Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

The "repeat of the final" factor may have inspired the club to up the prices, but Inter don't have the "glamour" tag associated with arsehole clubs such as PSG and the Spanish gruesome twosome.

As for protests, it depends on thoughts about going to Munich. It's worth staying in the scheme if you want to go should we reach the final as the cheapest two categories sold out to cup scheme members for Istanbul. This meant a mate with 17,000 points paid about 400 for his final ticket while fans on the scheme with far fewer points got the cheaper ones. This was City's doing not UEFA's.
Sacking the FA Cup and League Cup schemes carries no risk as tickets for the finals don't sell out to scheme members.
We'll have plenty of tourists v Inter, but there are likely to be far fewer v Watford and for other domestic cup ties unless we play so-called "glamour clubs".

Yes it is such a bad thing. Because when we’re not the hottest ticket in town anymore and other clubs have taken over and we see all these nobodies fuck off because they don’t fancy watching us on the Europa Conference League every season, the club will be wishing they hadn’t pissed off the core support while they try and fill a 62,000 stadium against FC Vaduz on a Thursday night.

These attendees aren’t just not locals, many aren’t fans of City in any way and many are fans of the opposition. Over the years we’ve seen them falling over seats to take photos and videos of Real Madrid’s team warming up, cheering Sadio Mane’s every touch he made for Bayern in the quarterfinal the other year, jumping up when Kroos hit the bar in the semifinal the other year, singing pro-IRA songs for a full 45 minutes, giving shit to City fans and fighting with stewards when their fans were supposed to be banned, jumping up when Firminho made it 1-5 on aggregate, OnlyFans Chelsea supporting bitches openly cheering Madrid winning the penalty shootout last season and filming herself doing it then posting it all over her socials etc. etc. etc.

You win fucking nothing for topping the Deloitte money league.
Chill chill chill

I actually think that the pricing on this one could well bite the club on the arse. They could get away with it against PSG a couple of seasons or so back as the Messi/Mbappe factor helped guarantee a full house but as big and good a team as Inter are, this is the first group game and sales are often a bit slower for that one than they are for the later group games even if those are against so-called lesser opposition. Obviously our support is growing all the time and it may well sell out but I think it might be a bit of a struggle at those prices.
Maybe they’re testing how many touristy fans we have. It will probably be like the boycott of the CS last season, sadly.

The thing with ticket pricing is there always seems to be a section of the ground which is reasonable. Those people then argue "well its only £37 for me". But when they're pricing the next game the club won't be "benchmarking" against £37, they'll be looking at the prices of North Stand Level 2 and setting South Stand Level One based on those prices.

East stand level 1. £15 difference between an aisle. Fuck that.

CategoryAdultOver 65, 18-21Under 18
Season Ticket Members on the Cup Scheme
Family Stand Level 1 & South Stand Level 1 & 3£37.50£32.50£12.50
Family & South Stand Level 2£47.50£42.50£22.50
East & Colin Bell Stand Level 1 & Level 3£52.50£47.50£27.50
East & Colin Bell Stand Level 2£57.50£52.50£42.50
93:20£67.50£62.50£45.00

Maybe they’re testing how many touristy fans we have. It will probably be like the boycott of the CS last season, sadly.
Last season at one of the champions league game I was talking to a couple of guys sat behind me. They had travelled from the US and had paid something like $350 each for their tickets.

I don’t think tourists are fazed in the slightest about paying £100 or more and I think the Club are banking on it.

Last season at one of the champions league game I was talking to a couple of guys sat behind me. They had travelled from the US and had paid something like $350 each for their tickets.

I don’t think tourists are fazed in the slightest about paying £100 or more and I think the Club are banking on it.
Agreed. This is our biggest home game of the “group stage”.

It’ll be interesting to see how they price Sparta Prague.

If it’s still high, I guess we know the club know that they’ll fill the ground whatever they charge.

Agreed. This is our biggest home game of the “group stage”.

It’ll be interesting to see how they price Sparta Prague.

If it’s still high, I guess we know the club know that they’ll fill the ground whatever they charge.
For now in this era yes... they will. Fuck the local less well off loyal supporters.

Just my data point …. attended matches since ‘77. Lived in USA for last 30 years. Manage 3-4 trips back per year; family/business/football. Dates of trips booked before I know who(or where) we are playing.

If I have to pay 100 quid, I do, and am fortunate I can afford it (although I’d argue I’m not the ‘tourist’ type you are referring to).

City are a massive global draw now … visitors from USA/Asia see 100 quid for a ‘lifetime experience’ of seeing City in the flesh as completely reasonable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.