Ticket Shambles Tonight - Disgraceful

Dubai Blue said:
Tbilisi said:
I know the club has to start getting in shape for financial regulation but I think we should throw money at this now as if customers(supporters to you and me)cant buy what they want easily they wont bother and that must be part of our growth strategy to sell the stadium out.
Money spent on issues sort of this doesn't have any impact on FFPR so there really is no excuse not to sort this out. It's been going on for long enough now.

sorry, what is FFPR?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Dubai Blue said:
Tbilisi said:
I know the club has to start getting in shape for financial regulation but I think we should throw money at this now as if customers(supporters to you and me)cant buy what they want easily they wont bother and that must be part of our growth strategy to sell the stadium out.
Money spent on issues sort of this doesn't have any impact on FFPR so there really is no excuse not to sort this out. It's been going on for long enough now.

sorry, what is FFPR?

Financial Fair Play Regulations?

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Dubai Blue said:

sorry, what is FFPR?

Financial Fair Play Regulations?
Spot on!

It's always been a joke at City harking back to the Maine Road days but you would think with the investment we've had there would be major signs of improvement. We had an issue the other week again Wigan where none of our City cards worked and spent over 35 minutes at the ticket office where a rude member of staff talked amongst his collegues before eventually re-issuing us with tickets to get in i can't wait to go through the same nightmare against Everton this sat.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Did anyone who got shafted against Napoli manage to get themselves back on to the cup schemes? My mate rang the ticket office to tell them what had happened and they wouldn't let him back on the champs league scheme or the carling cup one as they're closed - even though he was on them in the first place. He said they just denied all knowledge that there was a fuck up. As a result he's not bothering going to the game on wednesday now. Well done MCFC

I had exactly the same problem at the match,ticket office and customer services, so i sent an email to danny.wilson@mcfc.co.uk and someone from his office rang me saying if i wanted to go back in the cup schemes etc somebody from his office would ring in the afternoon to sort it. Credit where due the call came and all is back on again, apart from the email to confirm it.
Thanks MCFC for putting it right even though it wasn't broken till i turned up to the match.

curleywurley said:
It's always been a joke at City harking back to the Maine Road days but you would think with the investment we've had there would be major signs of improvement. We had an issue the other week again Wigan where none of our City cards worked and spent over 35 minutes at the ticket office where a rude member of staff talked amongst his collegues before eventually re-issuing us with tickets to get in i can't wait to go through the same nightmare against Everton this sat.

That's true. I remember turning up for a home League Cup game against Barnet in 1994 and the queue for tickets prior to the game hardly even moving for half an hour or so. After contemplating going in the Barnet section due to it being pay on the gate for their fans, me and a mate fucked off to The Parkside for a pint, came back, and finally got our tickets 5 minutes before half-time. I wouldn't mind but there were only about 12,000 fans in the ground that night.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ticketing has always been a bit of an issue but I don't remember it ever being as bad as this. There should be a Points of Blue meeting soon and it should be top of the agenda.

We are aware of this problem and we are looking into it.

WNRH said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Ticketing has always been a bit of an issue but I don't remember it ever being as bad as this. There should be a Points of Blue meeting soon and it should be top of the agenda.

We are aware of this problem and we are looking into it.

Let's hope so for everybody's sake. (Touchwood) I've never had a problem but like many others I usually approach the turnstile with the awful thought that the card isn't going to work. Especially so after driving for more than 100 miles to watch the game.

Technology is supposed to make things easier, not harder, and for issues like this there should be a straight forward way to over-ride it.

Surely in this day an age there must be some way that the stewards at the gate can have instant online access to see whether a card is activated or not ?

From what others have posted on here it appears that even possession of all 3 Proof of Payment (i.e. text, e-mail & online booking screen dump) still wouldn't permit access if the card isn't working. How much proof do we need ?

At the very least there should be a way to activate the gate there and then if the supporter has at least one of these along with the card. Otherwise what's the point in sending texts & e-mails ? It's not rocket science.

If the Club is indeed looking into this shambles then sorting out how to allow instant access with proofs of payment would be a start.

Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm sure it will be, I think we'll be in there for hours. The last meeting overran quite a bit, the next one will probably be the same:-(

Bluebird1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm sure it will be, I think we'll be in there for hours. The last meeting overran quite a bit, the next one will probably be the same:-(

don't worry I doubt I'll be able to make it so the meeting time will automatically be halved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.