tickets distribution for todays game

Re: tickets disrtibution for todays game

jma said:
It's all bollocks. The club have some serious explaining to do. Except they won't, cos they don't give a fuck. If proper City fans miss out for gloryhunting plastic fans then I'm afraid that it is a big 'fuck you' to the blues missing out. If you can't afford to stump up the required amount over the season then you now mean much less to Manchester City Football Club than some no-mark, glory hunting **** with absolutely zero connection to this club or understanding of what it means.

And, sad to say, there are a fair percentage of blues who agree with it and also give a big fuck you to any blues who find themselves in that situation.

The Real Madrid game was exactly the same. People claim that it was due to blues not being arsed turning up. Whilst that was partially the case, you don't magically sell those tickets to thousands (literally) of foreigners at the last minute because the regulars hadn't turned up. The thousands aren't all living in Newton Heath and snapping up a local bargain. City are actively pursuing these people at the expense of proper blues imo.

Who wants to support Rag Mark II? Not many real blues, I bet.

Too late, it's already happened. At OT last season there were about 50 Chinese tourists with half and half scarves sat with the City fans. If that wasn't planned by the club, I don't know what is. These seats are sold to package tours months in advance.

I emailed the club about this and I had a call from Daniele in Customer Service today. she explained that these blocks of tickets (in 303 anyway) are sold to corporate companies and they can give them away or sell them at will. She has reported the fact that there were rags amongst these casual tourists and the stadium security team will apparently feed this back to the companies involved. She also said that these people should not be armed with DSLR cameras with long lenses and stewards are under strict orders to warn them if they attempt to use them, I saw none of that Sunday though last time I did it, I was threatened with eviction

She apologised if these casual "supporters" spoiled the day for me, hard to say they did when a French international with a vagina pissed me off more....

Daniele offered to help me get tickets in the future, should my family struggle to obtain them, like they did for the last game

I did say that it was illogical to complain about a full house, as we all benefit from having bums on seats, we should not however have to sit with fans from the opposition , it is a safety breach to do so, if my experience of Sunday is anything to go by..............

Bluemanc100 said:
I emailed the club about this and I had a call from Daniele in Customer Service today. she explained that these blocks of tickets (in 303 anyway) are sold to corporate companies and they can give them away or sell them at will. She has reported the fact that there were rags amongst these casual tourists and the stadium security team will apparently feed this back to the companies involved. She also said that these people should not be armed with DSLR cameras with long lenses and stewards are under strict orders to warn them if they attempt to use them, I saw none of that Sunday though last time I did it, I was threatened with eviction

She apologised if these casual "supporters" spoiled the day for me, hard to say they did when a French international with a vagina pissed me off more....

Daniele offered to help me get tickets in the future, should my family struggle to obtain them, like they did for the last game

I did say that it was illogical to complain about a full house, as we all benefit from having bums on seats, we should not however have to sit with fans from the opposition , it is a safety breach to do so, if my experience of Sunday is anything to go by..............

I'm not sure how offering to help someone jump the queue for tickets is a proper response to a query about why some people (i.e. tourists) jump the queue for tickets.

If we all phone up to tell them it's bollocks are we all going to get an offer to be 'sorted out for tickets'?

Anyway, the main issue is this.

"They are sold to corporate companies" is not the 'fair explanation' that the seem to think it is.

Whether they are sold to corporate companies to sell/give to tourist or whether they are sold directly to tourist, the club is still taking the decision to make sure that large swathes of seats are given to complete cretins for the biggest game of the season, with the knowledge that many proper blues would gladly snap them up.

They can dress it up how they want. The choice is this

a) do we want our proper fans getting the tickets

or

b) do we want know nothing, tourist numpties getting the ticket and, therefore, bringing in slightly more cash, either on the match day or in the future.

They have cynically chosen b) and, however they want to dress it up, choosing b) inevitably involves shafting the proper fans.

notts blue said:
we are turning into a business, not the die hard football club we used to be,

i was sat infront of a row of 10 of them at stoke way this year and i know that sold out at around 5k points,

loyalty means nothing nowdays!

Well you buy loyalty at our place now don't ya. All one these horrible embarrassing bastarding tourist sorts have to do is buy a platinum membership sell it on to their 27 brothers and sisters for a couple of seasons and they'll be top of the priority list for tickets for finals and big games. Double the amount of loyalty points and why? Because they are twice the fan or because they pay more money? Very Depressing.

half the people on here moaning about not getting tickets ,will not be at the watford match ,

ped said:
half the people on here moaning about not getting tickets ,will not be at the watford match ,
Proof? Or you just making that up?

really bitter to read this thread, I saw that lot of asian on the telly too, me and my mates were guessing its Chinese people, splashing out to attend such a big game. I mean you cant blame the tourist to attend football matches as mentioned by one other guy here abt how any football fan would love to go to El Clasico too. but even as a tourist u better have the kudos or at least the ettiquette before attending such a huge game.

i am a Hong Kong Chinese and supported city since 95, never lived in uk, only watched city once back in 98, but i dare to call myself a true fucking blue. four years ago ppl would be bemused to see me in a city shirt on the street here in hong kong, where now we see heaps of kids sporting balotelli jerseys all around. yes we are evolving into a cheesy corporatised brand. guess this is the price we pay for this unlikely route for quick success.

GStar said:
Not sure whats going on at City this season, but i don't like it. Chelsea/Liverpool on open sale but Wigan/West Brom sell out around 8k points.

Newcastle on open sale, Sunderland which is after it (and a shit away) is sold out?

i was plannin for a uk trip recently and hope to attend some city away matches, but seems its impossible for non-locals to get tickets so i figure i can try look out in this forum as potential way to source tickets from fans. i found it bizarre as well to see sunderland sold out so quick and newcastle still on sale. maybe because sunderland is boxing day fixture? interested to hear from you lot on why is this happening.

akamojo said:
i found it bizarre as well to see sunderland sold out so quick and newcastle still on sale. maybe because sunderland is boxing day fixture? interested to hear from you lot on why is this happening.

Boxing day will always get a large amount to go (getting away from the in-laws etc and tradition to go to the footy), but it is also after a lot will have been paid again, and quite a few of the regular away day blues will have spent quite a bit sampling the German markets (Gluewin) and the German beer earlier this month, which added to having to buy christmas pressies means less money available for a weekend or day on the ale in toon.

Caveman said:
ped said:
Proof? Or you just making that up?
maybe half is a little over the top .proof? lets just wait and see all the empty seats,,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.