Ticket Prices

As said before the thousands who bought tickets yesterday but didn't attend spent fuck all on food and merchandise.

Great turn out yesterday for a 4th round cup tie against Championship opposition but match day takings compared to a PL game will be well down all things considered.
(Pro rata ticket prices, corporate, most families aren't buying from the snack bars (too dear) but single blokes with a S/T are!

City are not massively reducing league prices until the rest of the League do, don't hold your breath

I would say 3k empty seats. Estimate 1 in 20 empty seats by using images from high in the stands. My view of the stands at the game was from a very low vantage point and it looked full. Then when I watched the game back I could see the empty seats - particularly in the South Stand.

Where I was sat there were loads of very young children. The group in front of me left at half time because they were soaked and their kids were crying (much too young to be at football).

I like cheaper ticket prices. They are essential for Cup games.

Our games are selling pretty well, particularly in a pandemic. In recent week / last couple of months the matches against PSG, Leeds, Chelsea and Fulham have either sold out or have been close to capacity crowds.

Not everyone whose bought tickets can make the games and the Club have tried to help to address this through the Ticket Exchange and Ticket Transfers. That doesn’t always work and the people who struggke to create a supporters number are the fans least likely to turn up on Matchdays in my personal experience. Non attendance is more complex than whether fans are poor or rich.

The Club have backed up the pricing for the Fulham game with some more reasonably priced tickets for the Brentford and Sporting games. Many of these tickets wouldn’t sell otherwise and some will be unsold. I reckon a third of season card holders won’t make the Brentford game and about 15k tickets exceeds demand realised through the Ticket Exchange, Facebook / Face Value pages and the Ticket Transfer Facility. Obviously, This wouldn’t be an issue if we were playing the rags, dippers or Chelsea.

I think some progress has been made on ticket prices and maybe City Matters is helping with this? The reality of life means that not every ticket is going to be affordable for every fan. It’s frustrating but I know I couldn’t afford tickets for every game when I was growing up or I had to walk many miles on a return journey to Maine Road, when pretty skint. Watching KDB, Bernado Silva and Phil Foden comes at a price.

Our games are selling pretty well, particularly in a pandemic. In recent week / last couple of months the matches against PSG, Leeds, Chelsea and Fulham have either sold out or have been close to capacity crowds.

Not everyone whose bought tickets can make the games and the Club have tried to help to address this through the Ticket Exchange and Ticket Transfers. That doesn’t always work and the people who struggke to create a supporters number are the fans least likely to turn up on Matchdays in my personal experience. Non attendance is more complex than whether fans are poor or rich.

The Club have backed up the pricing for the Fulham game with some more reasonably priced tickets for the Brentford and Sporting games. Many of these tickets wouldn’t sell otherwise and some will be unsold. I reckon a third of season card holders won’t make the Brentford game and about 15k tickets exceeds demand realised through the Ticket Exchange, Facebook / Face Value pages and the Ticket Transfer Facility. Obviously, This wouldn’t be an issue if we were playing the rags, dippers or Chelsea.

I think some progress has been made on ticket prices and maybe City Matters is helping with this? The reality of life means that not every ticket is going to be affordable for every fan. It’s frustrating but I know I couldn’t afford tickets for every game when I was growing up or I had to walk many miles on a return journey to Maine Road, when pretty skint. Watching KDB, Bernado Silva and Phil Foden comes at a price.

thought we had loads of empty seats for the Leeds game if im honest. Especially in both 3rd tiers

Other than that its going well so far

Some very good points. Regarding the Brentford game tonight, I've just had a look and loads of tickets have shifted in the past few days. Making the prices £25 & £30 instead of £42 has definitely helped. £42 for a midweek game in February was always going to be a hard sell (and no way would that many have sold at £42), just as £50 for the midweek game in December against Leeds was. Most of the empties tonight won't be unsold tickets - they will be non attending season ticket holders who haven't shifted them on to friends and family or put them up for resale on the exchange.

With thousands of unsold tickets for the Brentford game & hundreds of tickets still left for the Spurs game it is time City had a radical rethink about ticket prices especially in this harsh economical climate
For games like Brentford, Norwich,Burnley & most night games £Twenty is Plenty
They sometimes reduce prices in the week or two before a game but should price acordingly in advance & let kids in for a fiver or even a quid for some games
£50 for pensioners tomorow is a pi*s take
Many season ticket holders pick & choose what games they go to ( no problem with that)
But as others have said on here it would be better for season tickets holders to "opt in" for the games they want to see so then there seat can be sold on in advance ( & not at daft prices)
Loads of mixed views on here about ticket prices but doing nothing is not an option as eletrick, gas & water bills as well as rising food prices & a hike in petrol prices are going to force many fans to prioritise what they spend there money on & for quite a few going to games will be on the back burner
£200 plus for a family tomorow is just plain crackers
A chipped fire stick cost £50 (alledgedly) and can watch every game on the planet for 12 months
If we don't encourage the younger fans to go ( at sensible prices) it won't bare well for the future
We have the best fans in England( and beyond)
We have the best players in the world
We have the best team on the planet
If we want casual fans,young local fans & families to come to the odd game or hopefuly regularly we must scrap the £35 membership scheme
Freeze or reduce season ticket prices
Do more " special offers " and cap ticket prices say Cat C £20 cat B £35 cat A £50
& plenty of kids for a quid tickets
Pensioners £10 -£20
The acoutants might not agree but the writing is on the wall if things don't change
Good Luck to those who can afford to go tomorow
Let's hope for a great game & 3 points

£63/£65 adult tickets and £40/£42 for juniors for tomorrow is a proper piss-take. Those are the same prices as the club charged against Chelsea the other week and while it was just about possible to get away with it for that game due to the quality of opposition (not that it makes it right IMO), whoever thought it would be a sensible idea to do it against what is a relatively mediocre Spurs side these days is off their rocker. Luckily, going off the numbers of tickets that are available online, it seems that most season ticket holders will be using their seats for this game as opposed to a significant chunk putting them on the exchange for resale because if they had then not very many would've shifted at those prices. There were 65 tickets showing in block 318 2 days ago. Now there are 63. Tickets were selling far quicker for the Brentford game in the days leading up to it the other week which tells you all you need to know about the pricing up of the respective fixtures.

Seems to be a lot selling v Spurs on the exchange due to the storm, it was almost completely sold out last week.

Everyone wanting to sell now an no one buying, also sales are restricted.

Even though the prices are a rip off the game almost sold out in advance, there were none available SSL and now there are 46. All ticket exchange. Only third tiers and family stand had availability last week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.