Ticket Shambles Tonight - Disgraceful

the club really have to do something to sort this mess out

it is certainly putting off many a casual fan from attending games and pissing off 1000's of season ticket holders who are in the cup schemes

if the club want full houses for league and cup games the first thing they have to sort out is the ticket office and also make it a lot easier for fans to get through on the phone

After decades of ticket office incompetence I'd only contemplate going to the odd cup match if there were a few cash turnstiles and therefore no possibility of ticket office bungling stopping me getting in.

For sell-out matches I might just accept paper tickets which guarantee entry, given to me physically at the ticket office when I turn up to buy them. But it'd have to be a really big match given that the ticket office seems incapable of dealing with any customer in less than 10 minutes and often only have a few windows open, meaning queues move ridiculously slowly.

Card upgrades and collecting paper tickets previously ordered over the phone prior to kick off are not an option for me. They've messed up too many times and when they do they seem unconcerned.

Anyway, thanks City for undercharging me for my season ticket this year.

I rang at 9am this morning on the dot to speak to customer services, option 1 then option 3. Expected wait time 90, yes ninety minutes, and they`ve only just opened at 9am. I don`t think my bosses would appreciate me on the phone for that length of time when I`m supposed to be working.

zandvoort blue said:
I rang at 9am this morning on the dot to speak to customer services, option 1 then option 3. Expected wait time 90, yes ninety minutes, and they`ve only just opened at 9am. I don`t think my bosses would appreciate me on the phone for that length of time when I`m supposed to be working.

Monday morning 0900hrs?? Peak time in any walk of life mate..

Re: Re: Ticket Shambles Tonight - Disgraceful

Bluebird1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Ticketing has always been a bit of an issue but I don't remember it ever being as bad as this. There should be a Points of Blue meeting soon and it should be top of the agenda.

I'm sure it will be, I think we'll be in there for hours. The last meeting overran quite a bit, the next one will probably be the same:-(
And when the question has been asked and they're trying to answer, we should all say "Your answer is important to us. You are currently in a queue and we should be able to listen to your answer in 45 minutes"

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
zandvoort blue said:

especially when you have to staff on the counter and a couple doing the phones. cut backs i`ve been informed

if this is true, then its a disgrace and the **** who made that decision wants the boot

zandvoort blue said:
I have had that, and what I don't understand is how the waiting time can go up as you wait.

If they can't reduce the waiting time (surely they can by sorting the underlying problems which are 1) Insufficient info on the web-site 2) faults with the On-line ticketing) 3) lack of staff?, then they can change the phone message so callers get a more accurate message saying where they are in the queue and how long it will take to get through. At the moment the call waiting message is not accurate.

In my experience the staff are very good, but they don't have the systems in place and that's what needs sorting out. I'm also a little surprised that we outsourced the ticketing to this Nottingham organisation when we have an Etihad Call Centre moving on site. If you control the operation, you can offer a lot more than a third party and it creates all kinds of hidden costs and problems that need resolving.

r.soleofsalford said:
zandvoort blue said:

especially when you have to staff on the counter and a couple doing the phones. cut backs i`ve been informed

if this is true, then its a disgrace and the **** who made that decision wants the boot

Dont swear-you will get yourself a ban!! Just like you did me!! Cheers for that one

r.soleofsalford said:
zandvoort blue said:

But if you try to ring the customer helpline (option 1 then option 3) to correct a ticket office cock up before 9am the taped message tells you to ring back after 9am. So when you ring back dead on 9am how can there be a 90 minute queue. Unless there are others like me hitting the speed dial at 9am.

alib said:
the club really have to do something to sort this mess out

it is certainly putting off many a casual fan from attending games and pissing off 1000's of season ticket holders who are in the cup schemes

This exactly. "Supporter Services" is a joke!
E-mail: the reply from SS to my e-mail of 7 days ago (about my Napoli tickets -paid for but no seat assigned) stated they would reply in 10 days! No reply (other than automated FAQ) to my e-mail of last Thursday about 5 Birmingham tickets
Phone: my 10 hour workday exceeds opening hours of Customer Services so no chance of phoning from home. Phoned today at 4 different times, minimum wait was 60 minutes, usual seemed to be 90 minutes. Max time i could spend on phone was 20 min work break.
website: awful to navigate but that's where recorded phone message tells you to go. Tonight it still shows my last purchase was season ticket, no mention of x2 cup scheme tickets for Napoli and Birmingham even though my credit card shows i've been debited for both........hence phone calls, e-mails. I was going to take time off work on Weds and take kids, but I've decided now I'll earn the overtime so none of us are going. On Sat i'll turn up at 9am and tell them to take me off all cup schemes and repay the money they've overcharged me. Without being aggressive i'll also tell them a couple of other things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.