch the game
We complain about no atmosphere at games but many of the fans that could make a decent atmosphere don't either don't go anymore or just pick and chose there games as they been priced out of going regulary
I would rather save my money and go against Liverpool than go against both Watford & Brentford
Why not price it so fans can aford to go to all 3 ?
Any one agreeing that £63 & £50 pensioners £40 kids ticjets is ok are on a different planet to me
Once Pep goes and if we stop winning the club will be begging fans to come back.
Update
This afternoon still a few hundred tickets left for tomorow & plenty of hospitality packages as well

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.