Ticket Shambles Tonight - Disgraceful

Would it be an idea to collect these stories of ticket problems and present them to the club? Not a tirade of complaints but just the stated facts as to what where and when happened to cause the problem. They may not know how many people have suffered this and being informed may helpe them to decide to address the issues quicker.

blumoon said:
Had to meet up with Danny Wilson before the game to collect a Blue Membership. Sorted that and rang a lad I work with to meet him and his gal to hand them the cards for entry. He answered the phone and was still in Dublin and they had missed their flights. Was stuck with 2 pitchside tickets in 101 row C. Hung around the ticket section and offered them to people (FREE!!!) and I was looked at like I had 2 heads. Eventually gave them to a young Japanese couple who were on holiday and they had an absolute ball, as they had been refused tickets as they had no purchase history. They offered me £100 when I was sat beside them but I couldn't take a penny and they were paid for anyways. They were singing BLUEMOON in Japanese on the way home and are going to be blues forever more pmsl :-).

You are an absolute star and a credit to us blues!

Me and my City mates only "give away" our seats (to known friends) if we cannot make it.
All my United mates sell their tickets if they cannot go.

Not certain why,but I received two e-mails yesterday early morning from City,confirming my card had been activated and confirmation of Seat Allocation for both ST`s me and the lad have.
E-mail told me to print them off and bring them to the game,to avoid any problems.
Seems strange,but did anyone else have the same e-mail ???
Also had the same e-mails sent on the day I purchased them,early last week.

Ticket office is a fucking farce still

Outsource it to someone who knows what they are doing please City

Over the last week I have had numerous texts and emails advising me of my seat for last night. All kept on mobile just in case but no problems.
There has to be a major flaw on the system, saw a couple of seniors having problems with their seasoncards not being activated, I'm fairly sure they were not trying to blag entry.
Certainly needs sorting.

I've been in two minds whether to post my story, but here goes. Partially my fault, but a lot went wrong also.

Bought a Napoli for my dad over the phone, had to collect as wouldn't post in time. Asked the guy on the phone where I go (windows or upstairs in the store) and he said the windows.

Queued for 15 mins before Wigan to be told that collections are at the store. So went over to the store, windows all shut off. One of the store staff said I'd have to go down and queue again which I politely refused, so she got a lad out from the back office. I gave him my Napoli reference number under my dads account, pointed it out as it also had my Bayern purchase history on the page. He gave me the ticket and I went on my merry way to City Square.

Woke up Tuesday and checked the ticket as I'd be going straight from work. It had my seat details on it and not the seat in 102?!? Got to work and emailed a certain City Supporters Services person who advised my seasoncard had been cancelled for the game as a duplicate ticket had been issued. I'd have to use the paper ticket, and collect another for my dad's seat personally from him before the game. Did this and all was ok, but made it hard for me to pick an EDS ticket for tonight as I'd been running around before both games for tickets.

I didn't have purchase texts or email as it was my dads account and haven't had to use it for a season or so (always been able to buy 2 on my number when on open sale before this season). Also, I should have checked the ticket the lad sorted out for me but with all the rushing about I didn't check. This is the only problem I've had with tickets ever but it was a bit of a big one.

It can't carry on as it is as that certain Supporter Services guy is going to get SWAMPED with queries and it is too much for him to do. I don't know how he does it to be honest, the guy seems to work all hours.

I said in a previous post about tickets that I hope the teething problems you can get with new systems get ironed out, but last night looks a nightmare from this thread alone. Hopefully it won't get worse than this, I'm crossing fingers/toes/eyes/EVERYTHING!

Finally, for the person who said the ticket office manager should be sacked...the guy has been in that position for years and personally I've always been impressed with what he says on ticketing matters. He will be fully aware of last night and I'm confident he will try everything to sort fans issues out.

ste.sully said:
Dubai Blue said:
i8rags said:
I might sound harsh here but why would you not have the Receipt for payment with you.
Would of solved most of your probs, also ticket office is surely gonna be busy on the day of a ticket issue match. Basic schoolboy errors on your part I believe.
City should be getting these very basic things right first time round; then there wouldn't be any need to anticipate such poor customer service in the way you describe. Yes, it would make sense to have the receipt with you but it really shouldn't be necessary.
Neccessary? Always keep your receipts, that is what they are there for, if anything goes wrong.

First off I saw 1 of the hi-vis lads with card reader (thanks for the suggestion Dubai Blue) because although on all cup schemes had not been told where i was sat after being moved for UEFA corporates. Sorted i thought when lad told me where i was sat, so off to spiral but then red light so back to hi-vis. But then told you'll have to go to ticket office. Qued for 4th time to be told by cheeker fckers i hadn't bought a ticket when i had receipt showing i'd been charged twice (£50) for 1 ticket, then i was asked for ID cos they reckoned the card wasn't mine! City's ticket office is absolute shite. Fuck knows what's going to happen on Weds.

hartsgloves said:
Would it be an idea to collect these stories of ticket problems and present them to the club? Not a tirade of complaints but just the stated facts as to what where and when happened to cause the problem. They may not know how many people have suffered this and being informed may helpe them to decide to address the issues quicker.

Not read every page of this thread but the stewards around me were making notes of all the problems they were having. These were to be passed to the club via their supervisors. Of course this was only for inside the ground but I am sure they would have been doing similar outside. It is a good idea though to pass on any problems to the club because they need to know rather than just post on here and then it would only be anecdotal.

Balti said:
Ticket office is a fucking farce still

Outsource it to someone who knows what they are doing please City

They have outsourced telephone ticketing to an agency in Nottingham. The problem is that the communication between City and the agency appears to be abysmal.

When I bought my ticket for the Bayern game, they tried to tell me that I didnt have enough points. Because City hadnt told them that they had reduced the points criteria. They then tried to tell me that I had to collect the ticket from the stadium in Munich. Took me ages to get them to confirm that actually I had to collect the ticket from the Etihad Satdium.

As the operator I spoke to said "Sorry mate no one here knows whats going on, its all a bit of a shambles".

Eccles Blue said:
hartsgloves said:

Not read every page of this thread but the stewards around me were making notes of all the problems they were having. These were to be passed to the club via their supervisors. Of course this was only for inside the ground but I am sure they would have been doing similar outside. It is a good idea though to pass on any problems to the club because they need to know rather than just post on here and then it would only be anecdotal.

You're right, but what's the easiest way to do that for busy fans who don't live or work within reach of the ground?......by phone or e-mail to supporter services. Oh hang on, already tried that 6 or 7 times when i didn't receive my seat number despite being debited twice to the tune of £50. Then again we can always go to ticket office on match days to expalin the problem. Oh hang on did that last night for 30 fcking minutes of the first half. How about the ticket office just do their bastard job properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.