Ticket Prices

What's constant throughout this thread is the amount of City fans who desperately wanted to go tonight, some with their kids, but they've all confirmed they've been priced out of going tonight by the club.

I don't like naming individuals at the club as it isn't always their fault, but Danny Wilson has to take note of of the amount of City fans who have been priced out of tonight's game. He has to speak to (Khaldoon when possible) and Soriano at the next Directors meeting about this. These tickets prices and price rises have to stop at some point or more and more City fans are going to be priced out of going to the games.
It's going to have to stop because the last few months should be a wake up call that nothing lasts forever. A Rag resurgence and a City slump could be a real knock to any tourist appeal the club are staking the future on. I'm not someone who panics every time we lose a game, there is loads for us to be optimistic about, I just think it's complacent to think we will be at the top forever. We are showing vulnerabilities as a side, other teams are catching up and we should prepare ourselves for smaller prizes when Pep leaves. The world does not love City like we do, they love to support a team that wins a lot and does it in style. If that slides then the club will need to work harder to keep and grow the legacy fanbase and £70 ticket prices will not do that.

was hoping to get a season ticket for me and my nephew at the end of last season until i realised that any cat A games aren’t included in the silver package. can understand the appeal to some but for me a season ticket is worthless unless you can go to every PL home game.

from the start of this season until now i’ve spent almost £300 on tickets and we’ve only managed to get to 3 games (one of them was a cup game) because i am continuously priced out. wanted to take him to the spurs game this evening but they wanted £120 for two tickets last time i checked.

it’s a disgrace. i’m round the corner and can get there easily and would love to go more often but just can’t justify the prices what with everything else costing a fortune.
I’m one of the few (who’d admit it!) who got a Silver, and I can honestly tell you the whole experience has been great. I was a lapsed STH and couldn’t see a way back in after those who took a break during covid returned. Got lucky in the free for all, 2 adults one junior and put them on pay monthly, then paid up front for the big six games, which I’d put some money aside for…..when added together the price of the tickets was actually lower than the price of the same season tickets from last season, now that maybe an anomaly and not repeated next season. There are also other positives (for me anyway) the direct debit wasn’t so high, access to cup schemes, sitting in different seats for big six games, i.e. we sat in SS1 for the derby & we’re sat in SS2 for Chelsea, last home game. I’ve had no problems with digital ticketing, and purchasing tickets for the big six was so easy, you’ve obviously also got the facility to sell your ticket or pass it on to others with a supporter number. If I was to give you the best advice possible (without wanting to sound patronising) it would be to purchase the memberships, this gives you the option of having the money returned if you’re successful, get on the phone when they go on sale and try for a Silver (if that’s all they offer) get SC’s in the family stand on pay monthly and tuck some funds away for the big six tickets, you can then select those games to suit your budget, preference of where you want to sit and even sit a game out if you want. I’ve never felt like I didn’t have a season ticket, it’s proven cost effective (especially compared to buying match to match) it’s given great flexibility and maybe even access to an upgrade next season.
I hope I’ve given you enough there to chew on, people have obviously had strong feelings about Silvers but I can’t honestly think of one negative, it’s all personal preference of course but I would say look deeper than the surface when thinking about whether to get one
I would also add, tickets for the derby & Liverpool are getting increasingly difficult to obtain, the SSC at least gives you the opportunity

I’m one of the few (who’d admit it!) who got a Silver, and I can honestly tell you the whole experience has been great. I was a lapsed STH and couldn’t see a way back in after those who took a break during covid returned. Got lucky in the free for all, 2 adults one junior and put them on pay monthly, then paid up front for the big six games, which I’d put some money aside for…..when added together the price of the tickets was actually lower than the price of the same season tickets from last season, now that maybe an anomaly and not repeated next season. There are also other positives (for me anyway) the direct debit wasn’t so high, access to cup schemes, sitting in different seats for big six games, i.e. we sat in SS1 for the derby & we’re sat in SS2 for Chelsea, last home game. I’ve had no problems with digital ticketing, and purchasing tickets for the big six was so easy, you’ve obviously also got the facility to sell your ticket or pass it on to others with a supporter number. If I was to give you the best advice possible (without wanting to sound patronising) it would be to purchase the memberships, this gives you the option of having the money returned if you’re successful, get on the phone when they go on sale and try for a Silver (if that’s all they offer) get SC’s in the family stand on pay monthly and tuck some funds away for the big six tickets, you can then select those games to suit your budget, preference of where you want to sit and even sit a game out if you want. I’ve never felt like I didn’t have a season ticket, it’s proven cost effective (especially compared to buying match to match) it’s given great flexibility and maybe even access to an upgrade next season.
I hope I’ve given you enough there to chew on, people have obviously had strong feelings about Silvers but I can’t honestly think of one negative, it’s all personal preference of course but I would say look deeper than the surface when thinking about whether to get one
I would also add, tickets for the derby & Liverpool are getting increasingly difficult to obtain, the SSC at least gives you the opportunity

yeah was really hoping to do this last season was just a bit gutted they didn’t put any regular season tickets out because the seats are clearly available. didn’t manage to get any though and my nephew was really disappointed - won’t make the mistake of telling him i’ll try for a silver season ticket again it’s not worth the tears. tried on the app and didn’t have any luck ended up in a massive queue before they sold out. we’ve had matchday membership since he was old enough to understand and enjoy the game without getting bored at halftime and wanting to go home.

i’m definitely going to try again at the end of the season for a silver because like you said it’s better than nothing and can always purchase the big 6 games.

I can't make the FAC tie vs Arsenal now. I'm on the cup scheme and I sold to one of our SC members at cost (£25 each). The same seats were on general sale at £42.50.
£25 is good value for me on the cup scheme, but not far off double the price for general sale is a bit rich!

I have a season ticket which is great value but no way I'd be paying £68 for a run of the mill game of football that isn't a final.
It's not really that run of the mill now though is it? Highly interesting circumstances and top 4/6 oponents with decent players. A real test of where we are and how we react.
The price of a half decent meal for 2 for an hour - or an experience involving something we support. Yes you used to be able to jib in or get in for 1s 9d - but...

It's going to have to stop because the last few months should be a wake up call that nothing lasts forever. A Rag resurgence and a City slump could be a real knock to any tourist appeal the club are staking the future on. I'm not someone who panics every time we lose a game, there is loads for us to be optimistic about, I just think it's complacent to think we will be at the top forever. We are showing vulnerabilities as a side, other teams are catching up and we should prepare ourselves for smaller prizes when Pep leaves. The world does not love City like we do, they love to support a team that wins a lot and does it in style. If that slides then the club will need to work harder to keep and grow the legacy fanbase and £70 ticket prices will not do that.
Great post, sometimes i genuinely think that the powers that be don't want local Mancunian supporters in the ground, they are a convenience and useful when it's the early rounds of cup competitions and tickets are cheaper and the tourists don't want to watch Crewe, Charlton or Bristol Rovers etc at home.

yeah was really hoping to do this last season was just a bit gutted they didn’t put any regular season tickets out because the seats are clearly available. didn’t manage to get any though and my nephew was really disappointed - won’t make the mistake of telling him i’ll try for a silver season ticket again it’s not worth the tears. tried on the app and didn’t have any luck ended up in a massive queue before they sold out. we’ve had matchday membership since he was old enough to understand and enjoy the game without getting bored at halftime and wanting to go home.

i’m definitely going to try again at the end of the season for a silver because like you said it’s better than nothing and can always purchase the big 6 games.
The obvious answer to most problems is for City to get the NS extension done & issue season tickets right up to the threshold of what’s allowed (85-88% ish?) and at a fare price. You could speculate that they are taking the opportunity to choke supply now in order to create demand when the NS is built, by only issuing so few & them being Silver (there is mitigating circumstances) The Haaland effect has surprised many but not those from outside the area who have been snapping up individual match tickets at whatever price, this is starting to recede a little leaving tickets with obscene prices and local supporters peeved at what’s available

As a long term season ticket holder, this is the straw that broke the camel's back. The 30 quid price increase (I think it was) was completely disgusting given the circumstances surrounding the country currently. No wonder our atmosphere is fucking shite 95% of the time when half of the fans in the stadium are tourists. The club unfortunately have sold out. It's the price of success. The matchday experience inside the stadium is a load of bollocks, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.